Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions

Me and You

by Mikeyunicornrawr 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-18 - Updated: 2012-11-19 - 2614 words

1Moving
Pete's POV

I sit at my desk, fuming. Is every bully in this ridiculous school in the closet? For all I know, that guy could have been Josh's secret lover. I roll my eyes. I don't fucking care who he is, I just want him gone.

"Who is that?" I ask Patrick two seconds later, leaning over in my chair to whisper.

"M-Mark. Pete, what's going on?"

"Are you really that oblivious to the fact that the jerk just asked you out?" I snarl.

"Whoa... a-asked me out? Why would he..."

"Patrick, I swear to God if you even go there..."

"R-Right, sorry. I just really don't understand."

"He. Asked. You. Out." I sigh loudly. A few people look over curiously. One girl leans back in her seat and pokes me.

"New guy. Is it true you're gay?" She giggles. "Wait, of course it is. You can't make out with a guy like that and not be gay." I groan, looking away from her. She continues.

"It's a shame. You're, like... really hot." More giggling. I wish to stab her. "And, like... are you at all... into girls? Too? That would be so cool. We should go out."

I lean forward and look into her vapid blue eyes.

"I'd rather puke on your shoes." I reply, scrunching my nose in disgust. She stares at me with wide eyes for a moment before turning around in her chair. I chuckle quietly as she moves her feet as far away from me as possible.

"P-Pete?" Patrick whispers. "Why are you so angry?"

"Because, that asshole thinks he can get a quick fuck or something." I reply.

"But..."

"But what, 'Trick? He's the bully. That's all he's ever been. That's all he's ever been. He'll take your heart and rip it in shreds."

"H-He said Josh made him."

"If that's true, he's nothing but a coward." I clutch the desk in rage, grinding my teeth.

"Why are you so angry, though? I mean... I can easily say no and it'll be fine." Patrick bites his lip, watching me nervously. I look down, realizing he's right. Why am I so angry? Stupid jock with his stupid face and his stupid-
Oh.

"Patrick, we'll talk about it later. I promise. Just... don't worry for now, okay? I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you. Now where the fuck is the teacher?"

Our teacher is nowhere to be seen and there are only 10 minutes left in class. I think he finally just gave up. I shrug before letting my head collapse on my desk.


Patrick's POV

Pete seems...really angry. I get that Mark is probably just messing with me, but I still don’t get why Pete’s so mad about it. It’s not like I’d ever actually go out with Mark. I wouldn’t even trust him enough to be his friend, why would I consider dating him? And what does it matter to Pete? So what if some guy asks me out. It’s not like it’ll happen often. I sigh as the bell rings and Pete and I have to split up until lunch. Wait, he can sit with me now, right? I catch him before we walk out of the class.

“Y-You can sit with me at lunch now r-right?”

He smiles, “Of course. It’s pretty obvious we’re friends now...”

I nod and bite my lip, “S-See you then....”

I walk to my next class, being sure to keep away from the restrooms. I don’t feel like getting beat up again today. I go to my next classes, still not seeing Josh. Maybe they sent him home, or maybe he’s skipping. Either way is fine with me. I’d rather not deal with him. I can’t help but feel guilty for playing the video, and hitting Josh. I know he deserved it, but it makes me just as bad as them.

I go to sit at my normally vacant lunch table, but stop in my tracks once I notice it’s full. I sigh and look around for another empty table, but there isn’t one. I guess they’ll either have to deal with sitting near me, or they’ll get up and move. I sit down with my lunch tray, and the strangest thing happens. No one moves. I look over at them, confused.

“Hey Patrick.” Beth, a girl who I only know from History, smiles.

“Um... hi...” I look away.

She scoots closer, “I’m sorry about all the shit Josh put you through.” she shakes her head, “It was awful. But I guess you won, huh?”

“W-Won? I-I was just trying to get him to leave me alone.”

“Yeah, but you also complete brought him down.” her friend joins in, “So planned or not, none of us are afraid to be nice to you now.”

I raise an eyebrow, “Just because I gave Josh a taste of his own medicine doesn’t put me in the clear. Besides...”

“Hey ‘Trick.” Pete sits down in front of me with his lunch tray.

“Besides what?” Beth presses the subject.

I shrug, “All of you completely ignored me, or joined in on Josh’s bullying for three years...you didn’t want to be my friend then, so I don’t really want you as my friend now.” I look down, “That’s mean but-”

“It’s honest. And really, I don’t blame you. Most of us have said some pretty nasty things to you. But even still, at least you’ll be treated like a human being now.”

