Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Sailor Moon's Pokemon Journey

Chapter 3

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-04-22 - 5383 words

0Unrated
Sailor Moon's Pokemon Journey

By: USA Tiger

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Pokémon.

Chapter 3

"Jenny!" Joy yelled loudly as Officer Jenny drove through the front doors of the Pokémon Center. "You must stop driving that thing into the center!"

"I'm just dropping off a trainer to make sure Team Rocket doesn't harass her and steal her Meowth," Jenny said, not at all fazed by the Nurse's yelling. Usagi quickly climbed out of the side car, shaking slightly and kissing the floor as she gave prays to Kami-sama under her breath. Chip copied her actions, pressing his front paws together in front of his forehead as he prayed to both Mew and Arceus.

"I think they were more harassed by your driving," Joy muttered under her breath. "Jenny, get that thing out of the center NOW! Here dear, let me help you." Joy hurried around the counter and reached down to help Usagi to her feet. Jenny revved up her police bike then tore out of the center with a squeal of wheels.

"That woman is crazy!" Usagi said after Officer Jenny left. Chip 'nyanned' and nodded his head in agreement. Joy winced slightly behind Usagi's back, it was hardly the first time she had heard someone call Jenny crazy. She knew, from talking to her look-a-like relatives that most of the other Jenny's were nowhere near as rude or a reckless as her friend here. Oh Jenny's heart was in the right place, she was just too gung ho about her job.

"She means well," Joy said in half defense of her friend. "She's just... over enthusiastic about her job." Usagi still thought the teal hair woman had been nuts but dropped the subject. "Is there anything I can do for your Pokémon?"

Usagi blinked and looked down at Chip before slowly shaking her head as the cat looked fine to her.

"We were only in one fight and he didn't get hurt any," She explained, looking back up at Joy.

"Well alright, if you need anything let me know" Nurse Joy said as she headed back to the counter where another trainer was waiting. Usagi looked around the cheerful looking room and spotted the phones along the wall. She figured she better call professor Oak. As she sat down in the seat, Chip jumped up onto her shoulder so he could watch the screen along with her.

*

"Yes yes, I'm coming," Oak said as he hurried over to his phone that was ringing off the hook. He picked up the receiver and watched the video screen lit up, smiling as he recognized Usagi. "Ah Usagi! I see you safely made it to Viridian City."

"Well I made it but I wouldn't say safely," Usagi said over the other end, a sweat drop appearing on the side of her head. "This crazy cop lady gave me a ride when I reached the city limits to this center but she drives worse than Minako does."

"Ah, you've met Officer Jenny then," Oak said with a nod of his head. "Don't worry dear, the other Officer Jenny's are not as bad of a driver as her."

"Others?" Usagi asked, blinking. "Is Jenny a title or something?"

"Err... just wait until you reach Pewter City to see what I mean," Oak sweat dropped, Usagi was going to be in for a surprise when she saw that there were many Jenny and Joy's who looked the same all around Indigo Islands.

"If you say so," Usagi said, curious but dropped it for now. "I guess I just called to let you know I'm at the next town. I didn't catch any other Pokémon creatures."

"That's alright; there is plenty of time for you to catch a second Pokémon for your team. Next is Viridian Forest, it may take a couple of days to make your way through so be prepared to do some camping," Oak warned Usagi, finger pointing at her through the screen.

"I have the sleeping bag Mary gave me; I think I'll be alright," Usagi said not too sure herself but not really having much of a choice.

"Owth, meowth," Chip patted Usagi's shoulder comfortably, letting her know he would watch after her.

"Well you and Meowth," Oak said, arms crossed over his chest before he was interrupted by Usagi.

"Chip," She said, making the older man blink at her in confusion. "His name is Chip."

"Oh, I see," Oak nodded his head understanding. "Fine name. As I was saying, you and Chip seem to have things well in hand. I will let Delia know you are alright, she was asking about you."

"Oh, yeah I met her yesterday, she told me where you home was," Usagi explained.

"Ah, I guessed as much. That reminds me, maybe you should look into registering as a trainer for the Pokémon league, it could get you into places to learn both about any information you might need about getting home that you couldn't get into otherwise," Oak suggested. "Just speak to Nurse Joy about it; she'll be able to guide you through it."

