Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Ever Look Back

Red Alert

by lalatherapist16 1 review

A breech?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-21 - 957 words

1Exciting
That night, the whole group had dinner made by a girl who's name I hadn't learned yet. Then Ren took us to a huge room that had a couple hammocks and a few palate beds on the floor. "You guys can stay here. If you need anything, my room is E104." she said easily.

We fell asleep as soon as we laid down, the girls on the floor, me, Mikey and Frankie up in the hammocks. Around midnight, a loud siren woke me up, making me jump and flip out of the hammock.

The girls were covering their ears. I walked over them and opened the door. There was a bright flashing red light. "System breech! System breech!" the speaker in the room called. "Sector five. Ten over."

I heard the sound of running feet as the others came over to me. "Stay here!" I called. Bandit took my hand. "No baby!" I tied to get her to go back in the room.

She clung to me. "Frankie, Mikey, stay with the twins!" I finally gave up and pulled Bandit with me down the hall.

Ren, Cass and Emma were running past me so fast they blurred. I followed them. "No!" Ren yelled. "Stay inside!" They kicked open the doors and ran out. Bandit and I watched through the glass.

There were ten zombies limping toward the school, already in the grounds. The three girls ran at them, slicing them down and beating them to pieces. All I saw was Ren though.

Her sword flashing in the red light that filled the school, flying in the air at necks, torsos, limbs. She spun, throwing the zombie speared on her sword at one that was backing Emma up, sending it across the grass.

She pounced after them cutting them to shreds. Cass swung at the three that were going after Ren as she shredded, sending three heads flying through the air like volley balls. The five left all closed in.

"Move!" a harsh voice made me press against the wall. Three girls in shorts and tee shirts ran past us outside, each holding some sort of netted stick.

They Ran into the fight, swinging at the dead bodies and jumping over the ones on the ground. "Wow." I heard Bandit breath as she pressed her face to the glass. The six girls took out the breech and stood tall, facing the zombies that beat at the gate and shuffled along behind them.

A fire blazed to life in front of the girls, swallowing a pile of zombies. Ren turned, flicking her sword. In the sudden light, I saw the blood splatter the grass beside her.

She walked back toward us, her stride even and fierce. Her sword went back to it's case in her other hand as she walked, her face calm.

"Hi guys." she smiled at us. "I'll be right back in a minute." She ran around a corner and up a flight of stairs.

The lights stopped flashing and the halls went silent. "Threat destroyed. Lock down complete." the voice said as calmly as before. Ren came back, her face slightly red.

"Sorry, Amanda would have let the lock down go all night if I hadn't gone up there." She sighed. "You can go back to sleep now." she smiled at us.

"Ren, can I stay in your room?" Bandit asked softly. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She didn't seem afraid of Ren either.

She looked at her like she had her mother after she came off of the stage at her shows. Like she was the most amazing person ever. "Maybe later, kiddo. Tonight you should stay with your family, kay?" she crouched in front of Bandit. "We can make it a little slumber party." she smiled.

"Okay." Bandit sounded crushed. Ren gave her a little kiss on her forehead and stood up easily.

"Night you two." she walked down the dark hall and turned into a room. I watched after her.

"Daddy?" Bandit asked softly. I looked down at her. "Can we stay here with Ren and the others?" she asked, swaying on her feet slightly.

"Sure baby." I picked her up and put her on my back. She put her arms around my neck and fell asleep. I carried her back to our room.

Frankie and Mikey looked at us. I lowered Bandit back into her makeshift bed and pulled the covers over her. Cherry and Lily were already asleep again. "What happened?" Frankie whispered.

I climbed back into my hammock before I answered. "I was useless. And I think Bandit likes Ren more than me."

"I doubt that, Gerard." I looked at Mikey.

"I don't. She asked to stay with her tonight." I sighed.

"Maybe she misses having an older woman with her?" Frankie whispered, looking over the girls. "I know Cherry and Lily miss their mom." I heard the tears in his voice. "I sure do."

"I know what you mean." I hadn't thought of LynZ for a long time. I didn't let myself.

It's been four years since she died, and I can't keep going back to the past. Not when the future we had was already so bleak.

I rolled over, facing the wall. "Let's stay here guys." I said softly. They each grunted in agreement and fell asleep.

When I finally fell asleep, I was crying and thinking about my dead wife and my old life. About my sweet daughter. My simple past that I could never get back.








Another chapter and I don't know if I'll be making another right now or maybe a little later. I have some things to handle.

So R+R and all that!

Hugs and Reactors,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story