Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Drowning Lessons

Baby Blue

by IndiaGirl 0 reviews

"But I don't want you to be in pain."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-12-22 - Updated: 2012-12-22 - 3719 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank woke up in the middle of the night, feeling something next to him. He looked to the side, and saw Gerard curled up next to him. Gerard was sleeping contently, his thumb turning his lighter on and off, which could be considered a safety hazard. Frank pried the lighter out of his hands, smiling softly. Gerard awoke a few hours later, feeling considerably better than he had the previous night. He searched blindly for his lighter, considering it was incredibly difficult to see in the cavern, even during day time. The lighter was in Frank's hand, as he slept peacefully, snoring very softly. Gerard sighed, climbing from the cavern clumsily, putting the blanket over Frank before he got out. He sat in the middle of the room, thinking. Frank smiled softly in his sleep, letting the lighter drop out of his hand.
Reynolds entered, peering softly at Gerard, with a little confusion.
"Good morning, Gerard - where's Frank?" She asked, softly. Gerard looked wildly around him for his sketchbook, but he had left it with Frank. He pointed behind the cabinet. Frank was sleeping quietly, cuddling the blanket. She pulled back the cupboard, surveying Frank quietly.
"Why is he in there?" She inquired. "You don't let anyone in there." Gerard around him frantically, for a piece of paper. He crawled forward to the cavern, trying to find his sketchbook, which Frank was inconveniently asleep on. Frank stayed asleep, as Gerard reached for his sketchbook, which was under his ass. Gerard tugged it out carefully to ensure he didn't wake him, before taking a pencil and turning around, returning to Reynolds.
"He's my boyfriend." He wrote. Frank stayed asleep, and he was always a heavy sleeper.
"Your boyfriend?" She asked, softly. "Do you love him, Gerard?" Gerard wrote pensively.
"He loves me. He says I described love to him, but I don't think I'll ever feel it properly." Frank awoke softly, sitting up, but staying quiet, as he saw, Gerard and Reynolds, in the main area of their room.
"Do you want to feel it properly?" She inquired. Gerard nodded gently, his hair flicking into his eyes, reminding him that he probably needed to get a haircut soonish. "Now, care to tell me why you won't speak, Gerard?" Frank pulled the blanket around him, yawning, pretending he was asleep. Gerard took another sheet of paper, tossing the previous notes aside.
"My mother pushed my brother down the stairs and now he refuses to speak - well, he barely can, the knock his brain took. He's like a three year old now." Gerard scrawled. "I won't speak until my brother does too."
"I see." Reynolds nodded, smiling a little proudly. "Would you like to visit your brother, Gerard?" Gerard nodded immediately, his eyes begging. "I can arrange that for you, if you want." Gerard nodded once again, glancing to Frank and seeing him smile in his sleep.
"When can we go?" He wrote.
"Maybe even today, if I can get it arranged, find which hospital he's at." Frank smiled softly, letting his head droop again, in a state of being incredibly relaxed. Gerard nodded as Reynolds left the room briskly. Gerard turned, curling up softly and lying down on the floor.

Gerard dressed himself, pulling an old hoodie around his shoulders and sitting patiently on the bed for Reynolds to come and pick him up. Frank laid in bed, reading a book, struggling without his glasses.
"I know where you're going, and I hope he's well." He smiled.
"Don't you want to come? You don't have to, if you don't want to." Gerard passed him a large printed note, looking at him hopefully.
"I'll come, if you want me to come," Frank smiled softly, hanging off the edge of the bunk bed, hanging upside down like a bat, looking at him. Gerard nodded, begging with his eyes.
"Of course," Frank smiled, climbing up onto his bed, getting changed into his normal jumpsuit, "Do we have to wear the jumpsuits everywhere? Because I have normal clothes."
"I don't." Gerard wrote, shrugging as Frank read it. "But then again, I never wear mine." Frank nodded, changing into his normal clothes, tight jeans, a Smashing Pumpkins shirt, and a hoodie.
"Do I look okay?" He asked. Gerard nodded softly, taking Frank's hand. They met Reynolds in the courtyard, who took them to her own car, risking quite a lot.