“Well I’ve always treated Patrick like a human being...” Pete mumbles.

“No you haven’t. New kid, you jumped right in with Josh and his friends.” Beth’s friend shakes her head, “You haven’t been any more than a friend to him than we have.”

“Well actually-”

“Pete, doesn’t matter. You don’t have to explain yourself.” I shrug, paying no attention to my food.

“True..”

“Let’s go outside and eat.” I stand with my lunch tray and walk outside with Pete, sitting in the grass.

“So basically, you just had an opportunity to revoke your outcast status...and turned it down?” Pete raises an eyebrow.

I shrug, “None of them gave a shit about me then, so what if the main bully is gone. They’re all bullies, and I’m not interested in their friendship. Plus, I have a real friend right here with me.” I smile at him.

He blushes lightly, “Um.. yeah...y-yeah you do.”

“Your face is more expressive than you realize.” I grin slightly, “Someone’s blushing.”

“No I’m not. It’s just...” Pete looks down, “Cold.”

“Oh, I’ve used that excuse before, it doesn’t really work.” I smile and nudge him playfully, “By the way... do you plan on explaining the whole Mark thing you were so mad about?”



Pete's POV

I don't really feel like explaining myself, but I guess I owe it to Patrick. So much has changed over the past few days and honesty is the only way to go right now. I take a deep breath. Guess I'll ease myself into it.

"Listen, 'Trick. I just... have gotten kinda protective lately. I don't wanna see you hurt, and it probably wasn't the best idea to have gotten so angry. I couldn't really help it. I'm sorry."

"B-But why did you get so protective? I know we're friends, but... you kinda snapped."

"I guess..." I sigh, avoiding his gaze and picking at clumps of grass. "I guess I was a bit jealous." I mumble as quietly as I can.

"Wh-What? I can't hear you."

"I was jealous, okay?" I cringe, staring intensely at the ground. I can almost hear Patrick frown in confusion.

"Jealous? Of... Of Mark?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah... yeah, jealous of Mark. I... I am."

"Why? I thought you didn't like me."

I bite my lip. I have to do this, and it's not gonna be easy. "I guess I kind of maybe do."

"M-Maybe?" Patrick looks at me, eyes full of confusion. I finally meet his eyes and shake my head.

"It's not exactly maybe. I'm still really figuring it out, but I think I definitely do like you. I pretty much realized it when you sang to me. You have an incredible voice. You're... well, everything about you is pretty amazing. And you have beautiful eyes. You're sweet and caring and you didn't even consider hanging around with the people who treated you badly. You think you're weak, but you're not. Sometimes, you're stronger than me." I realize I'm rambling and trail off, blushing.

"Y-You... you really mean that? How could you like someone like me?"

"Patrick, do you realize how much I absolutely loathe that question? You're not 'someone like you.' You're you. And I'm not some shallow loser who's looking for a quick fuck. I don't have a 'type.' And you're not the only one who's surprised about returned feelings."

"I'm n-not?"

"No. I'm surprised you can like me after the way we met. You don't go for the jerks yet I kinda acted like the biggest one of all."

"You've more than made up for it," Patrick replies, mumbling. I smile slightly and we're silent for a moment.

"You should eat," I tell him quietly. Instead of arguing, he nods and picks up his slice of pizza, biting into it. I finish my lunch quickly. I notice we've moved closer slightly. I suddenly remember the conversation we began to have earlier this morning.

"Patrick?"

"Hm?" He finishes his slice and puts his tray behind him.

"Both times we've fallen asleep in the same bed, we've wrapped ourselves around each other. By complete accident." Patrick blushes as I speak, nodding.

"Y-Yeah... it was a bit nice."

"It was. Maybe... maybe it'd be nice if it weren't an accident."

Patrick looks up at me. "What d-do you mean?"

I shrug. "I'm a cuddler. And you're pretty good at it." I smile at him, feeling my cheeks redden as well.

"I-I am?" he raises an eyebrow. I nod.

"Also, I owe you something. I wasn't too nice about it. So... I owe you."

"Y-You owe me? What do you owe me?" Patrick asks quietly. I lean forward and press my lips gently against his.


