Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She Always Gets What She Wants

Chapter 21

by xFuRiEx 3 reviews

Thanks for the comments on the previous chapter! Hey, I'm starting to put these out a little faster. Here's hoping this streak lasts...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-01-31 - Updated: 2013-01-31 - 2515 words

1Exciting


Hey, guys! Short but necessary chapter. And don't worry, the story won't be all smutty from now on. This is probably the last one so. Let me know what you think and maybe even what you think will happen next ;)



***



Frank

"Dude, Icannot believe he did that," I laughed as Gerard, Mikey and I walked into the Way's house. "I thought I was crazy, but..."

"Hi, boys,"Mrs. Way greeted us with a smile from the kitchen doorway. "Good day at work?"

"Yeah, Mom," Gerard grinned warmly back at his mother.

She turned away just as Brittany flew into the room and grabbed my hand.

"Hey," I chuckled at her attempt to drag me out of the room.

"Hey, Brit," Gerard said.

"Gerard, you really have to quit hogging my boyfriend," she said annoyed.

"What?"Mikey asked, looking confused.

"Well, he was my best friend long, long before he was your /boyfriend/,"Gerard shot back, looking at me.

All I could do was shrug innocently in response, because suddenly I was the rope in the tug-o-war between the two siblings. The roles have clearly changed. And to be honest, I haven't seen Brittany all day. It would be nice to spend some time with her as well.

"You get him all day long in the studio and I have to be happy with the bit of left over time I get at the end of the day. It's seven thirty for crying out loud. Don't you guys have a life?"

By now she was literally dragging me after her. I felt kind of flattered by her possessiveness.

Mikey pulled a face, "I think I'm going to visit Syd my girlfriend. I do still have a life."

I stumble backwards after Brittany and she only let go of me once we were in her room and the door was shut. The teen turned to me, looking at me expectantly.

"So did you miss me or what?" she asked and the corners of her lips twitched up into asmile.

I tried to keep my face impassive as I stared back at her, but her smile was infectious and soon I was giving her one of my own.

"Sure Idid," I smiled, holding my arms out to her.

She looked thoughtful for a second before approaching me.

"I'm not sure I appreciate the hesitation, but I'll forgive you this one time," she said quietly, walking into the circle of my arms.

"I was joking," I assured the female. "You were quite forceful back there."

"You know me. I want to enjoy favor over my brother. I am your girlfriend now after all."

I beamed at her and then her lips were on mine. At first the kiss was soft and it was like we were getting reacquainted. My arms locked around her, but didn't pull her against me yet.

"I'm listening. How was your day?" Brittany wanted to know, pulling away in order to kiss my cheeks.

"Good, Iguess. Melania sat in all day giving her opinions on some of the songs, but she didn't really say much, because she says they're all great."

"She's Gerard's girlfriend of course she'll love it," Brittany rolled her eyes.

I rolled my eyes at her as well, "She gets it."

"I get it too, but an honest opinion is worth more than fake flattery, don't you think?"she asked, tilting her head to the side and looking up at me. Her hands moved down and she put them on my stomach, slowly walking forward until my back came to rest against the wall. "Maybe I'll drop by tomorrow after school and give you my thoughts on things."

I chuckle quietly, "As much as I would like to see you there, I don't think that's such agood idea. You might just say the wrong thing and get everyone worked up."

"Me? Never!I'm all sweet and innocent," she said, backing her words up with a sweet and innocent smile.

"Oh, yeah, always."

One of my hands comes to rest at the nape of her neck while the other tangles itself in her hair and I kiss her deeply. Her response is immediate and she presses her body flush against mine. I feel her kissing the side of my lips and then move down to my jaw and then back over to my chin before dipping her lips down to my neck. My head presses back against the wall and for a few moments I savor the feeling of her lips on my skin. My hands cup her face and pull her lips back to mine. We're both lost, my own mind completely clouded over. This was never going to grow tiresome, that's for sure.

"Fuck!"

