Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Some Nights

by XxLiveyourlifExX 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-12 - Updated: 2013-01-13 - 1416 words

1Exciting
Dear reader, Upfront warning, I blatantly steal in this chapter. I promise I don't claim the song as my own. K? Great.

Some Nights

She had expected-well she didn’t know what she expected of this performance. She knew she was playing a bar, so maybe a few bar rats using her set as background noise to their typical Thursday evening. Braelyn had never expected this.

When they drove past the front of the ‘bar’ on their way to the back entrance, Braelyn was surprised to see a line up the street and her name in the bright lights of the the bar’s marquee. So really, she deduced this bar was some sort of popular nightclub. Ok. A few more people to sing to, no big deal. But then she got a peek at the empty venue during her sound check. It was just a normal bar. Pretty similar to the Rover, actually, just with a stage and curtains and a REAL backstage. It definitely didn’t look like a trendy club where people came to be seen. It slowly dawned on her that it was a place for her to be seen. All those people out there were there to see her and listen to her play. A feeling swept over her like the one she got when Riley recognized her in a restaurant and asked for her autograph.

Surreal.

“You ok, sugar.” Gerard had come to stand next to her, sliding a friendly arm around her waist.
“Ya.” Braelyn smiled brilliantly. “It’s gonna be a great show.”

“I know it will be,” he replied.

They walked back to the green room together where Mikey, Topher, and Riley were waiting. Braelyn reclined on the couch, her head in Mikey’s lap. He automatically weaved her hair around his fingers. Mikey said, “Addi texted me. She wants you to play White Lie tonight. I’m supposed to record it and send it to her.”

Topher frowned, slightly. “Braelyn’s got a set list...You know how this works, Mikey. She’s gotta sing the stuff she’s recording to promote the album. White Lie isn’t on that list...” He trailed off, almost guitily.

“I can’t play it?” Braelyn asked, alarmed. “But...but...” She was starting to get upset. White Lie wasn’t really hers. It was Will’s. And while she had stopped playing it for a long time because it hurt too much, it had become part of her set while she was on tour. It reminded her of home. Now she couldn’t imagine not playing it at every show.

This was all happening in Braelyn’s head, but Mikey could feel her tense up and Gerard saw the almost terror on the girl’s face. Gerard said, “Topher’s right. This is a publicity show to amp up excitement for your debut, but,” he turned to Topher, “The song’s obviously important to her, so maybe she could play it for her encore.”

Despite her panic, Braelyn snorted. “I won’t get an encore. This isn’t Dallas.”

“I don’t know, sugar,” Gerard replied. “That line was long and you’re the only thing happening in this club tonight, so I’d say they’re all pretty damn excited to see you. I bet you get one.”

“Braelyn can play it for an encore,” Topher said. “That’s probably the best place for it anyway. And I agree with Gerard. You’re definitely getting one tonight.”

Her anxiety vanished and that feeling of pride returned. In the next half an hour the club filled up, Braelyn hydrated, thanks to Riley, and she warmed up.

Then it was time to go on stage. She hugged Topher, Riley, and Gerard and gave Mikey a kiss before heading out. The crowd roared, Braelyn blushed. She hushed them as she sat on her stool in her black cigarette pants and white sequined top. She hooked the heel of her right red peep toe on the second rung of the stool and settled her guitar and its strap around her shoulder, pausing momentarily to pull her hair out from under it. Then she spoke into the mic.

“I really thought there was gonna be like ten people here.” The crowd cheered. “I am pleasantly surprised.” Someone shouted that they loved her. “Well, that escalated quickly, I mean I don’t even know you, mysterious fan in the back.” The audience laughed. “But I suppose that I also love you. Alas I think this is the end of our love affair however, because, well, I have a boyfriend,” she blew a kiss to Mikey off stage, “And I’m sure these other lovely people would like to here some music.”

She started the set list that had been written by someone at the record company with Topher overseeing them. It was pretty good. Some of her old stuff was going on the album, so she got to play Saved the Best for Last, More Than You Know, and Favorite Kind of Pain. She ended with her new favorite song, one she had written when she spent that whole week awake in the middle of tour.

Well I woke up to the sound of silence
The cars were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the fourth of July

You swore and said
We are not
We are not shining stars
This I know
I never said we are

Though I’ve never been through hell like that
I’ve closed enough windows
To know you can never look back

If you’re lost and alone
Or you’re sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

So I met up with some friends
At the edge of the night
At a bar of 75
And we talked and talked
About how our parents will die
All of our neighbors and wives

But I like to think
I can cheat it all
To make up for the times I’ve been cheated on
And it’s nice to know
When I was left for dead
I was found and now I don’t roam these streets
I am not the ghost you want of me

If you’re lost and alone
Or you’re sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Woah
My head is on fire
But my legs are fine
Cause after all they are mine
Lay your clothes down on the floor
Close the door
Hold the phone
Show me how
No one’s ever gonna stop us now

Cause we are
We are shining stars
We are invincible
We are who we are
On our darkest day
When we’re miles away
So we’ll come
We will find our way home

If you’re lost and alone
Or you’re sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

The crowed cheered as she walked off stage, and as Gerard and Topher predicted, they chanted her name for an encore. Mikey sent Riley into the crowd with his phone to video Braelyn.

Braelyn walked back out, “I feel so loved.” She giggled. “Well, let me treat you to one more song. This one won’t be on the album and I didn’t write it.” The crowd hushed, listening. “My brother Will did. This is the song that kinda started it all for me. So I’m going to let you guys hear it. Ready?” The noise the crowd made was so loud, Braelyn had to smile. Then she launched into the song.

A/N: I know stealing is wrong, but I just love the idea that Braelyn would write Carry On (It's by Fun. so you know, I don't own it and stuff, just borrowing) I feel like that's what she's always doing, no matter what shitty things happen to her, she always carries on. Ok. Ya. I hope you like this chapter. I wanted to write another show. Shout out to miss Abbie. Thanks for the review babe. This note is getting long. Going now. Now that you've finished reading all my ramblings, you should review. Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story