Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

River

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kato encounters the twins again.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2013-03-22 - 427 words - Complete

0Unrated
River

I kept running into the fox twins every day. I saw them in my thoughts and dreams and couldn't understand why. They kept appearing and I didn't know how to stop it. I had no idea how they managed to find me. They just did. I didn't really know how I felt about that. Part of me wanted to see them, but I wanted to run from them. Neither side ever won. I would be leaving my house when they would spot me walking down the road. It's almost as though they could sense me coming.

"Hello Iwao-kun," Juriko always greets me. I automatically straightened up and my cheeks turned bright red.

"Hello Juriko, Haruka!" I yelped. Juriko giggled as Haruka rolled her eyes. Both sisters were weird. Juriko always got a kick out of me while her sister looked at me with venom in her eyes. I felt like some sort of toy for them to play with for their own twisted amusement. No, it's something more. It was almost like I'm part of some strange game that I had no idea I was playing. No rules, no path, just thrown into the middle and having to try and work from there. I tried to smile and play along with it. I doubted that I'm ever going to win and something told me that they wouldn't let me.

I kept trying to get Haruka smile in a nice, normal way. Instinct told me to give up, but I hadn't learned how to listen at the time. She's like my mother, only much scarier. It's not just the sight of them either.

Juriko always wore some sort of expensive Parisian perfume. I can't remember what it was called to this days. I don't even know how she got such a pricey gift, but the smell always drew me in. That perfume coated her nape, hair, and clothes. Juriko's gold earrings pushed the deal harder on me. She always tried to look older than she was. Haruka held her own simply by looking pretty. I always got the feeling that she was trying to make herself look ugly to those around her. I hated to tell her, but she failed poorly. Despite her venom, I kept trying to get inside her head and break her down. Haruka did everything in her power to turn me away, but I kept pushing further and further into the game that they had pulled me in.

I don't know, I just liked the attention they were giving in their own ways.
Sign up to rate and review this story