Brittany and I practically rip apart and stare wide-eyed at Gerard standing in the doorway with his own eyes as big as saucers.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, uhm, fuck," he keeps swearing, looking everywhere but directly at us.

My hands drop from Brittany's face as she steps away from me and straightens her clothes.

"Gerard!Don't you knock?" Brittany demanded a little angrily.

"I did!"Gerard practically yelled. "Twice," he muttered quietly as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. The silence that followed seemed to go on forever when in truth it was only for about five seconds. "I'm probably going to have to get used to this," he realized un comfortably."You two together like this," he motioned with a hand and I stared back guiltily.

"Gerard,"Brittany talked to him again. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, right, dinner's ready."

"That's my cue," I say something for the first time since Gerard came into the room.

"You're welcome to stay," the two Ways say simultaneously.

"Thanks," I smile gratefully. "But it's been a long day, a long week. I need to get home. Ineed to get some sleep."

Gerard simply nods in response.

"I'll walk you out," Brittany offers and one by one we leave her bedroom.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come by the studio tomorrow?" she wanted to know as we stepped out of the house.

"You're more than welcome if you promise to play nice."

"Me? Pft! I'll be the epitome of nice."

"Oh, I'm sure," I laughed in disbelief.

"You don't believe me? Just watch, Frankie boy. I'll put on my nice face and wear my nice personality and give you guys the best comments."

"I'm imagining things. I really need some rest. I could've sworn you just said that you're going to be nice," I teased.

"Yes, you definitely have to go home now," Brittany agreed. "Before one of us says something that turns into an argument."

"I'll see you tomorrow?" she said hopefully.

I nod and plant a quick kiss on her lips.

"Definitely."

"Hey, Frank just remember that I'm keeping count. Tonight is the third time that you leave me hanging."

"We'll have to make a day of it sometime," I smile suggestively at her before I turn and start walking in the direction of my house.

It's already dark outside except where the street lamps cast dull yellow glows onto the street. It wasn't even five minutes before I entered the house.

"Mom, I'm home," I called out, going in search of her.

As I neared the kitchen I could hear talking and then my mom's voice.

"Frank, I'm in the kitchen."

I walked into the room, curious as to who was visiting at this hour and was stunned to see Amy sitting across from my mother.

"Hey, Frank," the blonde smiled up at me from her seat and I gulped.

"Hi," I muttered back awkwardly.

There was the sound of a chair scraping backwards across the floor when my mom stood up.

"I'll let you two talk," she smiled, excusing herself from the room.

The room was silent for some seconds and I finally walked around to the other side of the table and sat down in the chair my mom recently vacated.

"Hi," I mutter again. "How have you been?"

Her eyebrows shoot up in surprise and then crease into a frown.

"Curious."

I watch her expectantly, waiting for her to continue.

"You've been avoiding me."

"I've been busy," I start, but she shakes her head and reiterates, "You've been avoiding me."

I sigh deeply, "Yes."

"I'm not sure whether you feel guilty or if you're afraid, but in the end it comes down to your fear of my reaction to recent developments," Amy speaks carefully. "Why didn't you tell me? Shit, I'm still not really sure about what's going on, but when Brittany answered your phone I kind of made my own assumptions."

It was true, I have been avoiding her specifically for this reason. I knew she wouldn't be impressed when she found out that I was back with Brittany. Amy and I have become close in the last couple of weeks. I understood her reservations concerning my relationship with Brittany, because I would probably feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?"

"Brittany broke up with her boyfriend and we're officially together right now."

"Oh." It was a small gasp that escaped her lips and she looked so confused. It was quite unsettling to see her that way. Then again it was probably my fault for leading her on. This is what I was afraid of and why I was hesitant to tell her in the first place. I didn't want to hurt her feelings after everything. I liked her, but that didn't change me being with Brittany.

"I'm sorry," I apologize sincerely.

Amy frowns up at me. "Why are you apologizing to /me/?"

Now I was lost.

