Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The World Is Ours

Chapter Fifty Five - Phone Calls

by McrmyBVBparawhore 2 reviews

When the beeping stopped, it was replaced by David's unmistakeable voice. "Grace? Is that you?" It was too late for her to hang up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-12-29 - Updated: 2012-12-29 - 2906 words

0Unrated
A/N Heyo! So I think this chapter's more exciting . . . it's kind of important, so hopefully you'll find it exciting and enjoyable to read. I hope you all had a fucking great Christmas, I got some really cool shit that I'm more than happy with and I hope you guys got lots of cool shit too ;) Thankies to Chemical_30 and YoshikiHide182 for reviewing, I really appreciate it! If you can, please review, I love seeing what you all think so far! Sorry for any mistakes or typos. Enjoy ;)


Chapter Fifty Five - Phone Calls


Just as Curse had suspected, they were all leaving pretty much straight away. They never liked to waste too much time whenever they went on another one of their missions to try and find Silk.
Curse saw that Acid was happily playing with Bandit. They were both giggling and clearly having fun together. He was gonna miss seeing that.
"Uncle Curse, come play with me and mommy!" She laughed.
He smiled at her giggles and walked over to both the small child and her mother.
"Hey." Acid said, smiling while wrapping an arm around his shoulders.
"Hey." He pulled her a little closer to him, then released her. "I have something important to tell you." He said to her.
She looked at him, wearily and wondering if something bad had happened.
"Why, has something bad happened?"
"No . . . well, yeah, but it's not particularly life threatening or anything like that."
"What's happened?"
"They've found another lead as to what happened to Silk."
She immidately understood. "You're leaving again." She stated.
"I really really don't want to, Ace, but I have to. They're my familiy."
"You don't have to explain. I understand completely, they're your family, you love them and you want to protect them and make she they don't get hurt. I just want you to promise me that you'll just try and not get get hurt or do anything stupid."
"I promise. I'll try not to get hurt and do stupid shit."
She hugged him, the hole in her chest was beginning to bloom because of his soon-to-be absence.
"Fuck, I'm gonna miss you."
He held her tighter. "Believe me, not as much as I'm gonna miss you."
"Wanna bet?"
He smiled and kissed her forehead. "If we did, I'd be the winner."
"Whatever helps you sleep at night."


Violet was on the verge of tears the day she had to leave Ghoul. Why did it have to happen then? She was finally happy! It just wasn't fair to her. She'd had her fair share of idiots and she wanted to be with someone like Ghoul for once who wasn't a selfish, arrogant asshole and who didn't think with his dick.
Ghoul held on to her tightly while she snuggled into his chest.
"You'll be back soon." He tried to comfort her.
"It's not gonna feel that way though, is it?"
He shook his head. "Probably not, no."
"I'm really gonna fucking miss you."
"I know. I'm gonna miss you so much. Promise you'll come back?"
"I promise, I'll come back whether they want me to or not. I know Curse is coming back for Acid, so I know I won't be the only one."
"That it's good. You'll have at least one person with you when you come back." He kissed her forehead.
"I think they'll all come back with Curse and I. They wouldn't just leave us like that."
"I hope they don't. I don't want you to have to chose between the diner and your family."
"They wouldn't force me to do that, so don't worry about it. They're not assholes."
He just kissed her forehead again, his lips softly making contact with her forehead.
"I know they aren't. I just wouldn't want you to forced to make a choice like that. It wouldn't be fair to you."
She just snuggled into his chest even more. "I'll miss this."
He chuckled. "I'll miss this too. It's nice being with someone again. I guess I was just caught up on heartbreak I forgot how nice it actually was to do simple shit like cuddle."
She laughed. "We'll be doing a whole fucking lot of cuddling when I get back, I promise you that."
"I already can't wait for it."
She just smiled and held him tight for a little while longer, not ever wanting to let go of him.


