Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sticking It Out

Four

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-01-13 - Updated: 2013-01-13 - 1180 words - Complete

0Unrated
Saturday Morning
Frank

“Why are you doing this?”

Bert looked at me, “Doing what?” He tossed a clean shirt and pair of jeans onto the bed.

“This.” I gestured around the room. As soon as he brought me into his apartment last night, he took me into this bedroom. I was sure he was going to violate me, like he did in the back of his car all those years ago. But instead he pushed me in, and closed the door, leaving me alone. I didn’t see him again until just now. He brought me a change of clothes and some toast.

He crossed his arms over his chest, “What?” He shook his head. “I don’t know what you’ve heard, or what you’ve been told, but I’m not all bad.” He frowned, looking down at the ground, “At least, I try not to be.”

Without another word, he turned and left me alone once again. I really didn’t understand any of this. The last time I had an encounter with Bert, it wasn’t nearly this pleasant. He was probably just trying to gain my trust, and then... What? What was his plan?

This obviously wasn’t about me. It had to have something to do with Gerard. I should have known Bert wouldn’t be able to leave him alone, even after everything.

The clothes he brought me were still lying on the edge of the bed. I debated changing into them, and then decided not to. I would rather keep on my own clothes. Across the room from the bed was a table and chair. He’d brought me some toast and a glass of water.

I hadn’t eaten anything since late last night, and I was growing hungry. But I refused to eat anything he gave me. I’d rather starve. Instead, I stood up from the bed and grabbed the glass of water from the table. It didn’t take long for me to drink the whole thing.

I regretted it instantly. I had to pee. That was the only thing this room didn’t have. A bathroom. What did he expect me to do, pee on the floor? Unless...

No, that was crazy. Why would he leave the door unlocked. I was his prisoner here. Still, I grabbed the doorknob and turned it. I couldn’t believe my eyes when it swung open. Grabbing the doorframe, I peeked around the corner. I was in a bedroom right off the living room. The TV was on, but no one was there.

To my left was another door, partially open. I could see in just enough to tell it was a bathroom. Thank God. Before I could change my mind I bolted into the other room. I didn’t even bother turning on the lights. There was a small window that let in just the right amount of light for me to see.

As soon as I was done, I headed out of the bathroom, not even thinking twice about making sure no one was around. I was almost into the bedroom when I felt hands on my shoulders.

Bert turned me around. “I was wondering when you would decide to venture out.” He gestured around the room. “Welcome to my humble abode.”

“You’re not keeping me locked up.” Every second I spent here, things just got weirder and weirder.

“Of course not. You’re free to come and go as you please.” He walked away from, towards one of the couches. He sat down, patting the space beside him. “I want to talk to you, Frank. It’s been a long time.”

Hesitantly, I made my way over to where he was sitting. I sat down as far away from his as I possibly could. “What could you possibly want to talk to me about?”

“How are things with Gerard?” His voice was light and friendly, but I could tell he was trying to hide how he really felt. This whole thing about being nice to me was probably killing him. He’d much rather kill me, and then have Gerard all to himself. Unfortunately for him, even if he did kill me, Gerard would still never go back to him.

“Things are fine.”

He met my eyes, “Just fine?”

“We have our problems just like everyone else. We’re not perfect.” I hated saying it, and I don’t know why I did. I just couldn’t keep my mouth closed.

“Oh.” That was all he said for a long time. He glanced down at my hands, “I see you two are married now.” I thought I heard some panic in his voice for a second, but I was probably wrong. “Where was the honeymoon?”

“We--” didn’t have one. That’s what I was going to say. Because it was true. We had huge plans to go to Europe for a month and just see the sights, but then Gerard got promoted, and he had to stay here and work. In the end it was better that way. We needed the money.

He nodded, “I see...”

“What are you doing, Bert? What’s the plan?” I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to know.

He shook his head, and put his hand on my thigh. I cringed away from his touch. “All in good time. Be patient.” After a long time of silence, he stood up. His hands in his jeans pockets he looked down at me, meeting my eyes. “I’m not going to hurt you, if that’s what you’re afraid of.” He shook his head, averting his gaze to the front door. “I know I hurt you before, and I--” I heard him sigh, and he closed his eyes. “I want to say I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done what I did. I was angry and--”

I shook my head, “No. Just stop. I don’t want your lies.” I shot up off the couch and put my face in his, “Because we both know you’re not sorry.” I shoved him as hard as I could before walking back into the little bedroom, slamming the door behind me. I collapsed on the bed, burying my head in the pillow.

I was crying again. But this time I wasn’t sure why. I didn’t know if it was because I wanted Gerard, or if it was because I almost believed Bert.

A//N: About Chapter One, I have no idea why it's not showing up. It was when I first posted it, and now it's not. In the summary, I have my email address, so just email me and I will send you the first chapter. Granted, you don't have to read it. It doesn't have a lot do with the plot. It basically just smut.
Anyway, I'm glad you guys like this. This is one of my favorite fics I've ever written :) It means a lot to know that people like this as much as I do.
Sign up to rate and review this story