"I'll keep that in mind. I think someone else is waiting to use this vid-phone thing, so I need to go," Usagi glanced to the side where she could see a 10 year old girl standing a distance away, waiting.

"Well good luck Usagi-san," Oak said before the screen when black. "Hmm... perhaps I should have told her I sent Gary to look after her as well. Oh well, my grandson will explain it to her and exploring the world from a stand point of Pokémon watcher rather than a trainer will do him some good," he said to himself, nodding his head.

***

"Now all you have to do is load your Pokédex in here and you'll be able to challenge gym leaders for badges. If you get at least 8, you will be allowed to enter the yearly completion with other trainers for the right to challenge the Elite Four," Joy explained as she showed Usagi how to register for the Pokémon league.

"And who are the Elite Four?" Usagi asked as she put her pink Pokedex into the slot pointed out.

"Oh, they are the best of the best. If you are able to defeat them, you'll be named a Pokémon Master the highest title a trainer can have," Joy sighed, hands clasped in front of her chest. "There are 4 groups of Elite, Kanto and Johto share Elite since Indigo Plateau where they are located is between the two regions. Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova each have their own Elite. Dragon Master Lance is sooo dreamy." Usagi giggled softly at the moon struck look Joy had on her face. "Oh, and then you have to battle the Pokémon champion, a Pokémon Master who defeated the Elite four and is always the final challenge for trainers."

"Thank you for your help," Usagi said as she took her Pokedex back after the machine spit it back out.

"My pleasure," Joy said, standing and turning as she heard the door of the center open. "I'll be with you in a moment, if your Pokémon need healing, just give them to Chansey," she called. "Well it seems I must get back to work. If you are staying the night, the bathroom and showers are in the back and the cots are in a side closet, just ask a Chansey to show you where." After Usagi nodded in understanding, Joy left to go back behind the counter.

"Meowth?" Chip asked as he jumped into Usagi's lap. "Owth, me meowth"

"You seem excited about this gym thing," she noted. Chip grinned and gave her a 'V for victory' before posing. It was very exciting for him, it would prove that he was a strong Pokémon partner and had a talented trainer.

"Gary! How wonderful to see you again, it's been awhile since you've come to visit," Usagi looked up, craning her neck to look back at the desk.

"Yeah, it's been a while. I've been helping gramps lately," Gary said, a bit of a smirk as he leaned against the counter. "But he thinks I should go back out into the world as a watcher and I sort of lost track of my travel companion."

"Oh, who was it? Maybe they came this way," Joy said.

"Err, a bit shorter than me, really long blond hair pulled up in twin ponytails," Gary reached up and made fists on top of his head. "Coming out of balls on her head. She's got a Meowth."

"Oh, you mean Usagi-san! She's in the back; I didn't realize she was traveling with you. Much better than those girls you was with the first time," Joy said, pointing back the way Usagi was. "Oh, there she is!" She said as she saw Usagi walking up, Chip draped over her shoulder.

"Usagi! There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you since we got separated on the road!" Gary said as he quickly walked over to Usagi, grabbing her arm and dragging her toward the tables in the far corner before she had a chance to answer.

"Gary-chan, what are you going on about?" Usagi asked as Gary pushed her to sit down at the table. "We never got separated, you was at your grandfathers when I left."

"I know that, but everyone else needs to think we're traveling together to begin with," Gary said as he sat down across from the other teen. Chip jumped off of Usagi's shoulder and sat down on the table top with his tail curled around his feet. "For your protection. Gramps decided it would be a much better idea if ya had someone to help ya adjust to our world and as Tracy isn't that great of a choice and Mary isn't any sort of trainer, that left me."

"Why did he suddenly decide that? He seemed fine with me going off on my own before," Usagi said, feeling a bit better that she wouldn't be alone in a world she knew nothing about.

"Well, he got to thinking after you left and that's when he decided to send me after ya. Plus, it's true what I told Nurse Joy, he thought I could use this as time to see the world as a watcher, not a trainer," Gary said arms crossed over his chest. "Gramps got a point, since you ain't from here, ya wouldn't know some stuff that's would be very, very common to everyone else and it makes ya stick out like a sore thumb. So I grabbed my Pokémon’s pokeballs and left."

