Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > Abigail's Adventure

Ch 4: Cupid's Arrow Detour part 2

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-24 - 1733 words

0Unrated
The looks of shock slowly disappeared from the faces of the Joes of few minutes later. "What's with the sudden change of heart Duke?" Tunnel rat asked. "I don't know I guess this place a grown on me." Duke answered. "You just want Abigail to have her first date." Ripcord said. "For the last time it's not a date." Abigail yelled from the back of the coyote. "Listening in isn't polite." Ripcord said. "IT's not listening in when you are standing two inches away." Abigail said. "She got you there Ripcord." Scarlett said. "True, but how long are we staying?" Roadblock asked. "We'll leave early tomorrow morning." Duke answered. The Joes nodded and agreed that sounded like a good idea.

Scarlett climbed into the coyote, went over to Abigail, and sat down beside her. Abigail looked over at her. "You know that you guys don't have to do this you know." Abigail said. "True, but Duke thought it was a good idea to stay." Scarlett said. "Don't you out rank Duke?" Abigail asked. "Well Yes." Scarlett answers. "Then can't you over rule his decision and tell everyone that we're leaving." Abigail said. "I could do that but then we couldn't go to this little clothing store I found to get you some new clothes." Scarlett said. "I guess could use a few new outfits" Abigail said remember she only had the few changes of close she took with her when she ran away from the orphanage. "Great let's go." Scarlett said as they both got up. Then they exited the coyote.

The girls rejoined the group outside the coyote. Ripcord noticed Scarlett had her purse."Where are you girls off to?" Ripcord asked. "Just to that clothing store I saw." Scarlett answered. "Ok have fun." Ripcord said. "Don't worry we won't." Abigail joked. Scarlett told the Joes they would be back in a bit. Then they left the group to head to the store. The girls got to the store and the sign on the building reads Andrew family Clothes. "Let's hope the inside is better than the outside." Abigail said noticing some of the letters were fade. Then the girls enter the store. The inside was updated and the racks were filled with every style of cloth that a tween or teenager could want.

Abigail went straight for the first rack see saw and picked out a few things that caught her eye. "I knew you would like this place." Scarlett said. "I don't like this place I love it." Abigail said correcting her. Then Abigail went to the dressing room to try on the clothes. A few minutes later Abigail came on in a pair a pink camouflage jeans and a pink ruffled t-shirt. "Scarlett what do you think?" Abigail asked. "It looks great." Scarlett answered.

ON the other side of the store Kyle and his sister Sammy are setting up a new display. "Hey Kyle, isn't that the girl you meet earlier?" Sammy asked her little brother. "Come on sis there is no way that she out there." Kyle answered. "OH really come over here and see for yourself." Sammy said. "Ok, but I know that you're tricking me again." Kyle said as he walked over to his sister. Then he saw Abigail in her new outfit and suddenly found himself going into crush mode. "Wow, she looks so pretty." Kyle said in a goofy tone. "Aren't you going t go over to her and tell her that." Sammy asked. Kyle quickly brought himself back to reality. "I can't tell her that Sammy." Kyle said. "Technically you have to it's in your job description remember." Sammy said. "Oh yeah I forgot." Kyle said. "Well go do your job bro." Sammy said giving her brother a friendly shove towards Abigail and Scarlett.

Sammy underestimated her own strength and accidently shoved her brother too hard. Then he stumbled into the rack closest to the dressing room and is covered in party dress. Scarlett and Abigail go over to him. "Hey, you all right there kid?" Scarlett asked as she helps him up. "Yeah I'm fine." Kyle said. "Kyle you work here?" Abigail asked. "Yeah the rest of my family too." Kyle answered. "That's cool just one more thing Kyle I don't think coral pink is your color." Abigail said pointing to the dress that was still on his head and trying so hard not to laugh. "I guess your right bit I'd bet it would look great on you though." Kyle said as he took the dress off his head and handed it to her. "You really think so?" Abigail asked. "Yeah." Kyle said. "I guess I could try it on." Abigail said as she went back into the dressing room.

A minute or two later Abigail came out of the dressing room. "So what do you think?" Abigail asked. "You look like a princess." Kyle answered. "He's right it was like that dress was meant for you Abigail it fits you perfectly." Scarlett added. Abigail walked over to the mirror and saw her reflection. "You guys are right it is perfect for me." Abigail said with a smile. "This would make it look even better." Sammy said joining the group with a bracelet. "Hey sis." Kyle said. "Your sister?" Abigail asked.

