Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Sailor Moon's Pokemon Journey

Chapter 4

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-05-02 - 4260 words

0Unrated
Sailor Moon's Pokémon Journey

By: USA Tiger

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Pokémon.

Chapter 4

Luna paced back and forth as she and Artemis waited for the girls to wake up. Artemis watched his partner, worried.

"This is all my fault," Luna said in her slightly British accent, turning again for another loop. "It's my job to watch over her."

"It wasn't your fault Luna," Artemis said with a shake of his head. "We were all caught off guard, even Pluto."

"What if his majesty doesn't find her? What if they never make it home?" Luna asked stopping and turning to look at the other cat.

"You can't think like that," Artemis said firmly, getting up and walking over to the black cat. "Mamoru will never stop looking for Usagi and they've gotten out of more dangerous things that this."

"I know but I'm worried," Luna said, bowing her head. Artemis lifted his front paw and rested it on her shoulder in comfort. About that time, one of the girls started to groan as she came too.

"Did it work?" Makoto asked with a slight slur as she sat up, groaning as her head explode in pain. "Ow..."

"You and the others did manage to send Mamoru to the other world," Artemis said, looking around as the others also started coming too.

"Wow... I feel really weak," Minako said as she sat up, holding a hand to her head.

"We used up a lot of energy," Ami said, crawling over to her bag where some pain killers were kept. "We had to create a worm hole to allow Mamoru to travel from one universe to another, all without collapsing the multi-verse in the process."

"Umm... what?" Minako asked confused. Ami sighed as she handed each of the others two pain pills.

"We punched a hole into another world and used up all of our energy to keep from destroying ours," she tried again.

"Oh... why didn't you say so," Minako said. Rei rolled her eyes, climbing off the floor and heading toward the kitchen.

"So is that why we de-hershin?" Makoto asked, dry throating her pain killers.

"Yes, we won't be able to fight for a while until our levels return," Ami confirmed, picking up her Mercury computer where it had been left. "We need to drink lots of liquids and eat anything that's high in sugar."

"What I want to know is did Mamoru get to Koneko?" Haruka asked, holding Michiru close.

"I hope so, with so much time between her disappearance, all I can say is that Mamoru did make it to the same world as Usagi but..."

"But what?" Michiru asked worried.

"He may have arrived in a different place than the Hime," Setsuna finished for Ami, who nodded in agreement.

"We couldn't gauge how far away he'll be from her, the trail we had on Usagi was almost gone as it was," Ami added.

"What are we going to do in the mean time?" Rei asked as she reentered the room. "What about Usagi's parents and the school, they'll notice she’s missing."

"Pluto and I have already taken care of that," Luna said, walking to the middle of the floor. "For now, Usagi s family thinks she is a part of an exchange program and her school records will say the same. Everyone's memories have been changed to reflect this."

"What about the new enemy who took Usagi-chan?" Minako asked.

"If they attack here, you will all have to fight without Sailor Moon," Luna said. "You've each attained your Eternal forms, you’re stronger than before"

"But for now, we just keep a look out and try to find any clues that we can," Artemis added. "Until Usagi and Mamoru return, we have to do what we can on our end."

"Usagi-mama will be fine," Hotaru said softly, speaking up for the first time. The others look at the small girl and all hoped it was true.

****

Gary yawned as he sat up, rubbing one amber color eye as he tried to fully wake up. He glanced to the cot beside him, looking on amused at Usagi who was sprawled out over her cot, her head hanging off the side, with Chip lying across her stomach. The blond was snoring softly and Gary couldn't help but wonder how she could sleep like that. And how could she stand to sleep with all that hair!?

He shook his head and got up, grabbing his boots on the way out of the door to head into the lobby of the Pokémon center. Nurse Joy was behind the counter, smiling and greeting trainers as they brought their Pokémon over to be healed. Gary could hear the whispers from all around the room, all of them about what had happen the night before.

To be honest, part of Gary was still in shock over the events. Sure, Usagi had told him and his grandfather about her alter-ego but seeing it was something else! And that poor Rattata, Gary wondered what happen to it and hoped it was recovering from the whole experience. He also wondered if this sort of thing was going to become common on this trip, and how were they going to hide from Team Rocket if it was.

As Gary headed for the vending machine to get something to eat, he absently knocked into another body.

"Sorry," Gary said, knocked out his thoughts and looked up at who he walked into. Jaerth scowled back at him.

"Perhaps it would do you good to watch where you are going," Jaerth bit out.

"I said I was sorry, there isn't any need to be rude," Gary said with his own scowl. Jaerth huffed, looking down at Gary over his nose then turned away from him. The Poochyena at the other boy's feet growled at Gary who glared at Jaerth's back then turned away. "What a jerk," he murmured.

