Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The World Is Ours

Chapter Sixty Six - Old Spark

by McrmyBVBparawhore

"Why do you have to do this to me? Every time I think we can be friends and move on, you either kiss me or tell me you may or may not still have feelings for me."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2013-04-01 - 3269 words

?Blocked
A/N Yay, a chapter's finally been posted! Sorry for how late this is. After MCR broke up, I struggled to continue writing but I think I'm finding it a little easier to write now. Thankies to Chemical_30 for reviewing the last chapter I posted and thankies to Chemical_30 and YoshikiHide182 for reviewing the A/N thingy I posted last week, it's appreciated! Sorry for any mistakes or typos. Enjoy ;)


Chapter Sixty Six - Old Spark


Acid and Poison started preparing themselves for their trip to the Black Market, grabbing their guns, extra batteries and even a couple of knives. After what happened last time, Poison was extra cautious and took more weapons. Acid packed extra weapons too without Poison knowing about it.
After everything was ready, they jumped straight into the car where the awkward silence was waiting patiently for them. While they both wanted to go and get food, they feared the silence that would come with it.
Acid put the radio on straight away and started searching for a decent song. She was satisfied when she found Take It Or Leave It by The Runaways and softly sang the lyrics to herself, causing a grin to sneak onto Poison's face.
Acid glanced at him, noticing the smile. "What?" She asked.
"Nothing. I just forgot how fucking obsessed you were with this band."
His smile must've been contagious since she found herself grinning too. "I was obsessed and I still am. I have no shame."
"I know you don't, I remember when you'd get hammered then start singing Cherry Bomb and the top of your lungs."
"Hey, that song is fucking amazing." She defended one of her favorite songs while smirking. "You can't say that they're a shitty band, Poison. You just can't."
"I never said they were, I do still stand by the fact that there are better bands out there other than the Runaways."
She glared at him as if he were insane. "What? The only band that're ever so slightly better than the Runaways is Joan Jett and the Black Hearts."
"I can't deny they're a good band since one, they've made some good stuff. And two because if I do, I know you'll throttle me right here right now."
She giggled. "You know it's true."
Acid turned up the volume slightly, her singing grew louder as well as the song did.
"You know it makes me sad, to see how you feel for me. I gotta start movin' on, someone else is waitin' for me. Take it or leave it, do whatever you want. Take it or leave it, do whatever you want to me."


The Black Market was the same as it always was, which fascinated Acid. She found it amazing that Better Living didn't know about it set because of the size of it and because of how many Killjoys went there on a daily basis.
She stayed close to Poison so history wouldn't repeat it's self. The last thing they both wanted was for her to be almost killed again, hence why they brought so many extra weapons with them.
The first thing they grabbed was water followed by a lot of canned foods, they were the most important ones for everyone.
As Acid grabbed the cans of food, she glanced at Poison, wondering something.
"Poison, can I ask something?" He nodded. "Do you still see Pheonix?"
He paused, remembering that the last time they'd almost slept together, he'd said Acid's name then she called the whole thing off.
"Not really."
"Can I ask why? Or is that a little too personal?"
Poison hesitated for a moment, then continued with the story. "In a nutshell, I said some other girl's name when we were making out."
"Are you fucking serious?" She cracked a smile.
Poison smirked, realizing the moment was actually quite hilarious. "Yup, I am fucking serious."
"Whose name did you even say in the first place? I didn't know you were crushing on anyone."
"I-I can't remember." He lied.
"We both know that's bull shit, of course you fucking remember. Whose name did you say?"
"It doesn't matter, Ace."
Acid jokingly pouted. "Pretty please will you tell me?"
"Let's just say that the girl whose name I said is someone who I've been thinking about a lot lately."
"I'm not gonna get it out of you, am I?"
"Nope."
"Fine. You always were fuckin' stubborn, I guess that hasn't changed in five years."
"Yeah, I guess I still am stubborn."


