Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She Always Gets What She Wants

Chapter 28

by xFuRiEx 2 reviews

Frank and Brittany go on their first official date...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-04-25 - 3159 words

1Exciting


I'm not really sure about this chapter...



*



Laughter filled the room as my best friend found my predicament very amusing. He was lying flat on his back on my bed laughing loudly.

"It's not funny, Gee!" I grumbled in annoyance.

"You're right," he said, gasping for air and attempting to sit up. "It's hilarious!" He fell back down still cracking up.

"Piss off," I scowled angrily.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he breathed deeply. "It's just..." Another fit of laughter took hold of him.

"You're an ass. I didn't call you over just so you could laugh at me. I actually need your help. I'm going on my first date in months. It's not just any normal date either. I'm going on a freaking date with Brittany! How the hell am I going to swing that??" I exclaimed in bewilderment. "I have no idea what she likes or what will be good enough for her. She has so many issues it'll take any psychologist a lifetime to figure her out..."

Gerard sat up and stared at me blankly."She's just a girl."

I looked at him like he had sprouted asecond head.

"Did you just hear yourself? This is Brittany we're talking about. She's not just any girl."

He quirked an eyebrow at me causing me to groan in frustration.

"Frank, calm the fuck down. This is not the end of the world. Geez, if I didn't know any better I would say that this was your first date ever or that you were planning on proposing."

I snorted derisively.

"Sit down before you have a heart attack and..."

"I can't. I don't know what to wear and I don't even know where I'm going to take her. Where the hell am I going to take her?" My eyes grew wide in horror while I paced around the room in apanic.

I suddenly felt Gerard's hands grab my shoulders and then he pushed me down on the bed.

"Stay still and I'll find you something to wear tonight."

"No, I'll do that."

I grabbed his wrist, pulling him back down on the bed and stormed over to my already wide open closet. I began sifting through the several pairs of skinny jeans lying in a heap in front of the closet door.

"Dude, you're acting borderline crazy. You and my sister have done everything already. It's not like she's going to stop sleeping with you simply because you had one sucky date."

I looked at him pensively. Honestly, Iwouldn't put it past her, but that was probably just the nerves speaking. Gerard had a point. However, I couldn't help feeling that the entire future of our relationship was riding on the success of this one night.

"How about these?" I asked, pulling out my favorite skinny jeans, a plain black pair that weren't that tight.

"Perfect," he nodded his agreement. "And wear this shirt," he offered, jumping up and pulling one of my t-shirts from adrawer. It was black with a white design imprinted on the front. "Add your sneakers and you'll be picture perfect," he finished with a satisfied smile.

I felt a lot calmer already. Now it didn't have to take hours to find something to wear. That's not taking into account the several hours I already spent up the night before digging through my clothes.

"Thanks, but I still don't know what to do."



Gerard's lips pressed together as his mind obviously worked, trying to think of something we could do tonight.
"You know what I think? I think you should take her out to dinner and then you guys can catch a movie. It's simple and it's good for a first date."

"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, man. You're going to be fine," he assured me, patting me on the back.

I stared nervously back at him and nodded.



*



My fingertips dipped into the pot of hair gel one last time and I smoothed my hair to the side of my face and double checked to make sure that every strand of hair was in the perfect place as Iwanted. My hazel eyes seemed darker tonight and yet they held a slight sparkle. I was excited and nervous at the same time, but I guess the overriding feeling was nausea. I've definitely spent too much time with Gerard. I've turned into adrama queen just like him, but then again it could be the aftermath of spending any amount of time with any one of the three Ways.

I walked back into my bedroom and glanced at my appearance in the full length mirror. I looked hot even if I had to say so myself. I checked the time and realized that I was supposed to be picking Brittany up in ten minutes. I found my wallet and shoved it into my pocket before going in search of my phone. As if it knew I was looking for it, it started ringing loudly.

"You are not standing me up!" I said out loud, walking over to my bed and snatching up the ringing object, expecting it to be Brittany calling to tell me that she couldn't make it.

My eyes quickly checked the caller ID and froze. Good thing I didn't just answer it. It was Amy. It's been two days since I've spoken to her. One reason being my guilty conscience, the other being the fact that I assumed that she didn't want to talk to me after our last conversation. Clearly she wanted to talk now, but I couldn't answer the phone. How was I going to tell her that I was on my way to my first date with Brittany? I pressed the reject call button, swallowing guiltily and shoved my phone into my pocket.

"Hey, Mom. I'm heading out," I called out once I reached the front door.

"Have fun," the dear woman smiled.

I grinned broadly, "Thanks, Mom."

I grabbed the keys and pulled the door shut behind me as I stepped out of the house. About two minutes later I was knocking on the Ways' front door and waiting for someone to open. There was aloud ruckus on the other side of the door and I heard loud arguing voices.

"Mikey, no!" It was Brittany's shrill voice.

