Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Asylum

Façade

by Im-a-monster 0 reviews

Your facade can't disguise The fact that you're in misery

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-02-03 - Updated: 2013-03-29 - 473 words

0Unrated
"- Frank?"

I blink.

"Frank, are you listening to me?"

My eyes remain focused on the mildew patch on the ceiling.

"You know, the sooner you start cooperating, the sooner you can leave."

I perk up at that. Slowly, my eyes turn over to the young intern beside me.

She smiles at me and looks back down at the paperwork in her hands.
"So, what exactly was that back there?"

I shrug and turn my attention back to the ceiling.
"It was nothing."

There is a short stretch of silence in which she stares at me, an unconvinced expression on her face. When she speaks, her words are laced with concern.
"You didn't take your meds"

"Forgot."

"Every day you were in solitary?"

"So?"

"Frank.." Amy frowns at me, "Please be honest with me. Was there an actual reason behind your negligence?"

Stubbornly, my gaze remains fixed on the ceiling spot.
"Forgot."

I can tell that she's frustrated with my response- or lack of- as she scribbles something down on her clipboard.

Standing up slowly, Amy brushes a stray lock of hair out of my face and strokes my cheek.
"I really hate to see you this way, Frank."

Her cool touch feels nice, but I can't help but laugh humourlessly at the absolute lies behind it.
"You don't care."

"Frank-"

"Nobody cares." I snap. I can feel myself becoming lost in the rage that has become such a huge part of me. "If my family cared, then why am I here? If anyone 'cared', then why did you all lock me up in solitary confinement like a freaking animal? None of you care. None of you care at all, so stop pretending." My voice has become more violent. I can't even stop myself. It just hurts too much.

Amy's still stroking my cheek.
"Maybe-" she gently pats my face one more time before turning to leave. "- Maybe, we did all of this because we do care. We care very much. And we want you to be healthy again because we really, truly care about you."
She smiles sadly at me before exiting the room.

As the door slowly slides shut behind her, the tears come.
Small, shimmering droplets form in my eyes, building up until they fall. They streak down my face in warm trails, eventually dripping off my chin and onto my shirt. I tuck my knees under my chin and brace myself for the sobs which softly shake my body.

They're lying
They don't care
Stop pretending
She lied to you
She hates you like the rest of them
Nobody needs you
Nobody likes you
You're a freak
And you will always be one

First update in, what, half a year? No big deal..
Anyways, rate and review! Constructive criticism is always appreciated.
Stay sexy. Keep it ugly.
-Lexi

Sign up to rate and review this story