Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just an Average Day

Getting To Know Each Other

by ReganAB 2 reviews

Adrenaline and Frank finally get to speak, as well as a mysterious text from Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-11-16 - Updated: 2012-11-16 - 1097 words

0Unrated
Just an Average Day: An MCR Fan Fiction
Chapter 3: Getting to know each other
Adrenaline’s room was covered in posters, not an inch of wall was showing, not even the ceiling could be seen, and he didn’t notice that one of the posters had fallen down. Nor could he care. He had his face buried in his pillow, tears spread around his face, and the thoughts were coming back.
“What if I didn’t exist?”
“Who would care if I just died?”
“I’m a waste of a human being”
These thoughts and thoughts of similarity carried on throughout the day, and throughout the night.
In the morning, Adrenaline reached into his pockets as he heard a rustling noise. It was the note, the note that raised his hopes, and the note that crushed him. He didn’t know that so many feelings could come from one measly piece of paper and some black ink. He turned the paper over, there was a number, underneath it, and it said “call me”.
Adrenaline wasn’t great with phone called, he always got nervous and that’s when the silences came in, along with the awkwardness. Instead, he took his phone from down beside his bed and texted the number “hi- Adrenaline”.
An hour passed, finally there was a reply. “Hey Adrenaline, look I’m sorry about what happened. I saw you run off. There’s something I need to tell you. I think I might actually like you, but Frank, I can’t leave Frank. We’ve been together for two years now; I can’t just leave him like that. I love him. This took a lot of courage to say, as I don’t really know your sexual orientation. Please, don’t hate me; I want us to be friends. It would also be really great if you could speak to Frank, thank you for keeping me happy throughout Art, I wasn’t having a great day –Gee xo”
Adrenaline didn’t know how to respond, he certainly wasn’t going to spill his feelings over text, and he wasn’t like that. Even though it would be really awkward. As Adrenaline was thinking about what to say, the bus pulled up outside of his house. Adrenaline grabbed all of his stuff and his bass guitar and ran out of the door, Frank was on the bus. Frank beckoned Adrenaline to sit next to him, Adrenaline walked down the aisle of the tattered bus and placed his bag in front of the seat and sat next to Frank. “Hi Adrenaline, we really didn’t get a chance to speak yesterday, you just left all of a sudden. I was looking forward to use speaking, and I didn’t get to catch you in English. Where did you go? Was everything alright?” Frank asked, he seemed really concerned, and his eyes. They were gorgeous. He could see why Gerard loved him so much, he was a sweet boy.
Adrenaline felt the need to reply so he fought of the urge of just putting in his earphones and blocking out the world and answered Frank’s questions. “I’m fine Frank, thanks for caring; there aren’t a lot of people that do that nowadays. I left school for the day because there was so much to take in, and I met two people who were so much like me. You and Gerard. I have something to tell you guys. I won’t say it now; I’ll wait until we’re together again. Music corridor okay? Same time, it’s important. I also have a question for you, how did you and Gerard meet? I bet it’s a fantastic story”
“You know, it is quite a good story. Gerard and I met at an audition, I was holding auditions for a band, and I needed a singer and a bassist. Gerard turned up, and let me tell you, he sings like an angel. He even writes his own songs! They’re great, I love them. We got to know each other a bit more and then I asked him to come hang out with me at the cinema, that’s where we first kissed. I’ll never forget it. I know it’s a bit clichéd but it really happened and I will never regret it.” Frank’s eyes lit up as he described the moment, it truly was a momentous occasion for him.
“Wow! That’s so romantic” Adrenaline replied, with a smirk. “So, did you ever find that bassist?” asked Adrenaline with his hopes suddenly raised that he could finally be in a band.
“We didn’t, no. There was Mikey, Gee’s brother, but he said he wasn’t up for it. We’re still an incomplete band, do you know of any bassists?”
Adrenaline looked at his guitar case, Frank did the same. “I play” replied Adrenaline, the smirk turning into a huge smile. “Great, are you up for it?” Frank said.
“Totally”
“Yay! Something else we can all do!” Frank wrapped his arm around Adrenaline’s neck and pulled him in for a hug. Frank smelled of hairspray, it was a nice smell.
The bus pulled up to the school and it was the last lesson of the day, music. The other two were in this class, as well as the drummer, Bob, and the other guitarist, Ray. They had all agreed to meet after school instead of break so they could get more time together. Adrenaline loved this idea. As Adrenaline entered the class room, not unfamiliar to the sights and smells of this room as he’d been here earlier, the class stared at him. All but the four started to whisper about the clothes Adrenaline was wearing, a Misfits t-shirt and black skinny jeans. Words were passed around the classroom, the most obvious being “emo” Adrenaline had been called this since he was 10. It didn’t bother him as much anymore; he chose to ignore it and sat in his seat. The teacher introduced Adrenaline “so, class, today we have a new student, some of you may have seen him around already. His name is…umm”
“Adrenaline, miss” said Gerard at the back of the class, passing a sly wink towards Adrenaline.
“Adrenaline? Okay, class, this is Adrenaline. Oh I see you have an instrument with you, would you care to show us your capabilities?”
“Umm… sure” Adrenaline replied, standing up with his bag slung over one shoulder.
He made his way towards the stage…
Sign up to rate and review this story