Categories > Original > Horror > Friendship Kills

Just an Average Morning

by Axel_Insanity 0 reviews

Let's take a trip inside Sylvester's head and he starts another ho-hum day.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-30 - Updated: 2013-12-06 - 1206 words

1Insightful
Sylvester's POV


I peeled off the black gloves and stuffed them in the pockets of my jacket. One might think it odd that I was wearing gloves at this time in this sort of weather, but no one has questioned it yet, so I shall still believe that it is not. You can never be too careful you know. I glanced at my watch...7:54. It wasn’t time to go in yet. I stood on the door step rocking back and forth on my feet for a few moments. 7:55. Perfect! Right on time! I wiped my sweaty palms on my black skinny jeans and promptly rang the doorbell.

I gave a small wave. “Hello Mrs. Maul!” I said cheerfully as I could to the kind looking woman that answered. She just sighed and stared up at the ceiling. Despite my obvious friendship with her male offspring, I fear she does not care much for my presence here.

“Hello, Sylvester.” she said dully. Heh, heh, heh, she really doesn’t like me! She responded the same way you would to a child at bed time, asking for yet another glass of water. I've always been polite and friendly, but she just doesn’t seem to be very fond of me. I must just give off a bad aura or something. I laughed to myself...if only she knew!

“How's your mother?” she asked uninterested in an attempt to start conversation.

“Same as always.” I respond politely. Then there was just silence. Not a pleasant one either, it was the uncomfortable kind of silence that’s makes you want to squirm. Like there’s millions of tiny bugs or creatures crawling up and down your back. And only an intelligible sound or bit of conversation will make them go away.

Thankfully, Desmond showed up behind her before things could get unbearable. The wonderful Dez Maul comes to my rescue again! Not that I need rescuing of course! Nor have I ever. I’m sure I could have handled things perfectly well on my own, had he been running late! …I could have, I’m sure of it! Eh, who am I kidding. I really am not the one for social activity.

“Well I've got to be going!” Dez cringed slightly as his mother kissed the top of his head. It seems that she often forgets that he's going to be graduating from high-school, not kindergarten. Glad my mother was never like that. ...come to think of it my mother was never much of anything...strange how that works. Most days I think he fails to realize how lucky he is to have her. “Don't miss the bus and have a good day at school!” Dez, rolled his eyes as she got into her dark blue ford and drove off to work. As it gets smaller and smaller it reminds me of a similar blue car years ago, getting smaller and smaller as it distanced it’s self from a wretched boarding school. I, of course, was required to walk closer and closer. And we both know what happened there...dont we? I shook my head roughly. Silence your chatter,! I mutter in my head. The erie echoy sound of silent thoughts tells me he vacated these premises. Good thing to, he knows very well the likes of him are not welcomed in the chambers of my mind!

Desmond pulled me away from my thoughts as he shouldered his back pack “Have fun...yeah...that's a laugh” he muttered as we headed down the street towards his bus stop. Well I guess if one was to think about it, it belongs to everyone in this neighborhood...but when we're on our own I’ve always thought of it as his, since I of course, am no longer trapped in that hell hole they call a school. Furthermore if one was to own something, why, of all things a bus stop? There are much more pleasant things in this world for one to own in a world such as this.

“So....how's work been?” Dez asked after a few moments of silence and the passing of a few boring pastel homes. “Making decent tips?”

I ran a hand through my shaggy black hair. “Usually just a dollar or two, occasionally there is someone thrilled enough to get their pizza that they'll give me up to five.” I haven’t been very popular in the pizza business recently. “Most college age males would prefer their pizza be delivered by young blond girl. I, i'm sure you've noticed,” I hopped up onto the curb and began walking on it like a balance beam, occasionally skipping, or sticking out my arms and spinning a small circle simply because I felt like it. “am neither blond, nor of the female persuasion. So I make out with mediocre tips.”

“Yeah, I guess that makes sense…but it’s better than nothing!” He responded enthusiastically with a bit of envy. I smiled as I watched him bounce along side me, losing him for a moment as I spun another circle. He lacked certain pertinent things that jobs require. Time and money. More specifically he needed time and a car, but to get a car you need money. Furthermore to get money you need a job, and once again he was in need of a car to have a job. Such a vicious cycle. My thoughts trailed off, Dez was still busy feeling envious. “I still need to rely on my allowance for everything!” he pouted, giving the rock he’d been leading down the street a sharp kick.

“Poor rock,” I said with a slight frown, dropping my arms and ceasing my skipping. “What has he ever done to you?” Dez just rolled his eyes, used to me making odd comments like this. Just for good measures he gave the poor thing another good boot, sending it skittering down to the end of the block. It is quite sad actually, I liked that rock....i think I may miss him. With a dramatic twirl I migrated from the curb back to my best friends side. With that we continued on our way

As usual we were the first ones to the bus stop. We both sat cross legged on the sidewalk while we waited, talking about nothing in particular. Also as usual I slipped away silently as the other school goers started to show up, such a busy noisy crowd. This action left Desmond confused and searching for me, once again as always. I chuckled softly and shook my head. From my position in the bushes I watched as he looked left, then right with a confused expression.

“Sylvester?” he called, glancing around trying to spot me once again. Honestly, after all these weeks you think he'd come to expect it. I laughed softly once again as he tried to spot me before getting on the bus. I know he couldn't see me, but I waved good bye enthusiasticly before slipping out of the bushes and going about my business. I had a busy day ahead of me, but first things first. I slipped the poor abused rock into my pocket and went about my business
Sign up to rate and review this story