"Yup, I'm Sammy.' Sammy said handing her the bracelet. "Thanks Sammy, I'm Abigail and that's Scarlett." Abigail said. "It's nice to meet both of you." Sammy said. "The pleasure is ours." Abigail said. "Sammy Kyle came you two help your father unpack the truck." Sammy and Kyle's mom called from the back room. "We're on it boss." Sammy said. "Yeah mom were on it." Kyle said. Sammy and Kyle said goodbye and went to go help their father. Abigail changed back into her original outfit. They continued shopping Abigail found a few more outfits. Then she and Scarlett when up to the register to check out Abigail set everything on the counter.

"HI I'm Madeline did you find everything all right?" Madeline asked as she rang everything up. Yes, we did thank you." Abigail answered. "Scarlett if you don't mind me asking is your last name O'Hara?" Madeline asked. "Yes, it is but how did you know that?" Scarlett answered. "Everyone in town saw that news report about the cobra Pharmaceuticals that reporters said you and your team blew it up. The only problem is that everyone here believes that you were framed." Madeline answers. "Believe me I appreciate those words even if one town is behind us it still isn't enough to clear our names." Scarlett said. "That's true but when was the last time you and your friends had a home cooked meal?" Madeline asked as she packed the clothes into the bags. "To be honest I can't remember Ma'am." Scarlett said.

"In that case why don't you and your friends come over for dinner with me and my family?" Madeline offered. "We don't want to intrude." Scarlett said. "You aren't intruding trust me we would love to have you as our guests." Madeline said. Scarlett looked over at Abigail and she was mouthing for her to say no. "I'm sure the team would love to have dinner with you and your family tonight." Scarlett said as she paid for everything. "Great dinner starts at 6 o clock." Madeline said as she wrote the address on the receipt Then Scarlett and Abigail left the store.

Two hours later Scarlett, Abigail .and the Joes except for snake eyes are standing on the front porch. Everyone is dressed up in the nicest cloth they had. Abigail was in the dress Scarlett bought for her earlier that day. "Scarlett remind me again why we are here." Abigail said. "Madeline invited us to have a home cooked meal remember." Scarlett answered. "Yes. I remember but you didn't have to say that we would come."Abigail said. "Abigail trust me some day you'll thank me for this." Scarlet said. "I highly doubt that." Abigail whispered under her breath.

Then Scarlett rang the door bell and Madeline, her husband Stephan, and the kids greeted the Joes. "Hello I'm so glad you could make it." Madeline said. "Yes, my wife and I are honored to have you as our guests please come in." Stephan said gesturing for them to come in the house. After everyone got acquainted they were given a tour of the house. Abigail couldn't believe how beautiful the house was. "You have such a beautiful home. " Abigail comments. "Thank you Abigail we try our best to keep it like this." Stephan said. A few hours later everyone was called to the dining room.

Madeline had the seating arrangement set up that Sammy would sit at the end with all the adults considering the she would turn 18 in a few days. Sammy played it out Kyle and Abigail were sitting next to each other. Madeline put the food on the table. "Our family always prays before we eat so if you don't mind would everyone join hands." Madeline said. Abigail slowly brought her hands off her lap. Scarlett was holding her left hand. She was hesitant to let Kyle hold her right hand. Madeline looked over at Kyle. "Don't worry I won't bite I promise." Kyle said. Abigail smiles and slowly shortened the gap between their hands. As their hands touched Abigail felt her heart skip a beat.

"Kyle would you like to say grace tonight?" Madeline asked her son. "Sure mom, let us pray. Heavenly host We Give Our Thanks For food that stays our hunger, For rest that brings us ease, For homes where memories linger, We give our thanks for these. Amen." Kyle said. "Amen." Madeline, Stephan, and Sammy said. Then they gently squeezed the others hand and Kyle did the same thing with Abigail's hand. The hand circle broke apart and Madeline started to pass out the food. A few minutes later everyone finished eating and the Joes and Abigail thanked Madeline for the great meal. "Abigail I know you probably won't believe this coming from someone you just meet, but Madeline and I knew your parents." Stephan said. The dinner glass in Abigail's hand started to fall the floor and it shattered as it hit the floor.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: What information do Stephan and Madeline have about Abigail's parents? Keep reading to find out. Remember reviews are appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story