"Please don't snap and run away.. I shouldn't even be taking you out, Gerard." Gerard opened the car door for Frank, before going around to his own door and climbing in, eagerly. Frank smiled softly, shutting the door, putting his seatbelt on.
"I bought you this," He handed Gerard a notebook and pen. Gerard took it in his hands, opening it and writing.
"Thank you, Frank. I can draw lots of things now I have a pen." He smiled.
"No problem," He shrugged, leaning his head on Gerard's shoulder. Reynolds smiled and drove quietly to the hospital, which was large, and busy. She climbed from the car and let Gerard follow, who was suddenly very nervous. The building inside was very busy and particularly stressful. Frank followed behind, taking Gerard's hand, for comfort. Reynolds walked up to the counter, striding through the hell around her.
"Excuse me, would we be able to visit Mr Michael James Way? I called earlier.." Frank chewed his lip anxiously, gazing up at Gerard. The receptionist nodded.
"He's in the children's private unit, room 13." She said, pointing to the board which displayed a map, showing different signs to units. Reynolds followed them accordingly, finding the correct door. "You should go in first, Gerard." Frank nodded, reluctantly letting go of the older boys hand.

Gerard stepped in, feeling like his heart had been trodden on. Mikey was sat on the bed, playing with a toy that was too young for him and taking a great deal of pleasure from it. His body was bruised and his dark hair fell over his eyes. Gerard crept into the room carefully, making sure he didn't alarm Mikey. Mikey snapped his head up, grinning softly at Gerard. Mikey didn't say a word, neither did Gerard in return. He held out his arms and Gerard moved quickly over to him, cuddling him as if he were a baby. Mikey's current mentality sure felt that way.

Frank stood outside the door with Reynolds, whispering, "I know he says he can't love, but he wants to, is there any medication?" Reynolds looked at Frank with a whimsical, and loving gaze.
"Bless your soul, Frank. No, that's not really possible." She sighed, softly. Frank scratched the nape of his neck.
"I just want him to feel the same way about me, as I do about him." He shrugged.
"I'm sure he will, you just need to give him some time.. And keep wary," She added.
"I am, he's done nothing to me so far, honest. Except kiss me." Frank shrugged.
"I'm proud of him." She expressed, softly. "But I'm frightened for him, too."
"Elaborate?"
"I know, you don't believe me, and well, if you trust him then.. Then that's fine. But.. I'm frightened he'll hurt you, or he'll smoke himself to the point where he doesn't want to breathe in again."
"I'll keep an eye on him, and I'll look after myself, okay?" Frank smiled fondly, "Don't worry."
"I know, I know, he's just.. A very unpredictable person, and now with this mute thing - It's just gotten much worse, lately."
"I know," Frank nodded, "But, we'll be okay." He smiled. She acknowledged him and peered through the small glass window.
"We can go in soon." Mikey was sat on Gerard's lap, exchanging scrawled notes and playing with toys. Frank nodded, seeing Gerard through the window, smiling.
"Why aren't you speaking, Mikey?" Gerard wrote, letting Mikey read it. He could still read like a nine year old, but his attitude was very different.
"I don't want to," He scribbled back. Reynolds entered the room, cautiously. Frank stayed outside, not wanting to disturb anything.
"Hello Mikey," Reynolds smiled, sweetly. Mikey grinned back at her, holding a crayon loosely in his hands. Frank gazed through the window, smiling softly. Mikey scribbled something on his paper and passed it to Gerard, who read it and passed it to Reynolds.
"Is Frank going to come visit?" Frank sat in the waiting room of the children's ward, bored.
Reynolds turned and smiled.
"Would you like him to come see you, Mikey?" She asked. Mikey nodded, passing another note. "I want to see frank, he's pretty." Frank twiddled his thumbs, gazing at the Doctors and Nurses. Reynolds tapped Frank on the shoulder, dropping the note in his lip.
"Looks like someone wants to see you," She said, softly. Frank blushed, putting the note in his pocket, walking into Mikey's room. Mikey grinned as Frank entered, flicking his attention from his brother to Frank. He nodded, making grabbing motions with his tiny hands. Frank smiled, sitting next to Gerard, hugging Mikey softly.
"Aww, hello Mikey, it's nice to see you again." Mikey scribbled a note.
