Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Reasoning Love

Fresh Start

by glostick86 3 reviews

(REVISED) Angel's life was picture perfect. Great school, great friends and a great life. Until her father's secret is revealed and ruins everything.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-22 - Updated: 2013-04-17 - 797 words

2Original
This totally sucks....Angel thinks to herself as she stares out of the window as she and her family drives down the highway that leads out of San Antonio. Any person in their right mind would be excited about the move to a new place. But sadly that was not her. She starts to think about everything that has happened to her family in the past seven months and how she went from having two parents to only having one:


While lying in her bed, Angel has a hard time sleeping because at that very moment her parents were in the living room arguing. She isn’t troubled by this too much because this was something that happened on a normal basis. But lately it has been happening more often. She looks over to her sister Lydia who is sleeping soundly and decides to find out why they were yelling at each other this time. Now usually when they hear one of their kids getting up to see what all the noise is about, they stop. But for some reason it is different this time.

"I can't believe you did this to me! To our kids!" her mother yells.

"It's done Laura now just let me leave."

"If you walk out that door, you will never see me or the kids again! Do you hear me?!?"

"You can't keep me away from them! I'm their father!" he yells.

"That makes no difference!" she yells back.

"Mom? Dad? What's going on?" Angel asks them faking sleep.

"It's nothing sweetheart. You just go back to bed alright." her dad tells her.

"No Angel why don't you stay here and ask your father what he has done to ruin this family.” says her mothers.

"Dad what is mom talking about?" she asks hesitantly.

Her father says nothing but stares at her mother with so much anger and hatred. She had never seen that look in his eyes before. Before he could answer her question her mother did it for him.

"Your Father is leaving us for another family!" her mother cries.

"WHAT?! Dad is this true?!"

"Laura please!"

"Every time this happens, I hoped and prayed to myself that this will be the last time. But that was never true was it?! The only difference this time is that you got your little whore pregnant!"

"Dad, tell me she is lying. Tell me it's not true." she cries.

"I'm so sorry Angel. I never meant for you to find out like this." he tells her trying to pull Angel to him because she started to cry.

"Leave me alon!! Don't touch me!" she replies pushing him away. “How could you do this to us?”

She doesn’t even give him a chance to answer her as she runs to her room and slams the door shut refusing to hear any more. Her parents had been married for almost 17 years. In public they were considered the perfect family. All three of their kids were on the honor roll and Laura and John were members of their kids PTA groups. As well as being active members of the community watch program. They were respected and looked up to by everyone who knew them. But on this night that façade shattered. It took almost 6 months for the divorce to be final. When it was over and done with, John tried to convince his children to live with him but they refused. They were closer to their mother and too angry with their father to even speck to him.

After some time Laura thought it best that they all deserved a fresh start. So she asked her company to transfer her to new city. The children were pulled out of school and were soon making plans for their move to New Jersey. Both Caleb and Lydia were excited about moving to a new place but not Angel.

Angel remembers the look on their faces when she told them that she was moving. They all cried. It was really hard to say goodbye to them. They had all grown up together. So she would never forget them, each of her friends gave her something special.

"Don't be so gloomy." Laura tells the group of crying teenagers. "If it's ok with your parents, you can come up and visit this summer. I'll buy the tickets myself if I have to."

This cheered them up a little. And so the family packs up everything and prepares for the move from San Antonio, Texas to Belleville, New Jersey. It hurts Angel knowing that she was going to miss her best friend Sarah’s birthday. They had been planning it for the past two months. She starts to cry silently to herself as they reach the city limits.
Sign up to rate and review this story