"Well, I guess I do feel better about that, I couldn't even catch a Pokémon today," Usagi said. "Tell the truth, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the idea. This whole thing is like something out of a video game or some sort of anime sometimes."

"Don't feel bad about battling and capturing Pokémon, if they didn't want to stay caught, believe me, ya know," Gary said. "A Pokémon can escape their pokeballs if they really wanted to."

"That's another thing that sort of bothers me, stuff such lager animals into tiny balls," Usagi crossed her arms over her chest.

"Oh, don't worry about that. The Pokeballs convert the Pokémon into a type of energy and keeps then in a sort of stasis state. They're aware of what's going on outside the pokeball and you can't keep them in there all the time, they need to eat after all. It only works on Pokémon, that's how energy thing doesn't affect humans or normal animals," Gary explained. "Pokémon and Humans have been working and living together for centuries."

"And they're fine with fighting and being stuffed into balls?" Usagi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"A lot of them like to battle, it's in their nature. It's really a competition for them too so see who's the strongest and who has the best trainer," Gray said, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not saying all the Pokémon are like this and not all the Pokémon like being 'stuffed' into tiny balls as you said. My... friend Ash has a Pikachu who hates pokeballs."

"Ash... isn't that Ketchum-san's son?" Usagi asked, the name sounding familiar.

"Yeah, that's him. He was my best friend growing up but... I let the idea of being a Pokémon Master and being the best go to my head," Gary bowed his head slightly. "I already knew so much about Pokémon cause of Gramps, Ash not so much. So I thought I was a much better trainer than him. I caught loads of Pokémon and got almost every badge here in Kanto, even the unofficial ones."

"So what happen after? You're not a trainer now right?" Usagi asked, leaning forward slightly with her hands clasped in front of her.

"Well, I learned Ash was a much better trainer than I was. Yeah I had a lot of Pokémon and badges to prove how good I was but I didn't have the same level of closeness and trust he had with his Pokémon. That Pikachu of his is amazing. I've never seen a Pikachu that powerful and I know from Gramps it's his only Pokémon that's been with him the whole time he's been going. So I ended up returning home and started to learn how to be a researcher, I just didn't have the same drive anymore."

"You looked pretty close to that black dog-looking Pokémon and that tight striped looking dog," Usagi pointed out.

"I caught Umbreon when he was still an Eevee and we just clicked. And Arcanine is one of my more powerful Pokémon and one of my original team members," Gary said with a shrug. "But other than Umbreon, I only brought my Electivire and my Blastoise. And Blastoise was my original starter Pokémon when I first became a trainer, when it was a Squirtle."

"So you two been together a long time," Usagi noted.

"Hmmm. I thought about for a while going to Unova but this was a lot more important," Gary said.

"Unova?" Usagi asked in a questioning tone while blinking her blue eyes in confusion at the unfamiliar name.

"Yeah, it's another region like Kanto and Johto. But, since it's all the way near North American, it's not on the map Gramps showed you. Kalos is also another region but it’s closer to France," The boy explained. Usagi groaned softly and her head landed on the table with a soft thunk. (1)

"So there's two more regions I've got to go too?" She asked, voice muffled by the table.

"Err, maybe not. I think one of the things we're gonna be looking for in a Legendary classed Pokémon. I've heard stories of time traveling Pokémon. Gramps like to tell me and Mary one where he met a Celebi once."

"And it's a legendary Pokémon I have to find ne?" Usagi asked. Gary nodded his head, arms crossed over his chest.

"Legendaries are the only ones with that sort of power. But honestly, I don't know if any of the Kanto legendaries will be what you’re looking for," He confessed. "Maybe Mew or even... that Pokémon..." Gary tilted his head back as he remembered that day when he challenged the gym in the town they were in the first time.

"Gary?" Usagi asked, trying to get his attention again. "What Pokémon?"

"Well... see. The gym here in Viridian is the last gym you visit before the Pokémon League. Gym leader Giovanni is the strongest gym leader in Kanto and the first time I challenged him for his badge... he had this Pokémon," Gary said, leaning forward so only Usage and Chip could hear him. "It was so weird, not like any Pokémon I've seen or heard of before. It was wearing some sort of cyber-looking armor and you could see the psychic energy around it. I even tired to look it up on my Gramps's computer since he has records of Pokémon from every region."

