Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Deathfics

Nighttime (Death #3)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Sesshomaru, Rin and the "death" of a nightmare.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-07-20 - Updated: 2006-07-20 - 326 words

0Unrated
Nighttime (Death #3)

By kira


Author's note: This was written for Live Journal's 30 deathfics. My character is Sesshomaru.


Nighttime was always the worst for them. In the beginning, when darkness fell and Rin finally went to sleep, the nightmares would start, leaving Sesshomaru feeling helpless as she cried her heart out. Since she did not speak, he had now idea what terrified as she wept for hours, only to fall into a fitful sleep as dawn approached.

Those were the times when Sesshomaru had felt the most helpless as he let her climb onto his lap, murmuring soft words of comfort to her that did no good. The dour taiyoukai would hold her close as she sobbed; trying his best to figure out what was wrong as she tried her best to explain without words and through it all Jaken would sleep peacefully much to his annoyance.

Remembering what his father had once said, "struggling is what makes you stronger," and looking down at her now peaceful form, he could see that his father was right. She was getting better. During the day she had started to speak and for the most part she merely spouted childish nonsense, and yet, he found it, as well as her, a welcome diversion.

Now her new-found voice helped Rin explain her fears and it shocked him to learn she had been reliving the moment of her death each night. From there it was a simple matter to kill the "monsters" that robbed her of her sleep. Calling upon his dokkaso, Sesshomaru flicked a few deadly droplets into the night air. He told her the soft sizzling it made as it hit the ground was the sound of her nightmares being destroyed. Sesshomaru sighed softly when she kissed his cheek, whispering her thanks, before she happily settled in for the night on his lap. Minutes later, Rin was fast asleep, leaving him feeling strangely happy for the first time in years...
Sign up to rate and review this story