Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Lies Of The Taken

Would I Lie To You?

by killjoyBandit 0 reviews

After finding out their true feelings, Frank and Gerard run away together to avoid Frank's homophobic father and Gerard's bullies. However, soon they must rely on a series of lies to survive...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-02-24 - Updated: 2013-02-25 - 1829 words

0Unrated
Chapter One

“Uhh…” Frank groaned uncomfortably, though Naomi must have taken it the wrong way, because she responded by kissing him harder.

Frank wasn’t comfortable at all. It was okay for the first two or three weeks after she had asked him out, and he, being as desperate as he was, couldn’t possibly say no. ‘I can learn to love her…’ he told himself every day, until he finally realised that it wasn’t going to happen. She wasn’t even his type. If anything, she was the complete opposite. Frank was alternative, with his eyeliner, long, black fringe and his beloved fingerless skeleton gloves. She, on the other hand, was-

Frank’s thoughts were interrupted as Naomi let out a slight giggle, her tongue still in his mouth. Next thing he knew, her perfectly manicured, slender hands were pushing his chest down, towards the floral cover of her neatly made double bed, her silky, carefully straightened, blonde hair falling onto his pale face as she attempted to somehow roll him onto her.

Frank was now ready to jump up and storm out, but one thing that had been worrying him recently kept him there, imprisoned in her arms because of what his own mind was telling him, despite being repulsed and irritated by her expensive perfume and cheerleader attitude.

But as Naomi began to run her hands up his chest, lifting his worn out, black Misfits T-shirt up to his chin, he gave in to the voice, the instinct, which was telling him to flee.
“N- Naomi…”He broke off the kiss, placing his skinny, skeleton-gloved hands on her shoulders and gently pushing her back up.

“Frank, what… what are you doing?” She began, “Come on, don’t you want this?”

Frank sighed as he sat up and gently moved her legs off his lap, “In all honesty… no, I don’t.”

“Wha-what do you mean?” Her voice grew louder as her face grew redder, anger clearly building up inside her. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. Every guy wants me! If you don’t, then… then you… I… Are you gay or something?” Her face twisted in exaggerated disgust, somehow making the six layers of make-up on her face even more obvious.

Frank’s eyes widened. “What? No!” He protested, suddenly remembering the voice he’d been imagining lately, and doing his best to try and ignore it.

Just because I don’t like her, she assumes I’m gay? What is wrong with society? Frank thought to himself.

“Ugh!” She exclaimed at an unusually high pitch. “I don’t even want to look at you right now, you pig! How dare you say that you don’t want to be with me?”

Frank stared at the floor, pressing his lips together to avoid suddenly grinning. He had always found it amusing when ‘popular’ people got agitated.

“Just, ugh, just leave my house now!”

“Gladly,” Frank stood up and stretched, the corners of his lips curled upwards slightly behind his fringe. “I've been meaning to end this for a long time!” And with that, he walked out.

*

As Frank entered his house with his head up high and a wide smile plastered onto his face, his mother noticed the unusual attitude and immediately abandoned her crossword puzzle.

“Frank!” She snapped, her eyes wide with surprise, her forehead wrinkled, expecting to hear an explanation that would make her mad. “Are you high?”

Frank stared at her, eyebrows raised high, and a hint of a smile never leaving his face. “Mom, you know I’d never do drugs!” He laughed at her accusation.

Unsure whether she should believe him or not, she rushed over to him, her green eyes overflowing with concern for her son. “I’m sorry, it’s just that your expression seems so… vacant and, well, I’ve never seen you this carefree and happy and-” Her concern quickly shifted into a warm, motherly smile, “So, tell me what happened!”

“Naomi,” Frank grinned, “we-”

His mother’s sudden panic cut him off, “What? How far did you… I mean, did you guys… Frank, you’re fifteen!” She finally uttered, her voice ringing with disappointment and a hint of shock.

“No! Mom, let me finish! We broke up!” He explained as he casually wandered into the kitchen to get a glass of juice, as if what he’d just said made perfect sense.

His mother, on the other hand, wasn’t quite as clear about why he was so happy about that. Unsure of how to respond, she just stared at Frank, mouth hanging open in confusion.

Just then, his father entered the kitchen. It wasn’t long before he noticed the growing tension that seemed to have erased the expression off his wife’s face. He looked over at her, then at Frank, who was sipping his tropical juice, head bowed slightly, looking up from behind the curtain of smooth, black hair, with large eyes, so full of innocence.