"Did you find out what it was?" Usagi asked blue eyes wide. Gary shook his head.

"No, I never did. But it was so strong, Giovanni even let me use two of my Pokémon at the same time against it and it just beat them without touching them," Gary said. "Right after that, around the time Ash challenged him, the top of the gym blew up and I saw the Pokémon fly off. The armor it was wearing fell off as it left; I have never seen anything like it."

"So... you think it was some sort of legendary Pokémon?" Usagi squeaked.

"Yeah, it could have been, but it's not in any of the books I've ever seen. I've tried for the last couple of years to find out what it was... and I've come across some rumors but I'm not sure if they're true."

"Rumors?" Usagi asked.

"There's a rumor that the Pokémon has something to do with Mew. Now Mew is known as the strongest Pokémon in the world," Gary explained. "But that thing didn't look like Mew so I have no idea if that's true. But, there's also a rumor that the Pokémon was created by Team Rocket and there's been... speculation that Giovanni is the leader of Team Rocket."

"Speculation? So no one knows if it true?" Usagi said, leaning back in her seat.

"Not really, Giovanni is really rich, he's a big business man around here in Kanto and Johto, so he can buy himself out of any trouble and he's the picture of an ideal business leader," Gary said. "But after going up against that Pokémon... I can't help but feel like it’s true, but I doubt anyone is gonna ever come up with any proof. All I know is that he's got his hands in a lot of things and that Team Rocket has been going strong for years and are always into something. It's mostly strong and rare Pokémon but that's not the only stuff they do."

"That's why your grandfather doesn't want them knowing about me?" Usagi asked.

"Yeah, if half of those stories you told me and Gramps are true, Team Rocket would love to get their hands on you for your power," Gary said. "So we'll just to be careful until we can find a way to get you home. And it's not just team rocket we have to worry about. There are two rival gangs in Hoenn called Team Magma and Team Aqua who may or may not care and there's Team Galactic in Sinnoh who's just as bad as Team Rocket."

"What's with all these gangs?" Usagi asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Don't know, but they make traveling very dangerous, more than it already is," Gary said with a shake of his head. "I never really had to deal with Team Rocket that much when I was traveling at first but since I started helping gramps... No matter where I go, it's something. Ash and his little gang has these two idiots from Team Rocket always following him cause of his Pikachu."

"And nobody arrests them?" Usagi deadpanned in disbelief.

"Every time one does manage to get arrested, they just break out somehow," Gary said with a shrug of his shoulders. "We just need to not draw attention to us and most likely they will leave us alone. Come on, get something to eat, there’s this great dinner down the street." Gary stood and offered a hand to Usagi, helping her up out of the booth. Chip leapt up onto Usagi's shoulder and hitched a ride as they left the Pokémon center.

***

Jaerth scowled slightly as he looked down at the clothing he was forced to wear now that he was on the surface of the planet. It was a far cry from his preferred princely garbs, but what he usually wore would bring to much attention to himself.

'No matter, once I have Serenity's heart, I will be able leave these peasant clothing behind,' He thought as he tugged at the shirt again then turned to the creature... the 'Pokémon' that he had chosen. A gray Pokémon with a darker gray face and feet, its blank golden color eyes looked back at him.

A Poochyena he had found and asserted his control over, it along with the Pokédex thing he had created would trick the simple minded humans of this world that he was one of them and so he would be able to get close to the moon princess by offering himself as a guide.

But first he had another task to perform. Brining Serenity from her world to this one had drained a good bit of the energy stored for his kingdom's use and he needed to refill that energy. He looked around for a Pokémon creature he could turn into a servant to gather the energy for him and spied a Rattata sniffing and digging at something on the ground.

"You will do," Jaerth said as he held his hand out toward the purple rat Pokémon and started to pump dark energy into it. He stepped back as it grew, becoming bulky and standing up on its hind legs. Armor appeared on its forelegs, which had turned into arms, down its back and over its tail. A formfitting helmet appeared on its head and it roared loudly as the transformation was complete, red eyes glowing from under the helmet. "Go into the town and gather the energy I need from the humans."

