Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Twenty-Eight

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-15 - Updated: 2012-11-15 - 885 words - Complete

0Unrated
Saturday Late Morning
Frank

Just as I finished pulling my jeans on, I heard my phone ring. Quickly, I dried my hair with the towel and ran into my bedroom. I grabbed my phone from where it was sitting on my dresser and answered it, not bothering to look at the screen. “Hello?” I could feel water dripping down my back. Obviously my hair wasn’t all that dry.

“Frank.” Mikey sighed. Mikey. I hadn’t seen him since before the incident with Bert. I almost burst into tears thinking about it again. “I’ve been standing on your front porch, beating your door down, for almost thirty minutes. Are you even home?”

“Yeah, I was taking a shower. I’ll be right down.” Without another word, I hung up and headed back into the bathroom. I pulled my shirt on and dried my hair more thoroughly before heading downstairs. Sure enough when I pulled open the front door, Mikey was standing there.

He came inside, shutting the door behind him and walked into the living room. He sat on the couch, and I took a seat beside him. He laughed, ruffling my hair. “You really were in the shower. For a minute I thought you might have been ignoring me.”

I shook my head, “Why would I be ignoring you?”

He sighed, his face getting serious, “Because of what I did. I should have never even talked to Bert. It just screwed everything up.” Tears were building in his eyes. “I can’t believe I was so stupid. You were my best friend, my love, and now... I don’t know anymore.” His eyes met mine.

“You will always be my best friend, Mikey. Nothing will ever change that.” All of a sudden he threw his arms around me and crushed me to him. I just smiled and wrapped my arms around him. I missed this.

“I’m really sorry. About everything.” He smiled, “Gerard really loves you, and I know you really love him.”

I looked away from him then. Gerard didn’t love me anymore, he made that perfectly clear. As for me loving him, yeah. That was true. I would never be able to stop loving him.

“Speaking of Gerard. Do you have any idea what is going on with him? He’s been really closed off.” He didn’t know. Of course he didn’t. How would he? I thought it was hard telling my mom what happened, but telling Mikey, my best friend, that was worse. Especially when he was the one who caused this whole thing.

I could feel tears falling on my cheeks now, but I didn’t care. Mikey had seen me cry plenty of times. “Gerard thinks I used him to get to Bert.”

Mikey’s eyes widened. “What are you talking about? Why would he think something like that?”

“After you left yesterday... Bert--” I felt my throat tighten and I couldn’t talk anymore. Saying it once was hard enough. The more I repeated it, the more disgusted I was with myself that I let it happen. I just wanted to pretended it didn’t happen, but no one would let me.

“Frank?” He paused, searching my face. “Oh my God, Frank. What did he do to you?” I could see the realization in his face. I didn’t have to say anything. He already knew. All of a sudden he wrapped his arms around me again. I buried my face in his chest and just let the tears fall. “I’m so, so sorry.”

“I’m sorry too, Mikey.” I looked up at him and met his gaze. “Promise me we’ll stay friends. I can’t lose you completely.”

He nodded, “Of course. You were my friend way before anything else. I thought it would be easier to never see you again, but I missed talking to you.” He smiled and ruffled my hair, “You’re my best friend, Frank. Always.”

I was so happy I almost kissed him. Thankfully, I managed to restrain myself. “You have no idea how good it is to hear that. I thought I would never hear those words again.”

“What do you say to watching a movie or something?” He stood up and headed over to the shelf packed with movies.

I sighed, leaning back against the couch. “I don’t know. I need to talk to Gerard.”

He sighed, leaning against the shelf. “Just give him some time. He needs some time to think about everything.” He smiled, “Just call him this afternoon. And if you want, I can talk to him too.”

“A movie sounds great.” He turned around and grabbed a movie at random. This was great. I had my best friend back. Yeah, he did some things that I will never be able to forget, but I believed him when he said he never wanted any of this to happen.

Now all I had to do was talk to Gerard and make him listen to me. I still can’t believe that he thought I would ever willingly be with Bert. What kind of person did he think I was? I needed Gerard in my life. He was everything I ever wanted and then some. I couldn’t live without him.
Sign up to rate and review this story