Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Venom

Venom

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

They're equal, her bark and her bite. Both painful.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-03-30 - 1157 words

0Unrated
My adopted mother was a bit.....cross. Many people have told me that her bark was worse than her bite. But they don't know her. Not like I do. Her bark and bite were equal.

Behind closed doors, the woman scared me to death. She liked to keep me down with her words. And when they didn't work, she'd use the switch.

Just thinking of it whistling through the air to hit me made me flinch. She looked at me now, her ocean blue eyes holding a warning. "Something wrong, Frank?" Her voice made my skin crawl.

"No, Ms. Jo." I stayed behind her, my head bowed in silence as we walked through the super market. Until I felt a rough hit to my left side and gasped, tumbling into a display table.

"Are you okay?" a voice I'd never heard before asked me. I couldn't make sense of it. Who would care?

I looked into the face of an angel. His hair was short and black, shiny as silk. And hie eyes met mine, full of worry and fear. Was he scared of me, or that I could be hurt? But, at that point, I didn't really care. It made my heart swell.

"Frank, look at the mess you made." I heard Ms. Jo's voice and my blood seemed to rot in my veins. A set of hands pulled me back to my feet, much too large to be Ms. Jo's.

"Oh no, miss. That was all me. I wasn't watching where I was going and tripped. Probably over my own feet." he sighed and brushed off his uniform shirt. "It was nice to meet you Frank. I hope I can see you again soon. What school do you go to?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and from the corner of my eye, I saw Ms. Jo raise her eyebrows. "W-where do you go?" I stuttered, clinging to my arm, my fingers pulling hard at the flesh under my shirt.

It was sure to leave bruises. "I go to Bensay High, but I don't think I've ever seen you around there." he said brightly. I shook my head.

This stage boy was making me forget about Ms. Jo standing not five feet from us. Almost. I could still feel the pressure of her glare on the side of my face.

And to think, if he could do this with just a few simple words, what could he do if we were to become friends? Or maybe even more that that...?

A hand I recognized clamped down over my free wrist. Ms. Jo must have seen the hope in my eyes as I looked at him.

She pulled me away and down the isles. I looked back at the boy, who's name I hadn't learned. "Ms. Jo?"

"What?" he voice was as toneless as ever. I bit my lip and flinched at it.

"M-may I go to school?" she stopped, making me slam into her back. I would have fallen if I hadn't put my leg back at the last moment. She stood there, like someone had frozen her. "M-s. Jo?" I asked fearfully, my hand moving out to touch her shoulder.

"We will talk about this at home, Frank." I gasped at the suddenness of her answer. She was mad. She had to be.

"Yes, Ms. Jo." I whispered. We got everything we needed at the house and checked out, heading outside into the balmy air that hung around New Jersey in the spring.

In all honesty, I wanted to run through the isles until I found that boy again. I didn't want to go back with this evil woman.

As we turned to head for the car, I saw him again. He was leaning up against the far wall where we'd parked, his foot pressed against the wall like his back.

A long puff of smoke escaped his mouth a second before he lifted the burning cigarette back up to his mouth, taking it so easily between his lips. He didn't even notice us, his head tipped toward the sky as if he were watching the stars that were blurred out by the sun.

I saw the little gleam on his shirt and looked at it as he lowered his arm. The sun had bounced off of his name tag and now gone as the surface no longer held the right angle needed to capture the full spectrum of the sun's harsh rays.

And I saw it. The six little letters that formed his name. And yet, it seemed more than six letters.

It seemed like I was seeing my whole future before me. The six amazing letters formed one amazing name. Gerard.

Not paying much attention, I got into the car and shut the door a second before Ms. Jo reached over and, with the back of her hand, slapped me back into reality. "Frank, you had the face of a fool. I had to slap it off of you." she said as she started up the car.

"Thank you." I kept my emotions down, but I didn't wipe them away. I was hopeful. Maybe she would let me go to Bensay.

Maybe she'll let me befriend Gerard. And maybe Gerard....could save me.

And if he couldn't. If she wouldn't let me, I suppose then I will truly be lost forever.











So I've been working on this since like Monday, and every time I would try to work on it, I'd get pulled away for something that didn't even matter. I did get a new phone though, which I still have to get used to.

Almost got it all under control in my life. Though I might not be able to write a whole lot later on in April, around the 20th.

If any of you remember me talking about STARS last year, welp, it's bout time for another STARS. And this time I'm almost certain I'll get in. And I'm a senior, so I have more songs I have to learn and the dancing and oh my goddess I need to stop before I make myself sick.

But what I'll be auditioning with three songs. Thousand Years by Cristina Perri as a solo, Monster by Meg and Dia as a duet with my friend and then Secrets by Onerepublic with a group of my best friends.

But the issue. I have anxiety singing in front of people for things like that. Auditions and such.

It gets to the point to where I start to shake and I can't breathe and I can't really function. And trust me, I've tried to force myself.

But I just...shut down. If that makes any sense. Which it probably doesn't ~sigh~ Anyway, enough of that.

R+R and ye, there will be more to this and everything else you all love and hate me for not updating for like EVER.

Hugs and JumpDrives,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story