Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Homeless

Finale.

by davidthesquirrel 1 review

Gerard is offered a surprise.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-12-15 - Updated: 2012-12-16 - 841 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: This is the last chapter of the story. (Epilogue to come?) Sorry it's so short :P I feel pretty accomplished, writing this much, and I'll be starting a new story soon! Thank you all for reading, and enjoy!

Gerard answered the ringing telephone in the house. His ability to remember and relate to others had vastly improved, along with his health, even though he had to go for frequent check-ups and still took medication. He was trusted with Bandit now, and took care of her every day until he found a job.

“Hello?” he asked through the phone, not bothering to looks at the caller ID.

“Hi, Gerard? This is Jamia.”

“Oh, hey, Jay, what’s up? How’s Frank?”

“Oh, well, we were wondering about that. Can you come over for a while?”

“Oh, um… okay,” Gerard said, confused as to why they needed him.

“Alright, see you!” Jamia hung up, leaving Gerard perplexed. He automatically started to ready Bandit to drive to the Ieros. Why in the world would they need him? He would go anyway, to see what they needed. After all, he owed it to them and was obligated to do anything for them after saving his life with the money they had contributed for his operation. For a moment, Gerard was excited to see Mikey again, but remembered that Mikey had moved out to his own apartment not far from his. He had grown used to having Mikey practically being a part of Frank’s family, but was glad that he was finally able to have a life of his own.

Gerard pulled into Frank’s massive driveway and unbuckled Bandit out of her car seat. After a quick greeting from Frank and Jamia, and having Bandit taken by Jamia, he was ushered into the basement by Frank. In the huge studio-like room sat the rest of My Chemical Romance: Ray, the lead guitarist, Bob, the drummer, and surprisingly, Mikey.

“Hey, guys,” Gerard said, waving hello. He also had Ray and Bob to thank for chipping in for the surgery. They had visited a couple times in the hospital, concerned for their long time friend, as they were also original members of the band.

“Hey, Gee, we gotta talk to you about something,” Mikey said, standing up from the couch in the middle of the room.” Frank nodded, still unable to talk. Bob continued,

“Frank got tested, and he did get microsurgery to get the cyst out, but it seems like his voice it going to be permanently damaged from smoking.” Gerard gasped,

“What? But what does that mean for the band?”

“Well, that’s what we wanted to ask you,” Ray said, from his position on the couch.

“But what do I—“ Gerard cut himself off. He realized what they were referring to.

“Will you be our singer, Gerard?” Mikey broke the question. All four members were standing now, surrounding Gerard, waiting for his answer.

“But, the fans; they won’t be happy…” Gerard said. Frank quickly typed something into his phone and allowed the mechanical voice to say,

“The true fans will recognize you from the very beginning. Besides, if they don’t like you, it won’t matter. The point is, the band will still exist.”

“I don’t know…” Gerard mused to himself. Mikey persuaded,

“Gerard, right now, you’re the only one we could consider. We don’t know anyone else, and at least you had some history in the band before. Your voice, or so I’ve heard is amazing, and we’ve love to have you with us all of the time.” The room was silent for a few moments, until Gerard said,

“Admittedly, I do have all of your songs. I never stopped following the band, and I probably should have moved on, but I couldn’t stop living in the past. I really regretted ruining it for myself and how I could have had a much better life if had chosen a better path.”

“So does this mean you’ll do it?” Mikey asked. Gerard hesitated before his final answer.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this Frank?” he asked. Frank nodded, a little regretful that he would not be able to be the frontman any longer, but knowing that he had to move past it. It was his fault for not taking care of his voice, the one thing that was needed for his career, and would just have to accept that. Gerard sighed,

“Okay, I will.” Mikey jumped a little, unable to contain his excitement, a smile spread across his face, and leaped to embrace Gerard. Gerard let out a huff of air when Mikey landed on him, but found himself smiling just as wide. Hope was finally restored, and he had never been happier to accept the position was given. He wrapped his arms around his little brother and laughed loudly, his heart pounding as he finally reached the complete and utter joy he had been searching for his whole life.
Sign up to rate and review this story