Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Insanity Is Catching.

Insanity Is Catching.

by FifiFiona 1 review

How can you tell the difference between fantasy and reality when the only person you trust is not real? (Frerard)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-11-13 - Updated: 2012-11-14 - 918 words

0Unrated
Hello :) This is my first story for a while since I stopped liking my last one… Anyway enjoy!

Gerard chased after his best and only friend, Frank, around the school playground. The other children found Gerard really weird. When you’re eight having an imaginary friend is completely normal. That’s not what the other kids find weird, they find it weird that Gerard doesn’t speak to anyone else apart from Frank. They find it weird that Gerard doesn’t always act like he knows Frank isn’t real. Whenever the teacher told the class to pick a partner Gerard would have a tantrum until he was allowed to go with Frank. The teachers just couldn’t ruin Gerard’s fantasy when he was so set on the reality of it. In fact no one ever told Gerard that Frank wasn’t real they just assumed he knew.

“Honey! Its time to come in now.” Gerard’s mom called out to him. The entire day Gerard had been out in the street playing superhero games with Frank. The bady was always Frank and Gerard would be the one to save the innocent people. Frank had a sort of wicked side about him. He wasn’t mean to Gerard he was just mischievous and always ended up getting them in trouble. Although Gerard was always the one who got the worst punishment.

“Well I’ve gotta go Frankie. Promise to be out tomorrow!”

“I promise.” Frank whispered only loud enough for Gerard to hear which forced a smile across Gerard’s face. All Gerard could do was hug his best friend and run inside. It was ok though because they would do the exact same thing tomorrow.

Gerard skipped into his house content with his day outside. The weekends were always Gerard’s favourite days of the week. Everyone loves the weekend but for Gerard is was a time of relief away from school where other kids made fun of him. Gerard ran into the kitchen to say hello to his mom who he had hardly spoken to all day. In the kitchen he found his mom, dad and younger brother, Mikey, all sitting around the table.

“Ahh there you are Gerard. Take a seat.” Gerard’s dad then turned to the youngest. “Mikey how about you go upstairs and brush your teeth.” Obediently Mikey ran upstairs leaving Gerard wondering what was going on.

“So Gerard were you playing with… Frank today?” Gerard’s mom asked with a hint of caution in her voice. The young boy simply nodded his head. They knew full well that was the only person Gerard would play with. “Don’t you think it might be time to start making some new friends?”

Is this lady insane? Frank was Gerard’s best friend everyone else hated him. They would never want to play with him! “Mom I will never leave Frank! He’s my best friend. How can you say such a thing!” Gerard’s chest hurt, the thought of not talking to Frank broke his heart. The tears had started to stream down his face. There was no point hiding them.

“Oh honey, I’m not saying you have to leave Frank but try and make an effort with the other kids because you know Frank wont be around forever.” Gerard was suddenly puzzled. What did she mean he wouldn’t be around forever. He understood people died or moved on but they were only eight, where could he go?

“Fine mom. I’m tired so I’ll just go to bed.” Gerard made his way out of the kitchen towards the stairs. He stopped to hear the whispering between his parents. It was muffled but he could make out words like ‘worried’, ‘doctor’ and ‘imaginary’. Gerard had absolutely no idea how those words could be linked in any way.

Gerard skipped up the stairs now desperate to get to bed so tomorrow would arrive quicker and he could play with Frank again. Mikey was sitting in Gerard’s room waiting for him. Mikey was only two years younger than Gerard but he looked like there was a bigger difference. He wore glasses that where much too big for his face. Mikey was a bit like Gerard, lacking in friends, but this wasn’t because he was picked on or anything. It was just that Mikey doesn’t make any effort to interact with the other children. He likes his own company.

“Hey Mikes you ok?”

“Yeah, I guess. You know mom and dad are a bit worried about you? They don’t like Frank. I think maybe you should pretend not to be friends with him anymore just in front of them.” Mikey got up and started to leave. He stopped and turned. “Gerard be careful.” Then he was gone. Gone through to his room to enter his dreams. For such a young boy Mikey understood a lot of things that baffled Gerard. The age difference was almost none existent when it came to knowledge. Everything that Mikey had said to Gerard left him utterly confused. And Gerard didn’t like it but knew Mikey was going to be right about this, he usually was. The only thing Gerard can do is tell his parents that he doesn’t play with Frank anymore. He doesn’t know why but he will.

So this is my new project :) R&R to let me know what you thought of the first chapter :D
Sign up to rate and review this story