The door was suddenly ripped open and Brittany stood there looking slightly out of breath.

"Hey," she breathed.

"Hey," I chuckled lightly. "Hey, Mikey."

The blonde turned her head to glare at Mikey who was standing barely two feet behind her. I noticed Gerard coming into the room, but he was just passing through. He caught my eye on his way out and he winked. I grinned broadly at his good luck gesture.

"Michael, would you mind telling Mom that I have my house keys, but won't be out too late?"

Mikey looked from his sister to me and back again and scowled.

"Of course."

"You ready to go?" I checked, watching the little scene between the two siblings in amusement.

Brittany nodded, grabbing her purse from the table near the door. I stepped back and waited patiently as she straightened her clothes, hissed something at her brother and then came out of the house.

"Let's go," she said eagerly, leading the way down to the car.

I took Gerard's advice and was simply going to take her to the movies and then afterwards grab something to eat. The drive to the movie theatre was short and after I bought us two tickets and some snacks, we found ourselves seated inside the theatre. Brittany had been surprisingly quiet so far and I wondered how I was doing. The lights went out and the movie started to play. Brittany refused to watch a horror movie and neither of us was keen to watch a romantic comedy so we ended up buying tickets to an action movie.

We watched intently for about the first half of the movie and then my thoughts drifted to the beautiful blonde sitting next to me. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye and caught her doing the same. We both instantly looked back at the screen wearing stupidly large grins.

Brittany took a hand full of popcorn from her box and tossed it at someone a few rows down from us. She quickly looked back at the screen with a straight face, noticing the person look back in irritation and I had trouble suppressing my laughter. As soon as said person faced the front again we both started laughing.

I proceeded by grabbing ahandful of my own popcorn. However, I didn't throw it at a random person. Instead I targeted Brittany who gasped as popcorn suddenly rained down on her. In turn, she showered me with popcorn and it turned into a popcorn war. People all around could be heard complaining about the disturbance, but we barely took notice. I shoved a handful of popcorn down the back of her shirt and she glared at me, hissing quietly in response. She pushed her shoulders back in an attempt to let the popcorn leave her shirt. She grabbed the front of her shirt, shaking it. That's when I grabbed her wrists and pulled her to me, pressing my lips firmly to hers. We've been playing it cool all night, but it was time to get all the tension out of the way and this was the best way to do that.

Her hands instantly let go of her shirt and came up to rest on either side of my face. She leaned into the kiss, allowing me access without any hesitation. By this time we've forgotten all about the fact that we were in a movie theatre full of people. The only thing we were focussed on was each other. One of my hands got tangled in her hair, keeping her head firmly in place, her lips glued to mine.

I had no idea how much time had passed, but eventually I became aware that people were leaving. I opened my eyes and saw Brittany do the same. She darted a glance at the screen where the movie credits were now rolling. We parted, smiling happily at each other. Brittany leaned down to pick up the fallen container of her half eaten popcorn and then unexpectedly emptied the left-over contents on my head, smiling sweetly when I stared at her in shock.

She jumped up and ran away, popcorn following her up the aisle. I found her waiting for me right outside the theatre with a broad grin on her face.

"That wasn't nice," I complained, coming out of the building.

She laughed at me. "You started it!"

"Technically speaking, /you/started it. You were the first to throw popcorn at someone," I retorted, smiling smugly.

"You started by throwing popcorn at /me/!" she argued, wiping the smug grin off my face, because Icouldn't argue with that.

"That was the most fun movie I've ever been to," she laughed and I had to agree wholeheartedly.

"We might have to lay low for a while though. If the people from it find us, they're going to kill us. They couldn't really appreciate the movie with us having a popcorn fight and making out."

"They won't recognize us, it was dark," I said

"I wish that was true. Imean, it's not like there's anything to point us out," she replied sarcastically, pulling popcorn from her hair.

The sight of her pulling popcorn pieces from her dishevelled hair was priceless and one I would probably never forget and I couldn't help laughing.

"Laugh all you want. It was really unfair. You don't have popcorn...everywhere. I have popcorn in my hair, in my clothes," she pouted in my direction.

It seemed like the perfect opportunity and I leaned forward, planting a quick kiss on her pouting lips. Her cheeks turned a deep red as she stared back at me and for once I thought that she was just the cutest thing ever.

"Do you want to go grab something to eat?" I asked her.

"I'm not really hungry," she replied.

"Me neither. Hey, you know, if you'd like I could help you get all the popcorn out of your clothes later,"I offered with a smirk.

Her eyes narrowed at me and then her face suddenly lit up.

"I have a better idea."

"Oh yeah?"

"Come on." She grabbed my hand, dragging me along. "Apparently there's a new place not far from here. I heard some of the guys at school going on about it," she told me as we walked about two blocks and came to stop in front of a building with a brand new neon sign over the entrance saying Mystic. I looked at the place suspiciously, because it did not look like the type of place high school kids should be hanging out. A bouncer was standing by the entrance checking everyone's ID's and I looked over at Brittany.

