Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sticking It Out

Epilogue

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-03-23 - 914 words - Complete

0Unrated
Three Years Later
Frank

The wind suddenly blew harder than usual, pushing my bangs into my eyes. This weather was crazy. Just yesterday, it had been perfect spring weather, and now it’s probably going to snow. I just wanted to get home to my apartment and out of the cold.

As I got closer to my block, I started jogging. I just wanted to get home and turn up the heat and maybe even take a hot bath. Yeah, that sounded perfect right about now. Maybe warm up some hot cocoa or something.

Just as I was crossing the street, I ran head on into someone. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry. Are you alright?” I brushed my hair out of my eyes before extending a hand to help the guys up.

“Its alright. I should have been--” He stopped talking. I looked up at his face, meeting his gaze for the first time. My heart stopped.

I thought I would never see his face again. Last I heard of him, he was sentenced to ten years in prison. And now he was here, standing in front of me.

At first I didn’t recognize him. He looked completely different. His hair was cut short, and his beard was shaved. This wasn’t how I expected him to look after being in prison.

Before I could say anything, he started to push past me. I grabbed his forearm and pulled him back to me. “Why aren’t you in prison?”

He stared down at his feet, obviously uncomfortable. “I got out early for good behavior.” He looked up at me then. “Emily got a life sentence. She’s never getting out.” He shrugged. “Yeah, she’s my sister and I should want her to be free, but she killed someone.”

“Not just any someone. She killed Gerard. She killed my husband.” It had been three years. Three years since Gerard had died. A lot had changed since then. Everything was normal now.

Mikey was happy and just married. Him and his new husband were on their honeymoon right now. Gerard’s parents had even managed to somehow move on after the death of the eldest son.

Me, well, I still missed Gerard like crazy, but somehow I was doing it. I was living without him. It was hard at first, but I’ve gotten used to it. But now everything came flooding back. All the hurt, all the crazy, everything. All because Bert was released and then bumped into me on the street.

“You act like I don’t know that.” There were tears building in his eyes. “I have to live with the memory of watching him die in your arms every day.” He shook his head, breaking free of my grasp. “The look on your face hurt me more than anything that day.”

“That’s bullshit. You never cared about me, all you wanted was to get Gerard back. You were willing to do whatever it took to keep up apart.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “Well, you don’t need to lie anymore. Now neither of us can have Gerard. Your sister made sure of that.”

He ran a hand through his hair. “Fine. If that’s what you want to believe, if that’s what helps you sleep at night, then fine. I don’t care anymore. I just want to go home, get out of the cold, and get back to my life.”

I just stood there, not saying a word. He started walking away. Before he crossed the street, he turned back to me. “It was good seeing you again, Frank. I’m glad to see you’re doing okay. After everything.”

My heart dropped. Watching him walk away, I was overcome with a flood of emotions. I couldn’t help but remember that brief time that I was with Bert, and I saw him as not such a bad guy. Whether he was all bad or not, I would never know.

I was so angry and frustrated at him over all the bad things he’d ever done. To me, to Gerard, to everyone. In my eyes, Bert would always be that guy that raped me that day in the park.

Maybe one day, when I’m a lot older, I’ll learn to forgive, but I doubted it. He took everything from me. Everything. He didn’t deserve my forgiveness.

Finally, Bert was out my sight, and I turned around heading back to my apartment. It took me a few seconds to get the door unlocked and get inside. It was so much warmer inside. Taking my coat off, I threw it on the back of the couch before collapsing on the couch myself.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Even without Gerard here, and knowing the man responsible for his death was out of prison, I was happy. For the first time in a long time, I was actually happy and excited for the future.

A//N: I know a lot of people probably won't read this because of the break up, but I just felt like I needed to post it. I was actually in the middle of writing some other fics, but with the break-up... They will never get finished. Unless of course, MCR decides to reunite. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I loved writing it. And also, long live MCR.
Sign up to rate and review this story