Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fallen Angels

Rebel Love Song

by MCR-99 2 reviews

Title inspiration -- Rebel Love Song by Black Veil Brides

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2013-03-01 - 1069 words

2Original

Rebel Love Song.

I spray-painted the last of the graffiti on the brick wall of the park.I dropped the empty can and stepped back to admire what I had done.I smiled as I took in the art,it was a huge rose,the petals falling.Then,in big,black writing with a red outline,I had written the chorus to my favourite song.

Take your hand in mine,it's ours tonight.
This is a rebel love song.

Hearts will sacrifice,it's do or die.
This is a rebel love song.


I heard the familiar wails as the police drove to my spot.I looked as the cars came to a abrupt stop,before I took to running.My brown hair flew in the wind as I darted past house after house.I climbed over the obstacles that were in my way,before running into an abandoned house at the end of the street.The windows were boarded up,and it was dusty.I breathed a sigh of relief as I sank down on a chair.Then I heard a voice.

"Hiding too,huh?"

I turned to see a boy,about my age,with black hair.His hazel eyes were flicked with eyeliner,and his skin was deathly pale.I wondered if he was a vampire.He wore skinny jeans and a black shirt with a deep red tie.On his feet were boots that went over his jeans.He wore shoelace braclets,one blood red,and black and a simple white one.In his pocket was,what I assumed,his iPhone.

"Yeah."

"Why?"The boy's voice was intriuging,as he sat in the seat beside me.

"Police."I simply say,and he lets out a small chuckle.

"Same."

"Why are you hiding for?"I ask,positioning myself to face him.His eyes were to the floor when he answered.

"All I want to do is show my art.I want to show people,how well I can draw,how artistic I am.Apparently,nobody wants to see my art."

"So,you're hiding because you spray-painted your art in a public place for the last 3 years of your life."I knew how he felt.

"Exactly."

We sat in silence for a while,watching the day roll by.I had an idea as I stared at the plain walls of the house.I rooted around in my bag,before finding a bunch of different colour spray paints.I then gave a few to the boy.

"Let's see your art,I'll show you mine.We can brighten this place up."The boy smiled as he recieved the paints.He rose from his place,shaking the spray bottle.I did the same,going over to a different wall,before spraying the colour on the walls.

(A few months later)

I ran to the familiar house at the end of the road.My bag was filled with spray-paints and drinks,a few snacks as well.I pushed open the door that hung on one hinge,dropping my bag next to Gerard's.

"Gerard!"My call rang throught the house as I gathered up a few paints,and two sodas.I found my best friend in the dining room,spraying something on the walls.

"Yo,Way!"I called him,throwing a drink over to him.Without turning around,he caught the drink.He opened the can,and watched the fizz splutter out all over the floor.

"Thanks!"He smiled,before taking a long swig.

"I'm gonna go paint up another room.."I mumble,walking off to the hall.

"Wait!"He stopped me,by grabbing my wrist."I want you to see my latest masterpeice."He smiled,dragging me over to the west wall of the room,above the fireplace.We both looked at the art in front of us.It was two people,with blood on their faces.The girl had hair like mine,and eyes like mine too.The boy looked just like Gerard.Same hair,same complexion,same eyes.I looked back at Gerard,to notice he had red paint in the same position as the person in the artwork.

"You've got some red paint on your face."I say,quietly.

"I know."He smiled,handing me a mirror.I looked at my reflection,to see I had the same paint on too,where it was positioned on the girl.I looked at the art once more,then at me and Gerard in the mirror.Before I had a chance to say anything,Gerard kissed me softly.

"This is us,Sadie."Gerard smiled,as we stood where the people in the painting were positioned,before he kissed me once again.

(3 years later)

Me and Gerard,along with Mia and Ellie,our children,walked along the same street that me and Gerard had come along all those years ago.Mia and Ellie happily skipped through the streets,as me and Gerard watched on and smiled.We stopped in front of the house,that had been newly painted on the outside.

"Girls,stay here for a bit okay?"Gerard told the girls,who nodded obediently.Me and Gerard then set foot inside the house.It was for sale,as we had seen on the outside.Throught the house was our old art.All those words we had painted that had proper meaning in our lives back then,and still did now.We were two people who just wanted our art to be seen,we wanted to be seen.We stopped in front of our favourite painting of all;the two lovers.The paint was chipping away slowly,yet the memory was still intact.

We were no longer a painting,we were real.

So,there you go guys! my last writing for tonight as I am super tired,so I'm going to bed.Again,I got the title from the title of my third fave song from Black Veil Brides,Rebel Love Song.I love the chorus,and the entire song in fact.How two people would go against other's wishes,to be together.Or,in this fic's case,to have what they so desperatly love,to be seen.How,they don't want to be another face in the crowd.I'm rambling,oh god.I'll stop.So,whilst I am asleep,I want nice rates and reviews to answer too!
By the way,Ellie,tonight was so funny!

xo Sadie

(night night,little awkward turtles!)
Sign up to rate and review this story