Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

Willow Trees

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kato has many thoughts on his mind while trying to get away from his mother.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-03-21 - 483 words - Complete

0Unrated
Willow Trees

I found myself trying to escape Mother's constant worried looks and turned to nature. The trees in particular soothed my young mind. Who couldn't love them? They provided shade and a good hiding place. Sometimes, they can feed you with its fruit. Yes, the gods were in a good mood when they created trees. Willow trees are the best for my situation. They seemed so sad, but so peaceful at the same time. They reminded me of Mother on her good days.

I lay on the soggy moss and tried to sleep. However, everything sprung back into my mind. First were the fox twins. Four months and still couldn't figure them out. Their beauty only confused me even more. What did Haruka mean when she said that Juriko and their family didn't have hearts? She said that they used people up until they had nothing left to give them. I hoped that this was all just a bad joke to try and spook me out.

But yet, I knew about the legend of kitsune. Sometimes they took form of beautiful women to seduce a lover into bed with them just to feed off their energy. Every time I see them, I kept thinking one of them would try to drain everything out of me and leave my body for the crows to bicker over who would get the first taste among them. I knew that I should stay away from them, but it's not that easy. What was it about the twins that kept me coming back to them? Why do I keep having a sense of fear and excitement around them?

There was Grandma Mimiko to think about. She died years before I was born. Mother barely talked about her until recently. I have only seen one picture of Grandma Mimiko when she was just a baby. I used to not think so much about her, but now I wanted to know all that there is about that old woman. What role did she have with the twins? Who found her all of those years ago? Why wasn't there much about her? Why did Mother seize up in pain when she talked about her?

Speaking of my mother, what was she hiding? What was it about the twins that scared her so much? Where was papa and why didn't she talk about him? Why was she scared of me all of a sudden? And was it the reason why she's been acting so strangely all of these years?

I shook my head as I tightly shut my eyes. I couldn't get away from it. Each time I tried, they all kept getting stronger in my head. Still, I didn't stop my quest. I probably should have, but by that time I didn't know how. Or maybe I did and I just didn't want to for the thrill of it all.
Sign up to rate and review this story