Categories > Original > Horror > Friendship Kills

Friendship Kills

by Axel_Insanity 1 review

who the heck is climbing into my bedroom!? oh wait, its laundry day...

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror,Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-24 - Updated: 2013-12-06 - 994 words

1Original
He opened the window as gently as he could, then slid silently through the young teens window. He landed stealthily and stood up quietly. His lanky frame was silhouetted in the moonlight as he balanced and stepped with caution, careful not to disrupt anything the teen might have left on the floor. He crept, slowly slowly over to the foot of the bed. He stood and stared at the boy sleeping peacefully. His long spikey black hair was fanned out everywhere, mixing with the shorter strips of green and purple. The intruder leaned over slowly, bearing his sharp teeth in a wicked grin and… gave him a sharp jab in the side.

He fell to the floor laughing as the young teen screamed and shot up in bed. The teen glared down and the spindly tangle of limbs that was his best friend.

“Sylvester, you ass! Don't do that to me!” He had been terrified! Sylvester’s shrill maniacal laugh continued from his floor. “And when are you going to learn to use the door!? I hate leaving this window unlocked at night!” The laughing stopped abruptly and Sylvester’s shaggy head appeared at the end of his bed. The boy flinched slightly, startled at the sudden appearance.

“Because,” he answered in his nasally, but not unpleasant, voice, “if I went to the door someone might see me, then what kind of situation would we be in!” he disappeared from the end of the bed, only to appear next to him a few moments later, once again the boy flinched.
“Relax Dez,” he said frowning slightly “you’d think you'd be used to it by now...and besides, you know i'd never hurt ya!” The sinister grin was back on his face and he draped his arm over his friend’s shoulder. “So...could ya do some more laundry for me? ...please?” he added when he saw his friends annoyed expression.

Dez sighed and frowned slightly “Again?! Why can’t you just do it at home?” he groaned flopping back onto his bed, burying his head under a pillow.

“Mother may ask too many questions.” He flashes another sinister grin. It disappeared a moment later. “That is, if she’s coherent enough to be aware of her surroundings…” The frown was quickly replaced with his normal grin. “Come on buddy, I even said please!”

Dez sighed from beneath his pillow “Why not go to Laundry Matt’s?”

“Out of money, pizza place doesn’t always pay well, and the...other job…well, there hasn't been much to it recently.”

“uhhhhggg, fine, but this is the last time!” The exasperated teen threw his pillow over his head.

“You say that every time” Sylvester replied with a touch of amusement in his voice.

“I mean it!” came the boys reply, muffled from his pillow.

“You say that every time too!” Sylvester ducked as a pillow comes towards his head. “Tsk, Tsk, Mr. Maul....you should know better by now!” Dez, just rolled his eyes and hauled himself out of bead.

“What time is it anyways dude?” He ran a hand through his hair and across his face. “Not more of this 3 am shit is it?” he asks, glancing at his alarm clock with a yawn.

“Nope, I waited till 6 today!” Sylvester proclaimed proudly, perched on the on the end of his bed. “Just in time to get ready for another fun filled day of school!” he added, jumping down and raising his arms in mock enthusiasm.


“heh, heh, heh....yeeeaaaaah.” Dez responded his voice void of any enthusiasm. As his friend stripped behind him he rummaged through his drawers for the stash of clothes Sylvester had left there. “You’ve already graduated so what would you know!”

“Well it's only been a year, might I remind you” he crumpled the clothes into a ball, then froze as he heard someone ascending the stairs.


“Desmond honey, are you awake?” Mrs. Maul called to her son from the top of the stairs.

“Uh, yeah mom! Just getting ready for school!” he called back to her, frantically motioning at the window. Sylvester didn’t need to be told twice, he knew this routine quite well actually. He left his clothes in with the others in a bag on the floor and quickly exited through the window with clean ones in hand.

“Okay, good,” Dez’s mother said entering the room “Be sure don't miss the bus today, I’m leaving for work in a half hour, so if you miss the bus, I can’t give you a ride” she continued with a stern look.

“Okay mom, I won’t” He responded, trying to look casual and hoping his mother didn’t ask about the bag that had magically sprung up overnight, or mention hearing their voices. Thankfully she didn’t. He scrunched up his eyes as his mother ruffled his hair.

She smiled at her son “thank you, breakfast will be done in a few minutes.”


_______________________________


Anyone looking out the window at 6 ish that morning would have seen a 19 year old boy sliding down the Maul's roof in his boxers. Of course, Sylvester knew there was no one looking out the windows at this time, so there was no one to think that it was odd. Therefore...it was not odd.

Once at the bottom, he strode casually over to the bushes, changed into his new clothes and grabbed the garbage bag he had left there before entering Desmond's room. There was some time still before he could show up on Dez's door step...might as well take care of this.

Anyone looking out the window as 6:05 is that morning would have seen a 19 year old boy in emo/goth style clothes, strolling down the street with a garbage bag, wreathed in morning mist. But Sylvester knew there was no one looking, so there was no one to see him...therefore, it was like he wasn't even there.
Sign up to rate and review this story