Patrick’s POV

I gasp softly in surprise before I start kissing back. Butterflies fly around my stomach as I feel Pete’s lips curve into a smile. I blush as he pulls back slowly. I look down shyly. He smiles and shyly takes one of my hands into his.

“Y-You kissed me...” I blush more and look down.

He chuckles softly, “Yes, that is what just happened.”

I bite my lip, “Wh-Why?”

He smiles, “I guess you didn’t understand the long explanation... Patrick, I like you, okay?”

I blush and look down at our hands, “I...If it helps your jealousy any, I’d never even consider going for Mark.” I shake my head, “It’s hard to fall in love with someone who’s beat the shit out of you..”

Pete smiles and leans his head on my shoulder, “I’d imagine so...”

I blush lightly as the bell rings, “S-See you in gym?”

He nods and pecks my lips, “And then we can go home and cuddle.” he grins.

I find it very difficult to pay attention in class, with the thought of Pete’s lips on mine. I can’t get him out of my mind. Class is very strange, though, without the fat jokes and pencil stabs. I keep expecting someone to say something, but no one even seems to be paying attention to me. Not that I mind, invisibility is a much better alternative to getting beaten up. I hurry to gym and smile at Pete as I meet him in the locker room.

“H-Hey.”

“Hey.” Pete smiles and pulls off his shirt.

I blush and look away.

He chuckles softly and puts on his shirt, “I appreciate you not staring, although you don’t creep me out.”

I blush more and get my gym clothes before going to change in a stall.

After gym, we walk to Pete’s car. Pete grins over at me and pulls my hand into his, making me blush. I look to him and smile.

“B-Before we...” my blush deepens, “C-Cuddle... I have some homework...”

Pete shrugs, “We’re suspended for three days.” he holds up his write up, “We could put if off for a while.”

“But...” I sigh as Pete begins pouting, “Fine, Pete...”

He grins and opens my door for me.

“N-Now you’re just trying to make me blush...” I mumble.

“Maaaaybe.” his grin widens as he shuts my door after I’m inside.

He gets in his seat and starts the car before starting to drive home.

I bite my lip nervously, “Y-Your parents won’t hate me...r-right?”



Pete's POV

"Why would they hate you?" It's not like you killed someone. You hacked a video feed in retaliation for a guy beating the shit out of you. I'd say it's pretty fair."

"He beat you too," Patrick adds, biting his lip.

"And my parents are gonna be pretty upset about that. They'll be glad we finally ended Josh's reign of terror. Don't worry too much, Patrick. We'll be okay." I reach over and take Patrick's hand in mine, squeezing gently.

"P-Pete?

"Hm?"

"You're incredible, you do know that right?" He smiles at me, blushing lightly.

"No, actually I don't. But... thank you. You're quite amazing yourself." I lace our fingers and grin. Patrick leans over and kisses my cheek and the smile doesn't leave my face till we're home. I get out of the car and go to open his door again. We walk into the house together and drop our bags on the floor.

"Mom?" I call. No answer.

"Pete's Dad?" Patrick tries. Nothing. I grin at him, shrugging.

"Guess we've got the house to ourselves." I go into the kitchen and pull a bag of chips out of the pantry. Patrick follows, but mostly just watches. I turn to him, eating chips and grinning.

"Is this real?" He asks.

"I dunno," I reply, leaning forward to stroke his cheek. "Is it?"

"St-Stop making me blush," Patrick murmurs.

"Aw, why? It's adorable. Like I said, it's honest."

"I-I'm honest too," he replies. I nod, taking his hands and swinging the gently.

"Quite. And not a lot of people are. It's what I like about you. You don't care about lies, only truths. C'mon, let's go to my room and cuddle. I'll bring the chips."

Patrick rolls his eyes and follows me upstairs. We only let go of each other's hands long enough for me to open my bedroom door. I take a running jump onto my bed and lean up against the headrest, my arms folded behind my head. Patrick laughs quietly and goes to sit next to me. He looks at the bedspread for a moment, biting his lip awkwardly. I smile and wrap an arm around his waist, pulling him down next to me gently. He blushes as I rest my head on his shoulder and wrap my legs around his.

"P-Pete?" he says quietly.

"Yeah, 'Trick?"

"I really... really like this. Thank you."

I chuckle and kiss him softly. He sighs against my lips and kisses back nervously. I move my fingers into his hair and pull him closer, deepening the kiss. Before it can go much further, the door opens and my mom walks in.
Sign up to rate and review this story