Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Frost Bitten

Frost Bitten

by lalatherapist16 4 reviews

She shouldn't exist. And I shouldn't be able to see her.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-11 - 879 words

1Original
She was following me, never close enough for her chill to lap my skin and raise frost, but not far enough that I didn't feel her icy presence. What she didn't know is that I could see her.

I could see every magical creature around us every day. Goblins, fae, nymphs, sprites, brownies, trolls, orcs and everything.

But she...was not like them. She had to be from the winterlands up north, in Canada. What she was doing in this warmth made me suspicious.

And how she was surviving in our Jersey heat made me fearful. She was a frost girl. I'd seen a few before, down here when snow.blanketed the state in the dead of winter, ice forming under their bare feet.

But none had noticed me, let alone followed me. And she was strong. She had to be to keep from melting or something.

She paused outside of the piercing shop as I walked in, smoking in the refuge of metal around me. "Hey Frankie. Back to get the other done?" Blackberry - nobody in town knew him as this - reached across the counter with a gloved hand and took my lip between his fingers.

"Nah. Heard you got new bars and rings in. Came to look, man, came to look!" I nipped at his finger, making him withdraw his hand.

I bounced in place as he brought over the cases full of rings. "I like the steel ones." I pointed at some light silver liprings. "I'll get a couple of those." He opened up a box and pulled out a little pack of three metal rings.

"Ten bucks." He said. I got the bill out of my wallet and handed it to him. He handed me the pack, which I slipped into my pocket. He leaned against the counter, looking at me with those dark eyes.

"You sure about us?" He asked again.

"What about us?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"What I asked you a while ago." He sighed, not enjoying the dumb lines I was pulling.

"Blackberry..." I sighed. "You know why I can't date you." I put my hand over his, feeling his soft heat. "It's not that I don't like you. I do. But I just don't have the time with the new job to be dating yet." I leaned forward and kissed his cheek softly. "Just a little longer, once things settle, I can say yes. But right now.... I don't wanna ruin things, okay?"

"I know." He sighed, kissing me as I pulled away. "Can't blame a guy for trying though." He said against my lips.

"Nope." I smiled and kissed him chastly before I pulled back. "Wanna hang out Saturday? It's my day off." I asked hopefully.

"Do I ever say no to you?" He asked softly, his gloved hand cupping my cheek.

"Sure don't." I kissed his tattooed wrist softly. He stared into my eyes for a long moment.

I made the mistake of letting my eyes flicker to the shop window. It had a layer of ice over it, blurring the outside world.

She did it. She was standing there, her hand pressed against the glass, sending a fresh wave of ice over the first. Blackberry's eyes followed mine, bugging open as he saw the ice.

"What the fuck happened to my window?!" He gasped, tuning to come out from behind the counter. He didn't see the frost girl.

He was lucky for that. Yes, she was beautiful, but her beauty was frightening. Her skin was white as snow and her eyes were the whitest shade of blue I'd ever seen.

Her hair looked like it'd been spin from ice, long, thin and a clear-white. Only her lips had a slight trace of color. They were a dark shade of blue-black.

Not the color of some lipstick. The color of someone who's frozen to death. I shuddered at that thought and took a deep breath. "I should go. Let you handle this." I waves at the window.

"Oh thanks for the help." He slapped my butt as I passed him. I grinned at him.

"None of that now. Wait for Saturday." I winked at him. He laughed, his voice low and smooth, making the hairs on the back of my neck raise.

"Is that a promise?" He purred, making my heart race.

"You bet." I winked at him and left the shop. The frost girl followed me, closer now, her cold covering my body now.

I heard her voice softly, like the first snowfall. "You'll be mine soon." Her hand B.C. brushed over the back of my.neck, raising goosebumps and making me shiver.

Acting like any normal human would, I looked around in confusion, my eyes passing over her frozen face, and turned back in the direction I was heading. She can't know I can see her.

None of them can know I see them. If they did....

I would die.







So a little something random for no real reason. We had a frost storm in my city and I just kinda though of this.

So R+R and all that and I will see you guys later! (I have a book to read for English)

Hugs and Deepfried Pickles (SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!)
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story