Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Freak Like Me

Chapter nine

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-04-10 - Updated: 2013-05-10 - 770 words

0Unrated
“You`re insane!” I yell as I stumble backwards. “You think I want to become a vampire slave?! No way. ”
The ringmaster shrugs, clearly growing tired of the conversation. “Then your friend will die.” He says simply, with no emotion.
I stop retreating backwards. “Please,” I beg, plead, whatever you want to call my pathetic grovelling, “there has to be another way, another option. Anything else. Money, I can give you all my life savings, all my college funds all-“
“Money is of very little interest to me, Frankie. If you wish to save your friend, then becoming my half vampire assistant is the only way.”
“What if I-“
“This is the only offer on the table; if you want to save your friend you must join me. Otherwise, we have nothing left to discuss.”
I gulp and think it all over several times, mulling over my two equally unappealing options in my mind. I wanted to run away as fast as my little legs could carry me, but if I did that then Mikey would die, post likely a painful, horrible death as the venom overcame him. And it would be all my fault. The question was did I feel guilty enough to exchange my life for his? Mikey was a troublemaker, a cocky, hard headed bastard most of the time who loved to torture people with his smartass comments and attitude. Was he really worth such a deal? His beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me with love and joy and one of his rare genuine smile flash through me mind.
Yes. Yes, he was.
“I-If I became a vampire would I have to kill people?”
Gerard scoffs, eyes darkening. “Some of our kind do, some don’t. Those who do are known by us as Vampaneeze. It would be your choice.”
I nod. “Tell me more.”
Gerard leans forward from his perch on the edge of the stage, intrigued. “You are interested I see. As my assistant you will guard me while I sleep, be my eyes and ears during the day, you will look after Madam Octa and see to my every little need.”
It didn’t sound fun, it sounded exhausting, not to mention boring and rather like slavery.
“And in return I shall blood you, turn you into a half vampire. You will have some of our powers, but not all. I will teach you the ways of our world and how to survive in it undetected.”
I sigh, rubbing at the corner of my left eye to try and wipe away my tears before the vampire noticed them. “It isn’t much of a choice you’re giving me, you know. Mikey`s life for my servitude.”
He smiles sadly, perfectly white teeth gleaming in the darkness of the room. “I know, but that is how it is.”
“F-Fine. I`ll do it.”
And with this four tiny little words I signed my life away.
I take a deep breath. “How do we do it?” I really didn’t want to know. It was sure to be agonisingly painful and slow and torturous and…I’m really not making things better here.
“We exchange blood. It is very simple. Now give me your hands.” He says this while pressing the nails of his left hand into the fleshy fingertips of his right then does the same for the other hand. Thick red blood oozed from the cuts, making my stomach churn. I was hopeless when it came to blood at guts, would that soon change?
Trembling I hold up my hands and he gives my fingers the same treatment. It stings, but I say nothing as he sensually takes one into his warm, wet mouth, testing some of my blood. I blush, and duck behind my hair. This was so not the right time.
“You have excellent blood. This will work.”
And then the pain begins.
He presses his hands to mine, and I know it was probably just my wild imagination, but I can actually feel his toxic blood flowing into my cut hands and beginning to poison my bloodstream. We stay joined for a few minutes, a lot less then I had expected and Gerard licks his fingertip, closing the wounds. I squeak when he does the same to me, and I swear that he was taking an extra long time on purpose because he knew it made me blush.
“That`s it?” I didn’t feel any different apart from my cheeks were a little heated.
He smiles lopsidedly and it makes me knees buckle so inappropriately.
“That’s it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story