Jaerth meanwhile put the human boy out of his mind, searching the center for any trace of Usagi. He frowned as he didn't see her there, wondering back toward the rooms that the trainers got to sleep in to see if she was there. As Jaerth checked out one room, he never noticed a yawning Usagi walk past behind him as she headed for the lobby.

"Morning Usagi," Gary said as the blond sat down across from him, grabbing a granola bar from the pile of food he had.

"Ohayou Gozaimasu," She responded before biting into the bar. "So, what do we do now?"

"We can get a jump on the next leg of our journey," Gary said, pushing the rest of the vending machine food into his pack. Usagi groaned softly, she was not looking forward to all that walking.

"Meowth," Chip said, rubbing his head against Usagi's arm, making her smile. She handed him a bar that said pokefood on it which he happily woofed down.

"Well, might as well start then," She said standing up, shouldering her backpack and picking up Chip. Gary followed her example, following Usagi out the room.

As they walked out Jaerth came back into the lobby, completely missing Usagi once again.

****

"DING WEEDLE, THE HAIRY POKÉMON. THIS POKÉMON EATS ITS WEIGHT IN LEAVES EVERY DAY. IT FENDS OFF ATTACKERS WITH THE NEEDLE ON ITS HEAD," Usagi's Pokédex said as she pointed it at the little dark yellow Pokémon with a large spike on its head that was crawling up a tree.

"Ewwww," Usagi said with a shudder, she really didn't like bugs.

"Come on Usagi, you've got to catch something," Gary said with a sigh. Why were girls so difficult about bug Pokémon?

"It's a bug," Usagi said, turning to look at Gary. "I am not going to train a /bug/."

"Alright, alright," Gary said, holding up his hands. "You still gotta train Chip though. You want to take on the gym leaders, he's gotta be stronger. Which reminds me..." Gary shrugged off his bag off his shoulder and dug through it for a moment, taking out a case. "Here use this," He said after a moment, handing a small blue disk to Usagi.

"Um... what is it?" She said, looking at it with a confused look. It has the words 'TM03 - Water Pulse' written on it.

"It's a TM, it's a move you can teach your Meowth," Gary said. "Just press it against his head and he'll learn the move on the TM. The first gym you are up against is Pewter City Gym; it specializes in rock type Pokémon. Chip is a normal type and his regular moves are useless but rock is weak against water and I remembered reading somewhere that Meowths can learn Water Pulse."

"Oh," Usagi said, turning to Chip. "Want to learn this then?" She asked.

"Me-owth," Chip said with a nod. Usagi grinned and knelt down in front of the cat Pokémon, pressing it against his forehead on his charm. The disk glowed for a minute then grew dark as the light seemed to be absorbed into her Pokémon.

"There, now he knows Water Pulse. Give it a try," Gary encouraged.

"Alright, Chip use Water Pulse on that bug then!" The blond said pointing.

"Meowth!" Chip jumped and turned toward the tree. He opened his mouth and a pulsing ring of water came out, hitting the Weedle and knocking it to the found.

"WEE," The Weedle shook his head then looked over at the Meowth. "Weedle!" He used String Shot, trying to encase Chip in a cocoon.

"Dodge and use scratch," Usagi commanded. Chip jumped to the side out of the way of the webbing then rushed at the Weedle, raking his claws over its back. Weedle, who was already weak from the water attack, fell over with a weak sound "wee...dle," little x's in his eye as his world went dark. "It... it will be ok right?"

"Yeah, don't worry. It'll come to in a little bit," Gary assured her.

"Oooh, good job Chip," Usagi said, picking up Chip as the Meowth ran over to her.

"Nya!" Chip said happily. The trio wondered around for hours, Usagi using to Pokédex to learn about the different Pokémon in the woods and Chip attacking them to get some training.

"AAAAHHHHIIIIEEEE!" Well they were until a colony of Beedrills decided to retaliate. Usagi, who was a bit of an expert of running after doing so to get to school every morning for the last few years, ran off with her long hair streaming behind her. Chip was clinging to her backpack with his claws dug in tight while Gary decided to attack the bugs instead.

"Blastoise! Rapid spin!" Gary said as he tossed out his pokeball, his first Pokémon ever appearing in a flash of red light.

"Blast," The large turtle Pokémon said in a deep voice as she drew her head, arms, legs and tail in her shell and started to spin quickly. The spinning Pokémon flew at the attacking swarm of Beedrills, knocking several of them out of the air before making a U-turn to take out even more. The Beedrills buzzed loudly, watching as the Blastoise came to a stop, facing the swarm.

"Good job, now use Aqua Tail," Gary said, pointing at the remaining bug Pokémon.

"Blastoise," Her tail glowed then surrounded itself with water as the Blastoise swung around and smacked the nearest Beedrills with the attack.

"Beedrill!" The lead Beedrill gave the order to retreat, leading the rest of her swarm away after they picked up the others on the ground. Gary gave a sigh of relief as they disappeared out of sight.

"Good job," He said patting Blastoise on the arm.