The ride back to the diner wasn't as lively as the drive to the Black Market. The dark sky was starless, but Acid still found herself looking up through the window.
Poison glanced at her, noticing she'd been staring outside the window for a while.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."
"What're you staring at?"
"The sky. It sounds stupid, but I miss the stars. I've not seen them in a few months."
"Yeah, I guess it's been a while."
Acid pulled her eyes away from the sky and glanced at the steering wheel when she noticed something.
Acid's eyes were buldging slightly, worry began to creep up inside her.
"Poison?"
"Yeah?"
"Why the fuck are we low on gas?"
Poison looked at the gas levels only to see that she was right, they only had enough gas to drive for about another mile.
"Aw fuck."
"What do we do?"
"I don't know, we'll probably have to get in touch with the guys back at the diner and have them come out."
"Poison, it's almost ten o'clock and it takes three hours to get from the diner to here."
"Your point?"
"They won't come out, there's more Draculoids around in the Zones at night."
He arched an eye brow. "Why?"
"Think about it, during the day it's ridiculously hot. While temperatures are freezing at night, Better Living's statics say that more Killjoys move around at night than they do during the day. Because of that, they've started sending more Dracs out at night than they do during the day. It's already dangerous enough out here as it is, we can't put them in even more fucking danger."
"Well we'll have to call them in the morning then."
She huffed, completely unimpressed. "Do you have a map of the Zones?"
He pulled one out from his jeans and handed it to her.
She studied the map, seeing where they were in relation to a little abandoned building she knew was in the Zone.
"Would you say we have enough gas for about half a mile down the road?"
He nodded.
"Then I know where we can stay. I'll give you directions."
Poison obeyed her and started driving down the road, turning whenever Acid told him to.
It wasn't long before they arrived to an old wooden building. There wasn't much left of it. Acid was surprised it was even still standing since it'd even been in terrible condition the last time she was there.
She climbed out of the car and started grabbing jackets and blankets about of the back to keep them warm.
"How'd you know about this place?"
"Back when I was still working for Better Living, I came here once with a different Killjoy. I can't believe this place is still here, it looked fucking awful the last time I saw it. Can't be picky though."
"True. It kinda makes you glad the diner's still in a pretty decent condition."
Acid opened the cracked wooden door, it shrieked painfully as she pushed it. She started laying down blankets on the floor and huddled herself under blankets. Poison remained standing.
"I guess this is home for the night."
"Guess so."
"Did you not fill the car up with more gas before we left?"
"No, but in my defense, I put in a fuck load and thought there'd still be enough."
"You should've filled it up."
He found himself getting slightly irritated. "Look, I didn't know, okay?"
"Fine. Just know when the car's low next time."
The fairly decent mood had been completely ruined for the both of them.
Poison decided to get a cigarette out from his back pocket. He place the cancer stick in between his lips then lit it up with his lighter.
Acid glared. "Are you trying to get me pissed or something?"
"What did I do?"
"You lit a cigarette."
"You smoke, I don't see what the big deal is."
"I smoked. I quit, remember?"
"Well, I'm a little stressed out since the fucking car ran out of gas."
"Smoke outside, Poison."
"Why?"
"Because I'm not comfortable with it." The anger was getting stronger in her voice.
"Ace, it's one fucking cigarette. Just let me finish this then if I want another, I'll go outside."
"Poison, just go outside and smoke there. That's all I'm asking you to do, it's not exactly that hard."
"It's cold in here, but it's fucking freezing out there. I'm not going, Ace. Just deal with it."
She sighed. She didn't want to spend the night with him, not to mention the fact that she was freezing cold. She tucked herself into a tight ball to try and lock in any heat that her body actually had. Poison noticed this.
"You cold?"
She just nodded.
He took off his jacket and gave it to her, she was hesitant to accept it.
"Ace, I know you're pissed, but it's a jacket. Just fucking take it."
"Oh so you're being nice to me now? Can't you just decide whether you want to be pissed with me or be nice?"
"You know, maybe if you made an effort to decide how you want to feel about me, it'd be easier for me to decide too."
"I've tried being nice and you've hardly ever returned it."
"Whatever makes you sleep at night, sugar."
She scoffed. "Fucking typical, you're just being an asshole again. And don't call me sugar."
He sighed. "Whatever happened to the truce for Bandit's sake?"
"Well Bandit isn't here right now." She snapped.
"Oh so it's all bull shit when she isn't here? It's okay to fight when she isn't there to hear us?"
She sighed, realizing what'd she had said. "No . . . I just snapped, I'm sorry." It was a soft murmur.
He paused, inhaling the chemicals from the cigarette. "It's okay." He exhaled.
She laughed to herself slightly.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing. I just remembered a time when we didn't fight over little things like fucking cigarettes."
"When was that?" He joked, trying to soften the mood slightly.
She wore a small smile on her lips. "I'm being serious. We used to be happy once upon a time."
"Then it all came crashing down."
"Thanks to Better Living."
Poison fished the cigarette then folded his arms to try and stay warm.
"What're you doing?"
"Trying to keep warm, what does it look like?"
"Don't be stupid, you're not even wearing a jacket, I'm wrapped in several blankets and I'm fucking freezing, come here."
He was hesitant, but decided it'd be better if he got in the blankets with her.
She shared them with him, trying to keep both of them warm.
"Warmer now?"
He nodded. "A little, yeah."
"Good."
Acid lay down on her back, her body was almost touching Poison's. She could feel the heat from his body touching hers.
"Poison?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you ever think about the past?"
"All the time."
"What do you think about?"
"The happier times like when Mikey and I were kids, when we defeated Better Living, when we were happy . . . stuff like that. Do you think about it?"
"Yeah, I do. I guess I think about the same things," she sighed. "What about the future, do you ever think about that?"
"Nope."
"Why not?"
