Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Trouble of Love

Part 2

by rhea_foxx 0 reviews

A Kakashi POV story about the relationship between himself and Iruka. Based on a true story modified to fit characters and places. Pairings are IruAnko and KakaIru. Things progress onwards! The que...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Anko, Iruka, Kakashi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2006-07-19 - 1001 words

0Unrated
~The Trouble of Love~

Pt 2

Okay, so heres the second chapter you've all been waiting for! Well maybe not all of you, but thanks to everyone who reviewed, I appreciate it.


---------------------------------------------------


"Anko's gone." Irukas face twisted. He clenched his teeth and hands. He was trying not to lose it. Iruka was unstable. Kakashi again began to feel that need to be with Iruka to keep him company and to protect him.

"What?! How, why did that happen?!" Kakashi was actually a little confused as to how he meant that but he was surprised it had happened at all.

Iruka had gained control of himself for the time being, it seemed. He was no longer struggling like he was before and he seemed completely calm and unbothered. "She went on a long term mission two days ago. She won't be back for at least a year."

Kakashi felt a little relieved that she was only on a mission and not... Well, you know. Dead. But still. Iruka really depended on Anko to be there for him and for her to be suddenly wrenched away like that, well, it's going to be hard for him. He knew it.

"I see. Would you like to hang out tonight?" There he goes offering his company and letting his life away. But he didn't mind. Iruka was important to him.

Iruka smiled at him but waved him away "Its okay I don't want to impose. You've just been on a mission and I'm sure you just want to get some rest."

"Its fine, I've got all week off, I can get sleep whenever." Well. That wasn't entirely true as he had only tomorrow off but he didn't want Iruka to be thinking of him. He wanted Iruka to forget about his own life and do what he wanted. He was willing to go that far for Iruka.

Iruka was persistent though "No, no, its fine. I'm okay I just wanted to let you know." And like usual Kakashi let it go. Maybe all Iruka needed was a little time on his own.

"I'll catch up with you tomorrow then?" This was always Kakashi's strategy, if not today, then tomorrow. "Okay, I'd like that." And it never failed.

After Iruka left, Kakashi couldn't help but feel worried. Iruka was hiding from him still even though Kakashi had given him more that enough reason to trust him. Maybe it was just one of those things. But still he had to be sure. Kakashi didn't go to bed like he had planned and instead went out on a little mission of his own.

He had arrived at Irukas little house via jumping over the neighbours fence and silently tiptoed around the walls. He came to a small lit window and with care he slowly positioned himself so he could see in but he wouldn't look to obvious with the light pouring out into the garden.

His chest strained, spotting Iruka hunched over his desk, with his face in his hand. He was side on from him and he could clearly see the tears streaming down his face. He was sure if the window was open he would hear the gasps of air he was taking while sobbing. A lump raised itself in his own throat, pained to see Iruka like this, even though he was trying his best to help Iruka.

Soon Iruka had calmed and Kakashi didn't move an inch as Iruka pulled himself away from the desk suddenly and walked out into his living room. Only after he was sure Iruka was gone he moved to the next window, again carefully placing himself in the near-by foliage to mask his presence.

This time Iruka was sitting on his feet in the middle of his wooden floored lounge. He swiftly pulled a Kunai from his halter and imbedded it into the floor in front of himself. He lowered his head towards the floor. What was he doing? A prayer? For Anko? Could be.

Everything from there was all in slow motion. As Iruka rose from his bow Kakashi noticed first the streams of tears that were running down his face. But it wasn't that that had sent his heart into his throat in fear. There was a glimmer as Iruka gripped his kunai with both hands and held it to the side of his stomach closest to Kakashi's view.

By then Kakashi had already disappeared from his spot in the bushes and was re-appearing behind Iruka as he began his sideways thrust across his midsection. Kakashi instantly restrained both of Irukas arms while in the process flinging the Kunai from his grip and pulling him up to stand.

Iruka did nothing in a few stunned seconds and then began to sag in Kakashi's grip. He shuddered with silent grief as his knees hit the floor. Kakashi sank with him, kneeling behind him with a protective embrace. He held onto Iruka while he broke down.

This was much worse than he had ever thought it could be. He had thought that Iruka was just a little lonely and that by him being there he could help to abolish that feeling. But Kakashi realised that when it came to feelings that he didn't know Iruka at all.

---------------------------------------------------

Yay, that's another one down! I'm so glad. It took awhile because I was waiting for it to be beta'd, but no worries, I found time to do it before she could, heheh. I'm kind of worried about this though. This fic may be more than three chapters - depending if I can get everything into my last chapter. I've cut out a few things I was going to have in here and I was originally going to write more on this but I decided it was about the same length as my first chapter and it seemed like a really good stopping point that I couldn't resist. Well don't hurt me ^ ^

Thanks to all you readers out there, YOU ROCK!

~ Rhea/Smaus/Mil.
Sign up to rate and review this story