The transformed Rattata roared again and took off at a run on all fours toward Viridian City.

****

To his credit, Gary didn't even bat an eyelash as Usagi chowed down on her dinner, shoveling the rice and dumplings into her mouth like there was no tomorrow. After all, he had been friends with Ash for years and the boy was just about as bad. Still, Gary thought Usagi could out eat a Munchlax or Snorlax at the rate she was going. Gary also wasn’t stupid enough to say anything about the way Usagi ate either, traveling for almost two years with a group of cheerleaders and not to mention growing up with an older sister taught Gary a few things.

Chip the Meowth on the other hand ate at a much more sedated and less messy pace. The diner, more like restaurant, served both humans and Pokémon which allowed Chip to enjoy Goldeen sushi.

"Ahhh," Usagi said as she sat down her empty bowl, looking very satisfied. "I was starving, that really hit the spot."

"I’m glad you liked it," Gary said as he eyed the other bowls on the table that Usagi devoured food from.

"So what do we do next?" Usagi asked, leaning back in her seat.

"We'll stay the night at the center then start hiking through Viridian Forest tomorrow. We'll see if we can't find you a Pokémon to catch while we're there and since I already know all the paths, we'll reach Pewter City in a couple of days," Gary said as he paid for the meal. Chip licked his chops as he finished the sushi and jumped off the table to the floor, planning on giving himself a bath once they settled down for the night.

The two teens exited the diner and headed in the direction of the Pokémon center.

"So what sorts of Pokémon are in the forest?" Usagi asked.

"Well mostly bug type but you can find Pidgeys, Pikachus, Ratt..." Gary started to say, missing Usagi's nose wrinkling at the thought of catching /bugs/, but was cut off by the screams that were coming their way.

Gary, Usagi and Chip turned to the sound; Usagi gasping as the huge transform Rattata came barreling down the street, chasing scared people and Pokémon alike.

"Stop right there, your under arrest!" Officer Jenny yelled, her bike sliding to a stop in front of the monster-Rattata. She took a pokeball off her belt and pressed the button on front to enlarge it. "Go Growlithe!" The teal hair woman tossed the ball out, which spilt open and a flash of red light shot out, hitting the ground and changing into a small striped dog-like Pokémon.

"Growl!" The Police Growlithe said, growling at the monster Rattata. The Monster Rattata roared and took as swipe at the Growlithe, picking it up and opening its mouth. A glow started to surround the fire Pokémon as its energy was sapped from it.

"No! Growlithe, use Flamethrower!" Jenny yelled. The Growlithe opened it mouth to use the move, but it was drained so quickly that it could only manage a few sparks until it fainted. The Monster Rattata tossed the Pokémon to the side and reached for Jenny next.

Meanwhile, while this was happening, Usagi backed away from the stunned Gary and ran for the nearest alleyway.

'Why am I not surprised that this happened?' She thought to herself, looking around to make sure no one was watching. 'A new enemy shows up and I get sucked into another world and now some sort of monster is sucking people dry of their energy.'

Usagi sighed then held up her broach that contained the Ginzuisho high above her head. It changed into her transformation wand with a flash.

"Silver Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!" She yelled loudly, the wand glowing brightly before she was surrounded by snowy white feathers. A glowing crescent moon appeared on her forehead while her clothing disappeared and her form glowing bright, bit by bit her sailor uniform appearing it its place and her wings settled on her back.

As soon as the transformation was complete, Eternal Sailor Moon leapt up to the top of the building next to her and headed back to the battle.

"Stop right there!" Sailor Moon said loudly, pointing down at the monster Rattata with the moon behind her. "I am the Pretty Sailor Solider, Eternal Sailor Moon. I right wrongs and trumpet over evil. In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!"

The Rattata roared and tossed Jenny aside, rushing at Sailor Moon. Gary ran over to Jenny and helped her to sit up while Chip ran over to check on the Growlithe.

"Are you ok?" Gary asked, looking around as he realized Usagi wasn't with him.