"You look very pretty Frank." He crawled back onto Gerard's knee and curled up, softly, pinching absently at Gerard's shirt for comfort. Frank smiled.
"Aw, and you look as adorable as always." He spoke softly, gazing at him, then up at his brother. Gerard smiled weakly, leaning his head on Mikey's, who was playing with some blocks in front of him.
"Do your bruises hurt?" He scribbled, worriedly. Frank sighed, gazing at Mikey, who looked content playing with little kids toys.
"no, they gave me some funny food and now i feel okay." Mikey scrawled, returning to his juvenile play things. Gerard sighed and tucked a hand into Frank's. Frank held his hand, protectively, pressing his lips to Gerard's ear, whispering.
"It will be okay, honest." He kissed his cheek, before sighing. Gerard nodded, Mikey crawling around them, planting toys on their laps and crawling off, searching for other ones.
"I don't like this.. It's like he's a baby.. It's odd." Gerard wrote, passing the note to Frank and looking at him sadly.
"Hopefully, he'll be back to normal soon." Frank spoke softly, sighing, resting his forehead against Gerard's. Gerard nodded, tearing up slightly as Mikey returned, surrounded by toys, snuggling in between the two older boys and leaning his head on Gerard's chest. Frank sighed, frowning slightly, sniffing, feeling a tear roll down his cheek as he gazed at the young boy. Mikey turned, looking up at the two boys and frowning at the tears. He reached forward clumsily, pushing the tear from Gerard's cheek, near poking him in the eye. He shook his head, starting to cry himself. Gerard sighed, pushing the heels of his hands into his eyes. This was not what he wanted - he never meant to.. Frank kissed Mikey's crown.
"No no, don't cry," He spoke softly, smiling faintly. Mikey mumbled, unsure if he would be able to speak. He reached his tiny hands out for Frank and Gerard, begging with his eyes.
"D-don' bessad," Mikey slurred, the fall rendering him at a loss of words. "Isttell lovve'youu." He continued, tightening the grip on Gerard's chest. Frank's heart sank, hearing Mikey talk. He turned to Gerard, wiping his cheeks with his sleeves.
"He's right, don't be sad." He whispered. Gerard squeezed his eyes shut, tugging Mikey towards him and holding him tightly. He'd missed the slightly squeaky tone of his voice, along with his bright grin, toothless in places.
"Mikey talked, you have to talk now." Frank smiled, stroking Mikey's hair, gazing up at Gerard. Gerard breathed softly, biting down on his lip. He shook his head, like he wasn't ready. Going out of a habit, was hard, just like that.
Frank nodded. "Okay, talk when you're ready." He smiled softly, placing a hand on Gerard's thigh. Gerard nodded, staring down at Mikey, who was now getting a little frustrated with his speech, and more frustrated that Gerard wasn't replying to him. Frank sighed, chewing his lip as he watched the younger boy, knowing how hard it must be for Gerard, to see his own brother like that.
"Frrnk?" Mikey asked, poking Frank softly in the chest and gazing up at him, with goggling eyes that were slightly too big for his face underneath his glasses.
"Yes Mikey?" Frank smiled, softly, gazing at the younger boy, who was utterly adorable.
"Whyywwon't G-Gee sppeak to me?" Mikey slurred, making an irritated noise every time he stuttered. "Issiit my f-f-fault?" Frank shook his head, picking Mikey up, placing the small boy on his lap.
"No no no, it's not your fault." Mikey sniffled.
"It-t-is." He put his fingers on Frank's leg to ensure he didn't fall. "D-did I d-do s-s-something?" Frank shook his head, keeping Mikey close, gazing at Gerard, unsure of what to say. Gerard gazed sadly, upset that he had made his little brother cry and infuriated that he couldn't make the words come out to explain it and to comfort him.
"He just doesn't feel much like talking, that's all." Frank smiled, kissing Mikey's temple, pushing his glasses, gently on his face.
"Iss-he po-oorly?" Mikey asked, sweetly. "I ccan l-look af-fter him-m!" Frank giggled softly, looking up, seeing Gerard smile.
"Aww," He cooed. Gerard sat quietly, waiting for Mikey to return to him. He didn't make it too obvious that he wanted him back, but he thought Frank had probably already figured it out; he was pretty intuitive. Mikey crawled across Frank's lap, sitting on Gerard's and smiling softly.