"Because it scares me a little. I don't even know if I'm gonna be alive this time in a few years. I'd rather just think about the present than think about the fact I could be six feet under this time next year."
"I think about Bandit's future a lot."
He turned his head to look at her, she did the same thing and let their eyes lock. "You do?"
"Yup, I do. I want her to be happy. I want her to live in a world without Better Living again."
"I do too."
"And I want to be happy again. I want find someone again."
"Can you keep a secret?" He wondered.
"Of course I can."
"You still wanna know the girl's name I said when I was with Pheonix?"
"Yeah, I do."
He took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling again. He couldn't look at her when he told her the truth. "It was you."
Her eyes widened. She didn't see that one coming. "What?"
"Pheonix was on top of me, kissing my neck and I said your name, Ace." He continued to stare at the ceiling.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"You don't exactly go up to someone and say 'hey, when I was about to fuck someone, I moaned your name instead of theirs'."
"D-do you still have feelings for me?"
He plucked up the courage to look at her. "I think I do." He answered truthfully.
She sighed. "Where was this a few months ago?"
"Why a few months ago?"
"Because I didn't know Curse a few months ago."
His heart stung. "Do you wanna be with him that much?"
"I don't know what I want, Poison. Do you even know what you want? Or are you undecided?"
"I know there are still feelings there for you and half the time, I wish that we were still together. I also know I don't want a committed relationship. Not right now at least."
"Why do you have to do this to me? Every time I think we can be friends and move on, you either kiss me or tell me you may or may not still have feelings for me. It confuses me the fuck out and I feel like I can't move on when you drop shit like that on me."
"You're the one who wanted to know whose name I said."
"I didn't think it was gonna be me."
"Oh c'mon, who else did you think it was? I know you feel what I feel when we kiss. It's like we've not even been apart for five years. It's like every little cell in your body suddenly has electricity running through it and you never want it to end. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel that, Ace. I dare you to."
She looked him in the eyes, but she couldn't bring herself to tell him because he'd just summed up exactly how she felt about him when they kissed
"You can't do it, can you?"
"No. I can't." It was her turn to answer him truthfully. "So where does all this leave us, huh?"
"I don't know." He faced her again, realizing how close they actually were. "But right now . . . I feel like I did five years ago."
She could feel tears starting to burn in her eyes.
"Ace, why are you crying?" His voice was full of a mixture of worry and sympathy for her.
"Because it's too late for us. I might have a shot at a happy relationship with Curse. We've had our chance at a relationship and we've fucked it up too many times. We can't put each other through that same pain again when we fuck up. We can't put Bandit through that." As the crying got worse, the urge for Poison to comfort her grew stronger.
"Ssh, ssh, it's okay." He pulled her close to him as she cried into her chest.
"If there wasn't so much shit that came along with a relationship with you, I'd want to be with you. We just can't do it."
"Look at me," she looked up at him. "I want you to be happy Ace. I want you to do what makes you happy, so don't think about what I want. Don't think about what Curse wants, just think about what you want to do. Just for one second, think about that."
"I want you." She said it without thinking.
He paused for a moment, staring at her before slowly leaning in to press his lips to hers. She didn't stop him. She let the kiss happen, then joined in when her desire for him started growing stronger.
She tangled her fingers in his hair, the heat from his body cured the goose bumps that were on her body just a few minutes ago.
His hand rested on hip while the other one cupped her cheek softly. Her tongue played with his, the passion increased dramatically.
Her hands moved down to his chest, she gripped the t-shirt he was wearing firmly. Poison moved so that he was lying on top of Acid's body, but he never broke their liplock. He desperately craved her touch, there wasn't any way he was going to break it.
Poison's hand trailed down from her hip to her thigh, his fingers played with the hem of her skirt gently.
Acid moaned slightly into his mouth, it only encouraged him to go further and Acid found herself wanting him to go further. Whenever they got passionate, she was selfish. She didn't care about what anyone else thought of her and Poison, she didn't care who it would effect when she was that lost in the moment with him. All she cared about was Poison and herself.
Acid knew if she didn't stop herself soon, she wouldn't be able to stop at all. But Acid didn't want to stop. While she knew that there would be consequences to what they were about to do, she needed Poison and she wanted him to go further. She wanted to be close to him and as they said, the aftermath was secondary.
She slowly pealed away his jacket, forcing Poison to break the kiss. He pressed his forehead against hers and closed his eyes.
"You're sure this is what you want?"
She didn't reply, she just crushed her lips against his. He easily accepted what she wanted to do, he wanted just as much as she did.
Acid took off Poison's shirt, after that their clothes seemed to disappear fairly quickly.
Poison's hands were becoming familiar with Acid's body again, he memorized every curve with his hands and remembered how beautiful she was.
He looked down at Acid, her dark hair was spread out on the blanket messily. There were strands blocking her face slightly from him. He brushed them away softly with his finger tips.
"You really want this?"
She just nodded, her cold green eyes were melting into his hazel ones.
Acid prepared herself for the moment he'd entered her, she'd not had sex in five years. She was expecting there to be a little pain along with the pleasure.
Poison slowly slid into her, while the main was minimal, it still earned a slight groan in pain from her. He continued to slide slowly in and out while her arms were wrapped around his torso.
Her nails dug into his back slightly, it wasn't painful for Poison at all. If anything, he enjoyed it.
Every feeling Acid had ever felt while she was with Poison came rushing back as he made love to her, it fed the old spark inside her she received when she was around him. She felt truly alive again.


So, what do you guys think is gonna happen next after that? ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story