Grace had become consumed about finding more about her mother and her real father ever since she'd read the note. It was pretty much all she seemed to do and Poison and Dr. Death were beginning to get worried about her. They understood she wanted to know more about her parents, but she never did anything else. She kept to herself and only talked to people when she had to, that included her family at the diner.
Poison couldn't hep but wonder why she had a sudden fascination and obsession with finding out more about them both. Ever since she'd returned from Battery City, her obsession had suddenly bloomed. He wanted to know what'd happened to her that triggered the sudden obsession.
Grace was cooped up in her extremely small room, staring at the curved phone with her birth father's number inside.
All she had to do was pick up the phone, find his number and press that little green button. It was that easy.
She knew he had to know more about her mother and the kind of life she had. She just wanted to know more and he knew it all. She wanted so badly to pick up the phone, but it was wrong. He was a killer, he worked for Better Living. He was one of their best workers there, it could've all been a trap. But then again, he let her go when he could've so easily killed her right then and there. Her life was in his hands and he didn't crush it. He let her live. She didn't understand why he'd do that unless he had a reason to. It looked like she actually was his daughter, so there was his reason to let her live.
The thoughts were starting to become unbarable, they wouldn't let her sleep. She'd not closed her eyes and let herself wander off into her little dream land for at least three days. That was another reason why she was tempted to call him, if she found out more she could finally sleep.
She picked up the phone and stared at the numbers for a while. They were begging, pleading her to call him. She almost threw the phone across the room, but she knew it'd destroy her only contact to her father, the man who knew more about her mother.
She'd tried talking to Dr. Death about it, but he just told her what she already knew. With David, he might've known things about her mother that Dr. Death didn't know. He could tell her everything if she wanted to hear it. All she had to do was press that little green button that was staring at her.
While her mind battled whether or not to call him, her thumb took control and pressed it.
Her shaking hand held the phone to her ear as she heard each beep. The beeping told her she still had a choice. She still had the chance to hang up, it could've been so easy for her to that, but her body and mind wouldn't let her.
When the beeping stopped, it was replaced by David's unmistakeable voice.
"Grace? Is that you?" It was too late for her to hang up.
"I don't know why I'm calling you." She lied.
"You don't have to."
There was an awkward pause before she spoke again.
"I want to know more."
"You are going to have to be more specific, Grace. What do you want to know more about?"
"My mom, who she was, what she was like . . . I wanna know stuff like that."
"You do?"
"Yeah, I do."
"Have you told anyone else that I am your father?"
Even though he couldn't see her, she shook her head. "No. No one else even knows I met you while I was at Better Living. I'm the only one. If I told my da- I mean Poison," she almost called Poison her father, but she quickly corrected herself. "he'd just tell me you were lying to try and get information out of me somehow. They'd all tell me that and I know you're my biological father now."
"How do you know? I thought you said that I was lying to you about it."
"I thought you were, but I looked through some of my mom's stuff. Before she died, she wrote me a note. She mentioned some things about you and told me that my father's name was David Lufrini. She told me other things to."
"Like what?"
"Like how your family tried to bribe her into having an abortion and to keep quite about the whole situation."
He sighed a little. "She was so angry when that happened, not that I blame her. I was angry too and could not believe they asked her to do that."
"Why were you angry? I thought you would've wanted her to have an abortion."
"Why on earth would you think that?"
She shrugged. "I don't know, it seemed like the easier, less complicated thing to do than actually have a child."
"Grace, your mother had taken me to an ultrasound before I told my family about the fact she was pregnant. By that point, I had already seen you, I had heard your heartbeat and I smiled because of it. You were already a little life to me by that point, it felt wrong to both myself and your mother to kill that little life growing inside her, to kill that heartbeat. That is why I was angry."
"So let me get this straight, you thought it was okay to just leave me and my mom to fend for ourselves, yet it wasn't okay for her to just get rid of me?"
"That was different. Even if I was not there, you would have still been alive, you would have still lived. Ending your life when it had not even begun was wrong to us. We did not have the right to end your life when your heart was already beating."
She was on the verge of tears and she knew the lack of sleep that she'd had wasn't helping her one little bit.
"Grace? Are you okay?"
She sniffed and harshly whipped away any tears that had settled on her cheeks. "I'm fuckin' peachy."
He laughed slightly.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing, it just looks like you have inherited your mother's," he tried to think of the right word. "colourful language."
She almost smiled. Her mom used curse words like there was no tomorrow, she remembered that from when she was just a child.
