Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Let the Bells Ring

by Razor2Rosary 0 reviews

A Little Frerard

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-04-11 - Updated: 2013-04-11 - 633 words - Complete

3Funny
Disclaimer: This wasn't meant to offend anyone! Sorry if it does! (I mean the general church stuff.) Thanks! :)


"Glory to Cheese in the highest, and peace to the crackers of Earth."

Gerard quirked one eyebrow as he sang along in tune in his church's children's choir. Was someone singing the wrong lyrics to the hymn? Out of the corner of his eye, Gerard snuck a glance at the kid next to him. To his surprise, their eyes caught and the kid winked at Gerard, who promptly averted his gaze and fought back a grin.

Gerard had seen this kid, named Frank, around a bit - but then again, who hadn't? He stuck out like a sore thumb. His hair was cut into a sort of mohawk: blonde and short on the sides, long and black and stringy down the middle and flopped to one side. He wore beaten black Converse, ripped black jeans, a black dress shirt, thick black eyeliner, and chipped black nailpolish. Despite the common trend, Gerard could tell Frank was wearing a blood-red tie under his choir robe. And, as expected in this modest New Jersey church, all the goody-goody kids and the judgmental elders avoided him. Gerard didn't, though. He figured that maybe Frank would have been scarier if he wasn't so short, but to be honest, his size made him kind of cute in a weird punk-rock sort of way.

The song soon ended (after Frank had sung his own edited chorus 3 times) and Gerard was shaken out of his  thoughts by the shuffle of everyone sitting down. Next was the priest's long speech, and Gerard knew how it would go: start off with a little anecdote, make the audience feel obligated to laugh, then drone on and on and on about something Gerard would definitely not be listening to. By the looks of it, neither would Frank. Once they sat down, Frank's hand disappeared into his robe and dug around for a second before resurfacing with a black pen.

Gerard subtly watched as Frank began to doodle on the back of his left hand. After a good 10 minutes, Gerard couldn't hold back a smile as Frank finished off his cartoon of a zombie eating the priest. He must have sensed the taller boy looking, though, because he gazed up at him and smirked, wiggling his fingers. Gerard, ashamed that he was caught watching, snapped his head forward again. However, as he stared determinedly straight ahead, Gerard felt the pen slip into his right hand. He shot a questioning glance at Frank, who just grinned up at him and nodded encouragingly. So, being Gerard, Gerard drew a vampire drinking holy water with a daredevil smirk on his pale left forearm.

When Gerard's doodle was done, he nudged Frank and smiled shyly. He was pretty proud of his creation, to be honest. When Frank saw it, he laughed so loud that the priest paused mid-sentence to glance over at his usually silent choir. Not that neither Frank nor Gerard cared. In fact, they proceeded to draw on their own arms and each others' to pass the time. After a good hour and a few more hymns, the mass was over and everyone stood up to leave.

Gerard hesitated before turning to Frank. "Will I see you again next Sunday?" he asked, partially hiding his face behind his long black hair.

In response, Frank just smirked and took a hold of Gerard's arm, scribbling a phone number on the minimal amount of non-inked skin left - between two giant monsters reading the Bible over an afternoon tea. "You bet," he called over his shoulder before he ran down the aisle, earning him contemptuous glares from the church-goers, but an endearing gaze from Gerard.

And the church bells began to ring.
Sign up to rate and review this story