"I'm tired," Frank yawned, putting a hand over his mouth. Gerard took a piece of paper from the notebook.
"We can go home soon. I just need a few more minutes." He scribbled, returning his attention to dabbing Mikey's nose. He sat with his tiny hands poking at Gerard's stomach, his feet kicking childishly around Gerard's sides.
"Take as much time as you need, honest." Frank smiled softly, gazing at them both. Gerard nodded softly and lent his head against Mikey's one more time, squeezing his arms softly. Gerard tickled his chest softly and Mikey giggled, like a child, evoking some sort of heart movement on Gerard's part. He gazed at him, sadly, frowning and grinning widely simultaneously. Frank smiled, giggling softly.
"Aww, you're so cute," He gazed at Mikey, cooing. Gerard picked Mikey up and laid him down in the bed, sitting beside him for a moment. He kissed his temple softly and lent his forehead on Mikey's. "I love you." He said, very quietly, so quiet he was unsure Mikey had caught on. Frank smiled, standing up, lingering by the door way. Mikey grinned softly, reaching up and planting a tiny kiss on Gerard's nose.
"Illoveeyoutoo!" Mikey said enthusiastically, his words sliding onto one another. Gerard stroked his hair down fondly and stood back up, walking backwards to the door, waving to Mikey sadly as he went. Mikey seemed unbothered - he was surrounded by toys and fun things to play with, and here, he knew he was safe. Frank opened the door for Gerard, sighing softly.
"I know it's hard to go." He whispered. Gerard nodded softly, clasping Frank's fingers in his own hands and holding them against him. They walked together around the corner, Reynolds stood talking to a nearby, particularly attractive children's Doctor.
"Reynolds is flirting." Frank whispered, giggling.
"Maybe she'll get remarried. I hope so. She deserves it." Gerard scribbled, passing the piece of paper to Frank.
"Remarried?" Frank gazed up at Gerard, confused.
"Her husband died, when I was about 15. He had cancer. He was a nice guy, was really lovely to me, brought me paints and things. He didn't deserve to go." Frank sighed.
"Aw, that's unfortunate." He frowned.
"She moved on. She's very good at that. She says she has to deal with death a lot, I assumed maybe she was a Doctor or something?"
"Probably, you never know," Frank shrugged, smiling softly. He thought he knew the real reason but from past experience, he shouldn't share it with Gerard. "Could I ask, why you're not talking?" He asked quietly.
"It really hurts."
"Why?"
"I think my throat er, dried up or something. I don't know, I'm not a Doctor."
"Drink something?" Frank suggested, smiling.
"I will, soon. I still don't really want to talk.. I know it's silly, but being silent gives me more chance to consider what I want to say to people, and I can think a bit more. You know." Frank nodded, smiling softly.
"I understand, and it is very clever actually, but I miss your voice, but I'll live." He blushed lightly. Gerard smiled, and kept a tight hold on Frank, waiting for Reynolds to finish talking. She smiled, pushing a piece of paper into the hands of a scarlet cheeked Doctor and turned, beaming gently to herself. Frank laughed softly.
"Reynolds! I can't believe you sometimes!" He smiled.
"What, he was cute," She protested, smiling shyly. Her demeanour turned gentle as she switched to facing Gerard. "How's your brother, Gerard? You feeling okay?" Frank giggled, smiling softly, leaning his head against Gerard's upper arm, as he and Reynolds talked. Gerard nodded, softly.
"He's okay. He's like a baby, the way he speaks and the way he acts, playing with blocks and teddies - but he can still read and write, so that's good. He's bruised and in pain but he's happy, and he's talking again. For now, anyway." Gerard wrote, quickly. Frank sighed softly, knowing how hard it must be for Gerard.
"He should be recovering soon enough. I asked the lovely Doctor." Reynolds replied, walking Gerard and Frank from the building. She opened the car doors for them, then stepping into the front seat. "I hope this was everything you wanted from today, Gerard." Frank got into the car, pulling the seatbelt on, yawning again and hearing his stomach rumble loudly. Gerard nodded to her in response, tucking up his knees and resting his head on Frank's shoulder. Frank kissed the Gerard's crown, laying his head gently on top of the other boy's.