"There's more I wanna talk to you about. She said you told her to stay clear of the area in 2012. Did you know what was gonna happen? Did you know about the bombs?"
He paused. "My father told me a great change was going to happen for the better, but he also told me that many would suffer and even die for it. He said it was some kind of sacrifice for the new world. I hired a private investigator to find you and your mother. You were a few cities away from what would become Battery City, but I wanted to warn you incase what happened would affect you two aswell."
"Why didn't you stop it? You knew people would die, but you just let it happen."
"Because I knew the kind of power that was behind this plan. If I tried to get in the way of that plan, I knew they wouldn't hesitate to kill me. My sister was clueless as to what would happen because my parents knew that she would try to stop it, that was her nature. She was one of the first to be put on the Better Living pills so she wouldn't fight against what was going to happen."
"What happened to her?"
"She wanted to work in a medical profession, even before the bombs, so she became a doctor. A few years later, she stopped taking the pills and realized what was happening. She left a note, ran away and became a Killjoy."
Grace laughed slightly. "Sounds like I would've liked her."
"Yes, you probably would have."
"Is she still alive?"
"I do not know. I have not heard from her since she left that note explaining she was going to the Zones to become a Killjoy. She may be alive, she may be dead."
"You sound like you don't care."
"A part of me doesn't. She left her whole family behind, Grace."
"You're really not one to talk about leaving family behind, David, when you left me and mom behind."
"You are right . . . I should not have said that Grace, I apologize."
"Whatever, it's not like it matters."
"Why is that?"
"Saying your sorry doesn't take anything back, there's no point in saying sorry when it doesn't make a difference to anything. You still left me and my mom and you still said that comment."
"I am sorry you feel that way. Do you have any more questions for me, Grace?"
"Just one. Your life, what's it like now? Do you enjoy your life? Do you not mind killing people for a living?"
"I do not kill people for a living, I just do my job and if I have to kill when it is absolutely necessary, I do. Anyway, aside from occassionally killing people, I quite like my life, Grace. I have made a good life in Battery City, I have a good paying job, food on the table for my family, I have a beautiful wife, two smart sons, a-"
"You have other kids?"
He smiled. "Yes, I do. My eldest son, George, is eight years of age and my yongest son, Steven, is five years old."
She didn't know what to think after suddenly being told that she had two younger brothers. She'd never even considered the idea that David would have other children or that he'd even be married to someone else.
After she'd been quiet for a while, he didn't know if she'd hung up on him.
"Grace? Are you still there?"
"Yeah . . . I just don't know what to say to that . . . after mom died, I didn't think I'd ever have a brother or sister and now I'm being told I have two."
"That is okay. You do not have to speak right away."
"So . . . you're married too, right? What's she like?" She almost spat the word. David had the love of her mother, even though he didn't deserve it, yet he'd turned it away and moved on to a different bitch.
"She's lovely. Her name is Audrey, we got married when I was twenty years old. She used to work for Better Living Industries, but she gave up her job once she found out she was having our first son."
"Why did she give her job just because she got pregnant?"
"Most women in Battery City chose to do that once they find out they are havng a child."
"Isn't that a little sexist?"
"They are not forced to, it is an option for them however, people do encourage it."
"Why the fuck would they do that?"
"Because most people in Battery City believe that the child should be cared and looked after by their mother instead of a carer. Most women chose to give up their job because of that."
She huffed. "So your wife did that?"
"Yes, she did. You do not approve, do you?"
"I don't think people should fucking encourage it. If someone wants to be a housewife and stay at home with their kids, that's fine but it should be because they want to do that. Not because people think it's the right thing to do."
"Your mother probably would've said the same thing."
"Yeah, I know she would've."
"Grace, dinner's almost ready. We're gonna- wait, what're you doing?" Poison said, walking into her room.
She quickly hung up and put it down as if she hadn't been doing anything in the first place.
"N-nothing."
"You had something in your hand and you were talking into it. Was that a phone?"
"No, Poison, it's nothing. Just forget about it."
"When did you find it? More importantly, who the fuck were you even talking to?"
"I was't calling anyone! Will you please just let it go?"
She pushed past him and walked into the living room, trying to forget about the fact she had two brothers back in Battery City.
Poison eyed his eldest daughter wearily. He knew it was a phone she had, he wasn't that stupid. The question he cared about the most was who she was talking to in the first place. The only way they got a phone was because they knew someone who killed an exterminator with a phone on them a few years ago. He didn't know who the fuck she was talking to, but he fully intended on finding out. He needed to make sure that she was okay and safe. He just wished that she'd see that.
Sign up to rate and review this story