Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

And In This Smoke, I'll Fall

by ChemicalsAndLlamas 0 reviews

Just a quick one shot I've wrote from scratch, writing down what ever came to me. It's a Frerard. This is dedicated to everyone who tragically lost their lives on September 11, 2001. IT IS FICTION....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-12-15 - Updated: 2012-12-15 - 933 words

0Unrated
"Gerard Way was a young, bubbling artist from New Jersey. He had a love and passion for Art and creating music. His dream was to create a band, named by his brother, called My Chemical Romance. He had such a beautiful voice. I know he would have gone far. All he wanted to do was save lives, like people had saved him. He is an example of a young life taken away before he has even lived. He left me a note, which was found in the rubble. Here is what it said; 'Frank Iero. My life. My boyfriend. I wish that when I died, I could of been with you. Now I know I'll never get to kiss your soft lips again. Never get to make love to you again. Never get to just hug you again. Never get to hold onto you. Never see you smile that beautiful smile. I was taken away from you in such an evil way. Never forget me Frank. I will watch over you forever. See you love again and smile. Live your life Frank, don't sit around and grief over me, you know I wouldn't want that. Listen to our music and keep your faith. I love you, like I always have. xo' Here is his story, his final moments."

Working at Cartoon Network was something Gerard always wanted to do when he was younger. It was his dream. Everytime he went into New York, he'd look at the World Trade Centre and imagine him in there, drawing.

"What do you want to be when you're older Gerard?" His grandma, Elena, asked him.
"I want to work at the Cartoon Network place in the World Trade Centre!" Gerard grins, pointing up to the two towers.
Elena takes hold of his shoulders and smiles. "You run for that dream. Just keep running, and never stop, even when you have catched it!"
Gerard smiles, imagining drawing for the channel.

He worked well at High School, always getting better grades than any other students in his Art lessons, and his teacher, Miss Spencer, recommended he should go to an Art school in New York, not the local one in New Jersey. So, Gerard did apply to go to New York Academy Of Arts and was accepted in. He passed his course gaining an A* and soon after got a job at Cartoon Network just like he dreamed of.

September 11, 2001 was just like any other day working. He took the train from New Jersey to New York and went to his office at Cartoon Network in the South Tower of the World Trade Centre.

"Hello Chantelle! How are you today?" Gerard asked the receptionist as he signed in.

"Good morning Gee, I'm good today."

Gerard had been working on a piece about a Breakfast Monkey who didn't love bananas, he loved toast and coffee. In the comic, he meets three friends and shares his love for toast and coffee with them.

His cellphone rings and he checks the call ID. It's Frank. "Hi babey."
"Hello dude, I just like woke up." Frank says down the phone.
"It's only 8am!" Gerard laughs.
"I have to go, sorry, my nan is almost attacking me asking for Skittles, I love you!" Frank giggles, and Gerard can here Barb going 'Skittlessss' in the background.
"I love you too forever and always Frankie." Gerard kisses down the phone before cutting off.

He takes out his current work from his draw and looks at it, admiring what he has already done. So far, he has sketched Breakfast Monkey and his three friends Bob, Clyde and Skittles, and Skittles being based on Gerard's boyfriend, Frank Iero.

Gerard chews his pen and wonders how to start his new comic now he has all the designs.

The time passes by and after three coffees and a cigarette, Gerard finally has some idea's.

9:00am

"This looks good." Gerard nods to himself in approval.

He sketches some more, writing about Breakfast Monkey meeting his new friends.

9:02am

Gerard's cellphone rings again.
"Hello?" Gerard says.
"BABE, YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE. YOU HAVE TO. OK. JUST.. TRUST ME ON THIS.."

9:03am onwards.

He was just about to ask why, when he heard an extremly loud crash a few floors above him.
Flying to the window, he sees the North Tower elighted in thick black smoke. How did he not see this before?

The building goes up in flames and he hears screams from everywhere.
Quickly he writes a note to his boyfriend, just in case he can't get out.
'Frank Iero. My life. My boyfriend. I wish that when I died, I could of been with you. Now I know I'll never get to kiss your soft lips again. Never get to make love to you again. Never get to just hug you again. Never get to hold onto you. Never see you smile that beautiful smile. I was taken away from you in such an evil way. Never forget me Frank. I will watch over you forever. See you love again and smile. Live your life Frank, don't sit around and grief over me, you know I wouldn't want that. Listen to our music and keep your faith. I love you, like I always have. xo'

He leaves it on the desk and runs out into the corridor of the Cartoon Network floor.

"Hello? Is everyone okay?" Gerard shouts down the corridor.
A man runs towards him with a little blood on his forehead.
"WE NEED TO GET OUT, BUT ALL THE EXITS ARE BLOCKED."
Sign up to rate and review this story