"I'm just... feeling a little... weak," Jenny said with a groan. Gary looked over to the fight as the Rattata skidded and swung its tail around to hit Sailor Moon. She leapt up high into the air, the tail missing her and landed on top of a vending machine. Gary realized that this skimpy dressed girl was Usagi! He also realized looking at the monster again as it lunched at Sailor Moon using a familiar Bite attack and paying attention to how it looked, that the monster had to be a Rattata.

"It's a Rattata!" Gary yelled, helping Jenny us and getting her away from the battle. He hoped the blond knew what she was doing.

Sailor Moon heard Gary; she remembered seeing the little purple rats earlier in the day and knew what to do. She held out her hand, calling her wand to her. It appeared and spun around rapidly, Eternal Sailor Moon powering up her attack as she grabbed the wand in front of her.

"Starlight... Honeymoon... Therapy... Kiss!" She yelled, holding the wand above her head and a dark pink light escaped, rushing in a wave at the monster. It was bathed in the light, giving a faint roar that meant 'Beautiful' before in a flash the monster changed back into a normal Rattata. It collapsed to the ground and all the energy it stole came flying out, going back to where it came from.

Jenny gasped as she felt her strength return to her and Growlithe awoke with a confused "Growl?" Sailor Moon made sure the little Pokémon was alright then leapt away to change back to her civilian form.

"I need... to bring order," Jenny said as she stood up, wobbling a bit then seemed to gain her footing. "Alright Growlithe?" She asked as her poke-partner walked over.

"Growlithe!" Growlithe said standing at the officer's feet. They soon was control the crowd that had gathered, whispers of 'what was that monster' and 'who was that girl' all around.

"So what did I miss?" Usagi asked from behind Gary, making him start and spin around. She was standing a couple of feet away, Chip safely in her arms. Gary grabbed her arm and leaned in close.

"What in the name of Mew was that?" He hissed looking around and noticed that no one seem recognize Usagi as Sailor Moon. Gary dragged Usagi off out of sight of the crowd. "How come no one recognizes you?"

"It's a magical protection field that keeps my identity a secret," Usagi said. "You, Professor Oak and Chip already knew my secret so you were able to see who I was. Otherwise, the only other way is to see me transform."

"That doesn't explain what happen to the Rattata," Gary said, looking back out into the street. The purple Pokémon had long since gotten up and headed back toward the forest while everyone was talking.

"Whoever, or whatever, brought me here I bet is looking to steal energy from people," Usagi said. "It kinda follows a pattern. Bad guy shows up either with a monster that steals energy or is looking for something that turns person into a monster during the search. I was kinda hoping I could avoid this part."

"So the Rattata is ok? And everyone else?" Gary asked.

"Yeah, everyone is back to normal," Usagi assured him.

*****

Jaerth scowled as he felt the gathered energy that his monster had been gathering disappear back to the sources and felt the creature he created change back to normal.

'Damn, I had hoped that my beloved wouldn't get involved. I shall have to punish her for this later,' He thought then looked down at the Poochyena at his feet. "Let’s go," he commanded, walking toward the distance city lights, the Poochyena following.

*****

Mamoru groaned as he came to, looking up at a starry sky though a canopy of trees. He sat up, rubbing his head and looked around. The trip through the portal wasn't an easy one and he just hoped that he landed near to where Usagi was. He checked the pack he had brought with him, finding everything still in it then got up off the ground.

Mamoru looked in each direction, trying to decide on where to go. He couldn't see any paths in the forest he was in and had no clue where to start searching for Usagi.

It was too bad that no matter where he started to look, it would be hard to find Usagi when he was in the Jotho region and Usagi in the Kanto one.

****

Author note: You didn't think I would make it that easy for Mamoru did you? Usagi needs time to grow into herself; they won't see each other for a long time.

And no, this isn't going to be a Usagi/Gary fic, Usagi is going to be with Mamoru in the end. At most, Gary and Usagi will end up like brother and sister.

Anyway, I have to apologize for taking 4 years to finally update. I had a combination of really bad writer's block and for a while I was working at a job that I didn't like anymore that was affecting my writing. I've gotten a new job in the last year and have been working off and on my stories.

Edit 8-5-14: whew, a lot of little mistakes had to be fixed up here.

(1) I changed this part a bit and included Kalos, the new region from Pokémon X and Y.
Sign up to rate and review this story