The Heat Exchanger is a device spacepak sound attenuator constructed for effective transferring of heat energy from a single fluid to another across a solid surface. In a heat exchanger style both ...
Some other examples of heat exchanger are preheaters, intercoolers, boilers, condensers, and so forth. that are used in the power plants. They are also utilised in refrigeration, air conditioning, chemical processing and power production.
Distinct varieties of Heat Exchangers:
There are different varieties of heat exchangers. They can be classified according to its construction into the following types i.e. shell and tube heat exchanger and plate and frame heat exchanger.
- Shell and tube heat exchanger: This is a common heat exchanger. The shell and tube heat exchanger is consisting of a series of finned tubes by means of which one of the fluids runs and the other fluid which is to be heated or cooled runs over the finned tubes.
- Plate and frame heat exchanger: In a cut-to-fit hogs hair filter roll plate and frame heat exchanger, the fluids are separated by plates with a large surface area. Here the flow is directed through the baffles.
The heat exchangers classified according to its makes use of are recuperative variety, regenerative variety and evaporative variety.
- Recuperative type: In recuperative kind heat exchanger the heat from the fluids on either side of a dividing wall is exchanged.
- Regenerative sort: In regenerative variety heat exchanger the hot and cold fluids are allowed to occupy the identical space containing a matrix of material that operates alternatively as a sink or supply for heat flow.
- Evaporative variety: In evaporative type heat exchanger the fluid is evaporatively cooled in the very same space as coolant such as a cooling tower.
- The recuperative kind of heat exchanger once more can be developed according to one of the following varieties i.e. Parallel-flow, Counter-flow and Cross-flow.
- Parallel-flow heat exchanger: In this variety of heat exchanger both the fluids exchanges heat by flowing in the very same course through individual pipes.
- Counter-flow heat BuellAbraham148 - EUROS Wiki exchanger: In this type of heat exchanger the fluids exchanges heat by flowing in the opposite path by means of individual pipes.