Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > If I Don't Have You

Chapter 2: Get Me Out

by Gunner69ever 1 review

It's Skye's 16th birthday is in less than a month. Will she really go through with the escape?

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-09 - Updated: 2012-12-11 - 727 words

0Unrated
Flashback ends
January 7 1982
I woke up outside of my house and remembered the flashback I had. It was freezing, and still pretty dark out. I don't really know how I got outside of my house, I couldn't recall at all where I was last night. But I knew one thing. My Dad had hit me. I had a huge bruise on my leg. I looked down and saw that all I had on was a pair of really short shorts, a tube top, and some sneakers. Well, better than nothing. I thought about my dream. I remember that I was about 9 at that time. I never understood why he dad that to my sister and I. But I started to get it when I got older. He couldn't bear that my mother died. She OD'd and he blamed us for it because we had known that she took heroin, but we never really did anything about it. So she died. Her death didn't affect me at all though, I was never really that close to my mom. It had started to get even colder, so I got up and started walking around the neighborhood. There was no fucking way that I was gonna go back into that house. Yet. I need money and clothes so I can run away. But I didn't really know if I would be able to go through with it. I mean, I'd be leaving Axl behind. He's the only friend I've had. I'm home schooled, so I never got to talk to anyone else other than him. And some dude that Axl knew. Izzy or something. I walked past Axl's house and it was quiet. Which was unusual, because I would always hear screaming or some kind of loud noises coming from the house. Eh, maybe Axl's parents aren't home. He had told me that he had a 2 siblings which also got beaten by his Dad. Or you know, step-dad. He changed his name after he found out about his biological father. It's W. Axl Rose now. The "W" stands for William. Hm, Axl suits him. Well, I walked to the park and saw that he wasn't there. Where the fuck is he? I usually find him in the park at this time. Oh well, at least I can get lost in my thoughts for a while. I sat on the swings not caring that it was freezing out, and just thought about how exactly I'd be escaping. Would I tell Axl about it? No, I shouldn't. He'd try to get me to stay here. But if he finds about me leaving, it'll break him.... Oh hell. I kept on swinging and I heard some footsteps from behind me. Fuck, is it my Dad? I looked back and saw that it was Axl. He was wearing a flannel and some jeans. Damn was it cold. "Hey Skye." "Hey Axl." He sat on the swing beside me. It was pretty silent for a while until Axl broke it. "So why are you here this morning?" "Well, why are you here?" "... I was looking for you actually. I climbed to your room and saw that you weren't there." I made a small giggle, "What? Worried about me Mr. Rose?" I smiled at him and he smiled back. It looked like it was about to be sunrise, so it seemed like a good idea to go home. Dad gets really violent when he finds out I'm not in the house. "Axl?" "Yeah Skye?" "Can you walk me home please?" He got up and took my hand, then we walked towards my house. I really was gonna miss Axl. At least I still have a month to be with him before I run away. It would be for the best, he won't have to be so protective of me. When we got to my house, I could hear my Dad yelling. Axl looked at me and then I heard screaming. "Leslie?... OH NO, LESLIE!" I ran to the door and busted it open. I saw my father trying to rip her clothes off. I ran up to him and gave him a blow to the head, but it wasn't as effective as I thought. He got back up and shoved me to the floor. Hard. He kicked me in the face, and I immediately blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story