Categories > TV > Bones > At The Movies

238 Times

by SSidle 0 reviews

Bits and pieces inspired by movie quotes.

Category: Bones - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-28 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 730 words

0Unrated
A/N: This installment is from Simply Irresistible. It's a bit longer than the first.

Amanda Shelton: My friend told me this thing about men and sex, they think about it 238 times a day.
Tom Bartlett: That's ridiculous, that would be about every 4 minutes... yeah, that's about right.
Amanda Shelton: I've been here 20 minutes.


Tempe hurried home after talking with Angela, she needed to get ready. Not that she was trying to impress anyone. It was only Booth after all, and it wasn't a date. Just dinner, it didn't matter what Angela said. She preened in front of the mirror for an hour anyway.

When he arrived at her place, he was nervous and arguing with himself the same as she was. It wasn't a date, they were partners who didn't have any other plans. They were just keeping one another company. That was all. He brought flowers anyway.

She opened the door to see a bouquet with a body.

"Booth?"

"Oh, hi." He said, embarrassed as he moved the flowers and handed them to her. "These are for you."

"Thanks. Come in while I find a vase." He followed her into the entranceway and stood there as she left in search of something for the flowers. As she waited for the vase to fill, she secretly indulged in sniffing and sighing over the flowers. It had been a long time since a guy had bought her flowers. She knew it was girly and foolish, but she couldn't help but melt over the gesture. Remembering that it wasn't a date, she stiffened and quickly finished. The two left with a comfortable silence between them.

They had decided to go to neutral ground, Sid's. They talked and laughed as they ate. Then Tempe remembered something Angela told her a few days before.

"Hey Booth?"

"Yeah?"

"Angela told me this thing about men and sex. They think about it 238 times a day."

"That's ridiculous, that would be about every 4 minutes... yeah, that's about right."

"But I've been here more than 20 minutes."

"And your point, Bones?"

"I can't believe... why would she tell me that! It's horrible to know. How do men concentrate on their work?"

"Why do you think relationships between people who work together so popular?"

"But, those aren't right. You aren't supposed to have relationships with people you work with!"

"Why?"

"It distracts you from your job."

"And just thinking about it doesn't?"

"Do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Think about sex at work."

"I thought that was pretty obvious. I agreed with Angela, didn't I?"

"But... Who could you possibly?..."

Booth blushed and didn't answer. He had almost admitted that it was her he thought about. It was bad enough that he thought about her like that at times, no need for her to find out.

"Who? I want to know."

"Well, what about you?"

"I asked you."

"I don't think I should have to tell you."

"But I should tell you who I've thought about."

"Aha! So you admit it. You've thought about sex at work!"

"I don't see why it concerns you."

"I'm curious. Considering there are only a few guys you work with on a regular basis."

"So? Normally it is only Angela and myself that you work with."

"And your point is?"

"It would likely have to be one of the two of us. And knowing your 'type', as Angela said, it would have to be her."

"What makes you think you know my type?"

"Well, your history with relationships. The women you observe outside of work. Those are supposedly the indicators."

"I'll just say that my 'type has been severely altered in recent times. And Angela isn't my type."

"But that would indicate that I..."

"Your point?"

"But..."

"You haven't answered, Bones."

"I...I...I can't answer that question."

"Now that you know you have to answer."

"No."

Let's see...your choices would be, Goodman."

"No!"

"Zach."

"Absolutely not!"

"Hodgins."

"Of course not! That's Angela." She froze and covered her mouth with her hands.

"Oh, really, I'll have to look into that. Anyways back to the subject. The only person left is myself."

She didn't answer. She only blushed and tried to shake her head. After a moment, she managed to squeak out a quiet 'no'. He laughed and smiled to himself. This evening had turned out even better than he thought. Tempe was mortified.
Sign up to rate and review this story