Frank walked into the mental hospital, beside Gerard, Reynolds leading in front. He placed his hands on his stomach.
"Ouch," He mumbled. Gerard elbowed Frank softly, asking him with his eyes what the matter was.
"My stomach hurts," Frank shrugged, sighing. Gerard persisted, elbowing him again to ask why.
"I haven't eaten in....Six and a half days." Frank spoke softly, ashamed.
"Maybe you should," Gerard wrote, taking Frank's hand. "Do what I do. Have a tiny bit of food every day." Frank nodded.
"Okay, I'll try, but what do you eat normally?" He asked, softly, walking into their room. Gerard smiled whimsically, throwing himself down under neath the bed and wriggling back out with a box. He opened it, and inside, was at least, ten packets of Worther's Originals. Frank was bemused, to say the least.
"You just eat sweets?" Frank asked softly, giggling. Gerard nodded, smiling. He took a packet and held it in his hands, taking out a marker pen.
"To Frank, have a few a day and you'll be fine. Smoke a bit too. Love, Gerard." He wrote, tossing the packet onto Frank's bed. Frank smiled, nodding.
"Thank you, Gerard." He giggled softly, gesturing for Gerard to come closer. Gerard stepped over to him, confused, his hands hanging loosely by his sides. Frank lifted himself onto his tiptoes, wrapping his arms around Gerard's neck, hugging him. Gerard, surprised, hugged him back tightly, lifting him up ever so slightly away from the ground. Frank giggled softly, pressing his face into Gerard's neck, feeling comfortable.
"I'mmssorry f-for sc-carin'yoou." Gerard mumbled, shutting his eyes.
"Don't be," Frank closed his eyes, kissing Gerard's neck, just hugging him close, enjoying the moment.
"I din't mmean to," Gerard persisted, wondering if the elongated hug meant Frank was upset. It had all the other times. Frank placed himself back on the ground, looking up slightly at Gerard, shaking his head.
"I never thought you did." He smiled softly, cupping Gerard's cheeks.
"Oo-kay." Gerard replied, kneeling in front of him, bowing his head ever so slightly. He did miss his voice but the sound of it croaking and breaking like it did just worried him.
"Why are you kneeling?" Frank asked softly, reaching into his bag, grabbing a packet of cigarettes.
"S-sit with me?" Frank nodded, sitting next to him, holding out the packet of cigarettes.
"Do you want one?"
"No th-thaanks." Gerard replied, putting his hands into Frank's spare. Frank nodded, lacing his fingers with Gerard's, putting the packet next to him.
"You don't have to speak, if you don't want to." He smiled softly.
"I w-wannt to i-it j-just h-hurts."
"Then don't, and go back to writing, if it hurts." Frank smiled.
"B-but I w-want to speeak to you," Gerard pushed, pulling Frank suddenly onto his knee. Frank smiled.
"Thank you," He blushed. "But I don't want you to be in pain," He rested his forehead against Gerard's, fiddling with his straggling curls.
"It'ss n-not th-that bad," Gerard hushed, pushing his arms around Frank and breathing in deeply. Frank pressed a kiss to his nose, smiling softly, blushing. Gerard paused, before taking the first move this time and pressing his lips up against Frank's, holding him gently to ensure he didn't hurt him. Frank kissed him softly, running a hand through Gerard's hair. Gerard put his hands supportively on Frank's back, keeping him steady, unsure of how to kiss any further. Frank kissed down Gerard's neck, nibbling, sucking softly on one spot. Gerard breathed in sharply; he'd never really properly encountered someone touching anything further than his head before and especially not with their /mouths/. He moved his neck back a little, supposing that was what he was supposed to do without hurting himself. Frank's mouth popped off, leaving a small mark. He sat back up, gazing into Gerard's eyes.
"I left a mark," He giggled. Gerard smiled softly, despite this never happening to him before, as far as he could remember. He tugged Frank into another hug without saying a word, breathlessly. Frank pressed his face into Gerard's neck, hugging him close, whispering.
"You give the best hugs." He smiled.
"Th-that's b-bec-cause you're sm-maller th-than me."
Sign up to rate and review this story