"You're not upset?"

"No, Frank I'm not upset. I'm just surprised, surprised and disappointed that you would be stupid enough to give her another chance after what she did to you. Have you forgotten about that? She used you and basically cheated on you. I don't know if two weeks ago is too far for you to remember, but you were pretty upset after the whole thing."

She was angry now and when she explained why, I couldn't even blame her. It wasn't all bad though and I've forgiven Brittany.

"We talked about it and Brittany apologized. She made it right. She chose me..."

"You're such a guy!" she explains exasperated. "A girl barely appeals to you hormones and you jump. Do you seriously think Brittany wants more from you than just sex? She's going to eat you for breakfast and then spit you out time and time again. And the sad part is that you're just going to keep coming back for more. You of all people should know better, Frank," she practically yells. "You're the one person who knows her through and through. You're the one who's always complaining that she always gets what she wants and yet here you are stepping voluntarily into her web of lies and deceit. She played you once. What ensures you that she won't do it again?"

I gaped at her, surprised by her hefty response. Sure Brittany didn't inspire much faith in herself, but she was actually nice once you get to know her. Maybe nice is abit of an overstatement, but she wasn't a total bitch. She's actually been pretty sweet since we got together.

"The second she breaks your heart I'll suddenly be good enough again and you'll come knocking on my door in search of a shoulder to cry on," she muttered bitterly.

My eyes shot up to meet hers and she hurriedly looked away.

"Amy," I breathed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"Frank, don't," she shook her head. "Look I don't expect you to always tell me everything, but after everything I at least thought you'd tell me about this. And I don't know," she continued somewhat upset. "Maybe the thing that upsets me most is how easily you could forget about me the second she came back into the picture. You spend all your time with me and we have fun and then all of asudden nothing. Now I'm the one who feels used," she finished quietly.

Wow, did Isuddenly feel shitty. She was absolutely right. We were friends now and what Idid was low. I quickly got up and walked over to her side, pulling her up and hugging tightly.

"I'm sorry."

I pulled away to look at her.

"I didn't mean for it to seem like I was using you..."

"Then why did I only find out a week after it happened that you and Brittany got back together?"

"Because I was scared!" I exclaim."We started something or at least there was something happening and then suddenly Brittany was here and I don't know... If I didn't give this a chance I would always wonder what if. I had to see if maybe things could out between me and her. I knew you had feelings for me and I didn't want to hurt you."

Amy sighed deeply, her steel gray eyes looking down again.

"Frank, you don't have to worry about me. We're fine. It's not like we were in arelationship or in love," she shook her head before looking back up at me. "I just want us to be friends. I'd hate to lose you completely to that girl," she chuckled quietly.

I smiled,"No way. Besides who knows, maybe you're right and she does break my heart again. If you're still waiting around when that time comes we could give us achance."

"Yeah, Frank," she stepped back from me and smiled a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "Don't make promises you can't keep."

I opened my mouth and closed it again.

"It's getting late, I have to get home. I'll talk to you sometime," she said, grabbing her keys off the kitchen table.

I walked her out to her car and she turned to face me.

"Good luck with the man eater. I really do hope things work out between the two of you."

"You do?" I asked unconvinced.

"Honestly, I still think you deserve better, but if she makes you happy," she finished, shrugging her shoulders.

"Maybe Ido," I conceded, sticking my hands deep into my pockets and kicking at the driveway with the front of my shoes. "Right now I don't want better, though," I admitted, grinning sheepishly.

"You're so whipped, Frank," she smiled, leaning forward and kissing my cheek. "Sweet dreams."

She got into her car and shut the door. I gave her a small wave as she pulled out of the driveway and drove off.

I'm glad that over with. At least now everything was okay and I could relax. Things between Brittany and I were really good and all my friendships were safe. Mikey is still very touchy over the subject, but he hasn't attempted to kill me yet so there's still a light at the end of that tunnel. It would be interesting to see what happened now.
Sign up to rate and review this story