"You're underage. You can't get in."

The teen giggled, yanking me forward once again. She pulled out her wallet and flashed a card at the bouncer and then pulled my own wallet from my jeans' pocket to show the bouncer my identification document. He nodded, opening the door for us to enter.

"When and where did you get a fake ID?"I demanded once we stepped inside the club.

"Now why on earth would I tell you that?"

We walked deeper inside the club, staring wide eyed at all the bodies dancing up against each other while loud music pulsed from the sound system. I gaped at my surroundings in pure horror.

"I feel overdressed," Brittany giggled in my ear as she watched a stripper prancing around on a small stage at the centre of the room.

"No way!" I exclaimed loudly, though my voice was drowned out by the loud music. "We are getting out of here right now."

"Why? We're just going to be dancing."

"Do you have any idea what Gerard would do to me if he ever found out that I let you near this place? No way. We're leaving," I stated firmly.

Of course Brittany wasn't going to listen to me. She shook her head stubbornly.

"Please, just for a little while. It's just dancing, Frank. I promise not to drink anything."

"That's not the point!" I shouted over the noise, looking around uncomfortably.

Brittany's annoyance at my refusal to stay seemed to ebb and she nodded, mouthing an okay at me. I sighed in relief, grabbing her hand again and pulling her out of the building.

"That was not what I expected," I said once we were back out on the dirty street, my ears still ringing from the excessively loud music from inside.

"Sorry, I must have missed the part where they mentioned that it's a strip club," Brittany apologized sincerely.

I glanced at her. "Your compliance came a lot sooner and easier than I expected."

"Well, you looked really freaked out and uncomfortable."

"This is definitely not what I had in mind for our first date. Scratch that, I never ever thought I'd take you to astrip club. You're underage and well... You can't really blame me for my reaction."

She leaned forward and kissed my lips.

"Relax, I'm not holding this against you."

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a wicked grin, pulling her back towards me. "You can hold your lips against me any time."

Brittany giggled as I kissed her softly. The teen moved backward until her back was pressed against the wall of the building, still holding my hands and pulling me along. She looked up at me, chewing on her bottom lip. She smiled before reaching up and pulling my face down to hers, connecting our lips for a brief moment. I turned my head slightly and kissed her again, this time not pulling away. Her arms locked around my neck, keeping me from going anywhere while my hips kept her body pinned against the wall. This was not the greatest place to do this, but right now we both couldn't care less. My hands slipped under the fabric of her shirt, gently caressing the bare skin of her back.

After what felt like hours, but was probably only minutes, we broke apart. I rested my forehead against hers; staring into the endless depths her emerald green eyes seemed to hold. Her right hand slid down from my neck and she dragged the tip of her finger along my jaw before lifting her lips up to meet mine in another sweet kiss.

"I should probably think about getting you home," I murmured listlessly after pulling back.

"Do you really have to?" she wanted to know, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me closer to her.

I chuckled quietly, "Yes, unfortunately Ido. You have school in the morning and besides that, you told Mikey to tell your mom that you won't be home too late. It's round about eleven now."

"Eleven? That's still early," she whined, unwilling to let me go.

"I promise to take you out again."

"What if the next time isn't as good as this time?" she wanted to know.

"I'm sure we'll manage," I smile, pulling away from her completely.



*



"Are you sure you can't come in just for a few minutes?"

"No." She pouted up at me making me laugh. "No, Brittany. You know if I come in I'm not leaving."

"Just a few minutes," she begged, squeezing my hands and tugging lightly at them.

"I can't." I was determined to stand firm, but my resolve was slowly but surely cracking.

"Please," she breathed next to my ear and nipped gently at it.

My breath hitched.

"That's not fair. That's coercion."

"Who said anything about playing fair?"she smiled slyly.

"Five minutes," I stated and I could see the triumph on her face.

She pushed open the front door to reveal Mikey. The teen narrowed her eyes at her brother and then turned to me, kissing me deeply, putting on quite a show. Mikey groaned and made gagging noises before hurriedly disappearing in the direction of his room. We parted, giggling at his reaction.

"I'm going to say goodnight."

"But you said five minutes."

"I know, but I have to get up early in the morning."

Brittany rolled her eyes, "Okay, fine. Of course I would date the responsible guy. Thanks for tonight."

She planted a chaste kiss on my lips and pulled away smiling.

"See you tomorrow, Frankie."

I grinned broadly as she left me standing by the front door. Gerard came in and looked at me expectantly.

"It went great," I told him happily.

"See, I told you that you were worried for no reason. From here on out things can only get better."

"I hope so. Good night, Gee."

"G'night, Frank," he returned closing the door behind me as I left still grinning like an idiot.
Sign up to rate and review this story