Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Cellmate's A Killer

Epilogue.

by davidthesquirrel 4 reviews

"I only desperately held on to the doors, wanting nothing more than to chase after him."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-01-15 - Updated: 2013-01-16 - 797 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Ray’s P.O.V.

I should have stopped him. I should have made sure he was beside me, but I was a few steps ahead of him; just enough so that he was completely out of my vision. I was already inside the building when he stopped walking. The doors just started to close when I turned around, curious why I didn’t hear his footsteps behind me. Through the space between the closing doors, I saw him turn around to face the guards and break out into a run. His sudden actions were unexpected and I didn’t realize exactly what he was doing. The whistles dawned it upon me. He was trying to escape.

“No!” I shouted, and ran towards the locked doors, shaking the handles even though I knew they were securely locked. I looked out the small window on one of the doors and watched his running figure get further and further away from me. He threw his hands up in the air, somewhat embodying a sense of triumph and accomplishment. He took a couple more steps before I saw his chest lurch forward, and watched him collapse, limp on the ground. Officers grabbed me, attempting to pry me off the door. Before they tore me away, I caught a last glimpse of Gerard. Officers ran out to get him, picking his lifeless body off of the ground. Though he was far from where I was, I could see the blood spreading on his orange prison uniform. I didn’t scream. I didn’t yell. I only desperately held on to the doors, wanting nothing more than to chase after him.

~~~

I still couldn’t believe what Gerard had done. The shot had not been meant to kill, only to stun, but was aimed poorly, and penetrated through his left lung, straight into his heart. He died before the officers got his body back into the building. Once again, a hearse left the prison. I remembered the last words he said to me: “And I’ll miss you.” Once reflecting upon this, I realized that Gerard had planned this. How far in advance, I did not know, but when he said it, I realized that his goodbye was a little deeper than I had imagined. I didn’t notice the regret in his voice when he had said it to me, just assuming that it was a generic goodbye.

The image of his body falling to the ground replayed over and over in my mind. I couldn’t help but look in hindsight at what I could have done. If only I were standing next to him, I could stop him. If only I hadn’t allowed him to run to the gate so we wouldn’t be last to enter the building. If only I ran after him. Guilt overcame me, but my usual optimism tried to see the best of the situation. Maybe, as horrible as it seemed out of context, it was for the best. Even I knew, no matter how much I wanted to deny it, that Gerard didn’t want to live without Frank. He was utterly hopeless without him. I think, in a way, Frank replaced the memory of his brother. Frank was the only thing stopping the memories of his brother’s death from driving him insane, and Gerard knew it. Gerard knew that even if he had tried to escape, he would surely be unsuccessful. Even if he did, he’d burdened by his brother’s and Frank’s death. So, I guessed that he escaped the only way he knew how. He’d never be able to be free, and quite frankly, I’d probably do the same in his situation. It wasn’t completely devastating; from what I could see, Gerard seemed to be happy, and over the screeching whistles, I swear, I heard him laughing.


The End.




A/N: I;m not quite sure I should have added the epilogue, but anyway, this story is done! I'm so glad to have the greatest audience of all time. Believe me, you have no idea how happy I got when I received those little emails saying "New Review on Ficwad." Every single time, I'd open the email and cover the actual review with my arm, just so I could click on the link and actually read it officially on the website. I loved refreshing the page to find that one of my chapters was rated up. Thank you so much for reading! After all, what's a story without an audience? I will be writing much more, and probably re-writing a past story so expect more! I love you all so much, and I can't imagine living without this website :D So long & goodnight ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story