Ignoring the presence of Frank’s father, his mom broke the suffocating silence, “Are you sure you’re not high, sweetheart? Or maybe you’re just smiling to hold back the tears…” She tilted her head in sympathy.

“What’s going on here?” His father demanded, looking from one person to the other in confusion. The mention of the word ‘high’ made his forehead crease as he awaited an answer.

“Frank and Naomi broke up, but… I've never seen Frank happier… It’s not a big deal, I was just wondering why.”

Frank continued to innocently sip his juice.

His father’s face reddened and the way it twisted reminded Frank of Naomi’s face earlier that day. “What? Son, are you… gay or something?”

Frank choked, spitting a mouthful of juice back into the glass, then looked up at his father with a glare that suggested he had no idea what he was on about, but didn't like it.

“What!?”

“Don’t get me wrong, son, but that girl was way too hot to just let her go like that!”

Excuse me?” His mother couldn't help but interrupt.

“Dad, I’m not-”

“You better not be, do you understand me?”

Once again, his mother spoke up, “Stop! Why do you care so much if he’s gay?”

“I’m NOT!” Frank argued to no avail. “Why did you just suddenly decide to assume that?”

“Because that was the hottest girl in your school and you don’t even care that she dumped you! Worse, you’re happy about it. And, let’s face it; you have never had much luck with girls!”

Frank’s mother’s eyes were now wide with disbelief. “How can you say something like that to your own-?”

“She didn't dump me! I dumped her! And she isn’t ‘hot’; she’s just a fake bitch!” Frank emphasized the last word to make his point clear.

You dumped her? You dumped her?” His father repeated a bit more quietly. Are you even my son? It was a miracle that girl decided to go out with you, any sane boy your age would have stayed with her just for the sex!”

“Stop it now!” Pleaded Frank’s mother.

Frank ignored her. “Well, maybe I don’t like the idea of it! Maybe I find it gross when she kisses me! What’s the big fucking deal?”

Silence fell around them. Frank breathed heavily, giving his father the death glare. And then he realized what he had just said. He tried to convince his father that he’s straight by telling his that he doesn't want to be with the girl who everyone wants to be with. The imaginary voice in his head was torturing him. A million thoughts running through his mind. He tried to remain calm and ignore the anger boiling inside of him, although the sudden hatred for his father was obvious in his voice. “What is this even about? Because I don’t even know how all this started, or what your problem is!”

“My problem is that you have been acting gay for a while now, and now this! That’s unacceptable!”

Frank held his hands out as if to say that he had no idea what his father was on about.

“Well, guess what, dad! I’m NOT!” He ran up to his room and slammed the door, then collapsed onto his bed with his hands over his face. He just didn't know anymore! The voice was telling him the same thing his father told him…

“You shallow, homophobic asshole!” He suddenly heard his mother screaming. His bedroom window was open, and so was the one in the kitchen, directly underneath. Without hesitation, he got up and leaned out of the window, listening carefully.

“Just because he broke up with a girl, does not make him gay! Everybody dumps someone at some point!”

“It’s not just that, and you know it!”

Frank felt sick, but what really shocked him was what his father said next.

“We've discussed this before! It’s pretty obvious that he is, and you agree. At least that’s what you told me!”

Frank froze. They discussed it?

“And did you even hear what he said? What fifteen-year-old boy doesn't like the idea of getting laid by a hot girl, and hates kissing her?”

There was a long pause. Frank could feel his insides twist uncomfortably as he waited for his mother’s response.

A few seconds later, she finally spoke, “Look, I was shocked that he wanted to get rid of her so badly, but you completely over reacted! How dare you tell your own son that it’s unacceptable to be whoever the hell he wants to be? And what problem do you have with it?”

Frank had never heard his mother’s voice so shaky and cold.

“God damn it! I want grandchildren! That’s my problem!”

The floor beneath Frank’s feet vibrated. He didn’t want to deal with this. He didn’t have to! Without even thinking about it, stuffed a few of his favorite items of clothing into the worn out, black backpack he used for school, hung the strap of his beautiful, white electric guitar, Pansy, over his shoulder, then tiptoed downstairs and left while his parents were busy screaming in the kitchen.

“I’m not gay.” He whispered under his breath. The voice in his head was there again, trying to ruin his life. Every emotion he had ever known was running through his head. His blood was boiling with anger at his father, although the corners of his lips were curling upwards at the thought of finally escaping the life that silently tortured him.

However, as he set off down the driveway, the feelings of rejection and defeat took over, causing his eyes to fill up with a flood of salty emotions. And he couldn't hold them back.
Sign up to rate and review this story