Categories > Original > Horror >

Chapter 3

by owlicesezhoot 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-26 - Updated: 2013-04-20 - 1173 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4.

When we get to Jake's house, his parents are busy unpacking the car, so jake grabs his suitcase and we all head upstairs to his room. Once inside he pulls out his camera and plugs it into the mac on his desk. 'Here we go! You guys look at these while I quickly put my stuff away.' he says turning back to the suitcase. As the pictures are uploading, I glance around Jakes familiar bedroom. Countless times the four of us have sat in here reading KERRANG! and listening to music, or debating something like 'who's hotter: Kier Kemp vs. Jack Barakat.' to no final result. The room itself has that stylish sophistication that only gay people seem to pull off, but of course he has a wall of posters, much like the rest of ours. I refocus on the computer screen just as the sync completes and Lia opens the photo album, starting to click through it. 'digging the shades Jakey..' she teases, and he replies with a playful smile and his middle finger. 'is that the Berlin wall?' Asks Percy as another picture comes up. 'yup, there's only, like, a tiny bit of it left standing.' 
Then a load of images come up of the resort he stayed in, with the pool, beach, and several admitably hot guys. Then there were several of one guy in particular, both on his own and next to Jake. 'thats the lucky fellow is it?' I ask with a raised eyebrow. 'honey, look at him, if anyone's lucky here it's gotta be me for pulling that hottie!' 'haha! Your so hard on yourself Jakey, you know your adorable.' 'adorable isn't the same as hot though is it?' 'I'd date you Jake... Ya' know, if I was a guy....' Lia chimes in, to no particular help. Jake gives her a sarcastic smile before continuing, 'whatever, point is, he's one hot motherfucker. His names Patrick, how cute right? He speaks really good English and he was so sweet!' he says, gazing longingly at the screen. 'alright, keep your pants on loverboy..' I tease him again, which again receives his favourite hand gesture. 'I got his phone number and everything!!' 'ooh yeah, you did!' says  Percy who's casually picked up Jakes phone and is scrolling through it. 'Oi!' Jake snatches it from her, ' hands off!' he shoves the phone in his pocket and elbows her in the ribs. 'oooww!' Percy complains, but she's laughing with the rest of us. 'I take back what I said earlier, deffo didn't miss you lot!!' he sticks his tongue out once again, 'c'mon, let's go get some popcorn and we'll watch a film.' 'ooh! Can we watch Let Me In?!' I ask as we head downstairs. 'yeah, I love that one!' 'okay, Hayley, grab some cokes from the fridge?' 'Kay!'
Loaded with the unhealthiest pile of junk food possible, we head into the den. Another of the awesome rooms in Jakes house, its packed with the comfiest sofas and beanbags ever, a pool table, every games console I've ever heard of, and best of all, an enormous flat screen tv. Jake puts the film on and we all flop down in a rough circle of couches with the food in the middle. As the film starts my mind cant help but wonder back to Kyle, sat in McDonalds staring at me with his strangely dark eyes. He only started school on Wednesday, and I'm pretty sure the only lesson we'd had together so far was Art. I only noticed him then  because Ethan started being a Jerk to him purely because he's new. Kyle seemed pretty non-plussed about the whole thing and looked at Ethan like he was an annoying fly that had found its way into his room. That made me smile. There aren't many with the guts to stare Ethan down... 
I tune back in just as the opening credits finish, and with a sigh I wriggle around getting comfy to watch the film. 
The first thing I notice is how light it's gotten. I sit up and realise someone's opened the curtains, and that I must have slept through the end of the film. I reach over and grab my phone from the coffee table and unlock it.. 'SHIT!! It's 6 AM!!!? Oh crap I slept for 9 hours?! Fuck! JAKE..?!' a very happy jake half skips into the doorway. 'oh, mornin' Hayley!' he says with a smile. 'Jake! Why didn't you wake me last night?! Wtf is my mum gonna say?!!' I've jumped to my feet with anxiety. 'oh relax hayles, you zonked out on the couch last night, and you looked like you needed a good rest, so I rang your mum and she said it was fine for you to stay over!' 'oh.....' I sink back down into the sofa, my panic ebbing away. 'oh, um, thanks jake.. Sorry I yelled...' I feel awkward and meek now. 'don't sweat it babes, I'm not completely clueless you know!!' he winks at me, 'now, what can I get you for breakfast?' I smile and stretch, my necks gone weird from sleeping on the couch, before following him into the kitchen.
Jake opens the fridge while reeling off a long list of breakfast choices to me, some of which I've never even heard of, and I jump up to sit on the island. 'can I just have some orange juice? I'm still half asleep..' my sentence trails off into a yawn as if to emphasize my point. 'so how come the others didn't stay as well?' I ask as he pours the juice. 'oh, Percy's got shitloads of Coursework to finish, and Lia had some kind of family thing today, so her mum wanted her home.' he explains pulling a sympathetic face. 'oh right.. Did my mum say anything about getting home or..?' 'nope! She said to head back whenever' 'awesome. What d'you wanna do today then?' I ask, knowing he'll have something crazy in mind. 'oh, I've got a few ideas...' he winks at me mischievously, then realizes how that sounded, and we both burst out laughing at the same time. 'Im not sure Patrick would approve Jake!!' I tease, still in fits. 'oh you know what I meant!! C'mon let's get out of here..!' he laughs and drains his glass.

One of the great things about Jake, is his car; something the rest of us can only dream of affording. However, Jakes always been well off, and his little white mini is just one of the resulting perks. As I climb into the passenger seat I try again to get out of him where we're headed, but he just smiles and won't answer. Giving up I lean back in my seat, and happily prepare for a jake day.
Sign up to rate and review this story