Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Well, it rains and it pours

3

by evil 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-01-01 - Updated: 2013-01-01 - 720 words

2Exciting
"Gerard, where were you!” A boy with messy brown hair yelled out as he saw another boy approach the from the distance. The approaching boy wore a dirty T-shirt with ripped, faded skinny jeans. His untamed hair flew about in the wind but miraculously stayed in the same messy style.
“No where, you worry to much,” Gerard muttered back as he dropped to sit beside the other.
“Well I’m sorry for worrying if my brother had been picked up by the police for nicking things,” The younger boy said, then after a moments quiet he chuckled.
“Mikey, we haven’t got a choice! You want to eat right?” Gerard questioned.
“Yeah-”
“Eating costs money, yes?” Gerard continued.
“Yes, but that doesn’t mean I’m okay with you stealing money from people.”
“What other choice do we have Mikes?” Gerard replied. “None. We have no other choice.”
“I’m looking for a job, Gerard. But no one employs a homeless school dropout.” Mikey said. “Anyway, you told me you’d be back by one, it’s almost three now.”
“You could have gone to sleep,” Gerard groaned back, knowing that he was about to get lectured.
Surprisingly, no lecture followed. Mikey just whispered out, “I was worried.”
They both sat on the wet concrete floor in silence. Mikey watched as Gerard fiddled with the fabric of his T-shirt and shivered dramatically. Mikey met Gerard’s eyes and wordlessly unzipped the thin jacket he was wearing and passed it over to his freezing brother.
“No chance Mikes!” Gerard laughed. His tone then dropped as he became serious. “I’d much rather you have a jacket than me. Stop worrying about me all the time, I’m supposed to be the big brother, not you.”
Gerard then glared and folded his arms over his chest imitating a little child. Mikey suppressed laughter at the sight of him and held out his jacket dropping it in Gerard’s lap. Gerard, sensing he was losing this battle, wrapped the jacket around himself.
“Now you’re cold,” he reasoned.
“A bit,” Mikey shrugged of the chill in the air and tried not to show his shivering, knowing Gerard wouldn’t take the extra warmth of the jacket if he thought Mikey really needed it. “But no where near as cold as you.”
Gerard accepted that and snuggled into the warmth. A hot sensation filled him as he relaxed and rested his head against the brick wall behind him, holding the jacket tightly in his grip almost as if he was scared someone would take it away. He wrapped it even more securely around himself, if it were even possible, resembling a caterpillar in a cocoon. He tried to drift off the sleep but found it hard as he could feel Mikey’s shivers next to him. His body eventually succumbed to sleep but that paradise didn’t last long as he woke up to the sound of teeth chattering beside him. Mikey was sitting wide awake and when he noticed Gerard was no longer sleeping he tried to control his shivering but to no avail. Gerard took off the jacket, passing it back to Mikey who just excepted it asking no questions. A few moments silence lingered.
“So, how much cash did you get?” Mikey asked whilst looking down and fiddling with his fingers.
“Not much, I reckon that guy was broke. Ten bucks and some change in his wallet,” Gerard answered.
“Sounds like enough for a cup of coffee,” Mikey said brightfully as he stood up from the street pavement and held out his hand for Gerard.
Gerard took it and allowed his brother to pull him up before they both started walking up the street.
“What time is it?” Gerard asked.
Mikey stopped walking and looked down at his battered watch. “Half four… There’s a twenty-four hour diner about ten minutes away, we can go there. Really overpriced place but nothing else will be open this early.”
Gerard began to cross the road that separated the end of the street from the area which contained the shops. He stopped suddenly as he heard a piercing scream from Mikey.
Gerard, within the space of a few milliseconds, saw the white glow of car headlights directly in front of his face. Then nothing.
Sign up to rate and review this story