"Blast," Blastoise closed her eyes in happiness, giving her master a smile. "Let’s go find Usagi," Gary said, turning and walking in the direction that he had seen the blond and her Pokémon disappear in, Blastoise following behind.

****

Usagi panted as she leaned up against the nearest tree. She hadn't run that fast or that long in a while but it seemed that she lost the scary bug Pokémon.

'A Pokémon that looks like a cross between a bee and a wasp... who in the name of Kami would /want to train that!?'/ Usagi thought as she finally got her breath back. She looked around, she didn't have a clue where she was and didn't know how she was going to get back to Gary.

"Any ideas how to get back?" She asked Chip. Chips 'nayed' as he shook his head. His eyes had been closed as he had been clinging for dear life to Usagi as she ran. Usagi sighed and pushed away from the tree, she really hoped they didn't run into any more Beedrills, or anything else that was just as dangerous looking. As the blond teen and her Pokémon wandered around, trying to find some sort of clue or path that would lead them back, Usagi though she could hear a splashing noise. "What's that?" She murmured softly as she parted a bush and peered on the other side.

Chip pushed his head through the bottom of the bush to see what it was as well, sticking his tongue out with a green look on his face when he say what it was.

"Karp karp magikap," Chip remembered the time he had tried to eat one of those things, he nearly broke a tooth!

"What is that?" Usagi said blinking at the golden colored fish that was flopping around in a shallow puddle. She took her Pokedex out once again and pointed it at the Magikarp.

"DING MAGIKAP, THE FISH POKÉMON. THIS POKÉMON IS SAID TO THE WORLD'S WEAKEST POKÉMON. NO ONE KNOWS WHY IT HAS MANAGED TO SURVIVE. IT IS UNABLE TO SWIM AGAINST EVEN THE SLOW MOVING CURRENTS. IT ALWAYS SPLASHES ABOUT FOR SOME REASON," The Pokédex said.

"Poor thing," Usagi said, looking from the Pokedex to the Magikarp, wondering why the picture on the Pokédex had the Pokémon red looking instead of the gold color. She walked over and knelt beside the puddle. The Magikarp started to flopped and splash even harder.

"Magikarp!"

"Shhh, I'm not going to hurt you," Usagi said, gently touching the gold fish.

"Karp?" The Magikarp said as it stilled, looking up at Usagi. Usagi remembered the times when she started fighting when she had felt like she was the weakest scout and how she felt then. Like she was useless and a waste of everyone time. She hadn't been but that was what she felt like since she was such a crybaby sometimes and didn't want to fight.

"I know how you feel, but I bet your not as weak as people say you are," Usagi said, gently petting the Magikarp. "I always thought I was and I learned I was a lot stronger than I thought possible."

"Karrrppp... Karp magikarp?" Magikarp asked.

"Owth me Meowth," Chip said, sitting by Usagi, his tail curling around his feet. "Nyaaa."

"Karp karp karp!" The gold color Magikarp almost seemed to smile and started go hop around joyfully. Usagi giggled then looked around. There! There was a small creek nearby. Usagi carefully picked up the Magikarp and carried it over to the creek.

"There you go a lot better than that puddle ne?" She said with a smile.

"Karp Magikarp," The Magikarp swim around in a circle then jumped up out of the water happily. Usagi smiled, waved a goodbye to the Pokémon and started to follow along the creek with Chip. The Magikarp watched Usagi leave then started to follow a small distance behind them.

****

"Are you lost, beautiful one?" Usagi paused as someone spoke behind her, turning her head to look over her shoulder. Behind her was Jaerth, not that she knew who he was, leaning up against a tree with his Poochyena slave at his feet.

"Ah, I'll be fine but thank you," Usagi said. Chip looked at the dark type Pokémon at the man's feet confused. There was something wrong with its eyes; it reminded him a little bit of a Parasect eyes, blank like it wasn’t in control.

"Are you sure?" Jaerth said with a suave smile, pushing away from the tree and walking toward her. "I can take you back to the main path... I can show you the way out of this forest, it's not place for a lady like you."

"No really, I don't need help," Usagi said stepping back, this guy made her uneasy.

"Usagi!" she turned in relief as she heard Gary's voice. Jaerth got an ugly scowl on his face; he wasn't going to allow some weak human to interfere. He grabbed Usagi's arm, dragging her closer.

"Hey! Let go!" Usagi said, hitting his arm. Chip hissed and crouched down so he could jump onto the man's face and scratch it up but was attacked by the Poochyena.

"Leave her alone," Gary said, his Blastoise pointing her water cannons at Jaerth. "Step away from her."

"I would leave if I were you hu.. boy," Jaerth said with a hiss, pulling Usagi closer to him. Usagi growled and stamped her foot down on the man's and twisted her heel. Jaerth roared in pain and let go of Usagi by reflex. The blond stumbled and fell to the ground, rolling a couple of feet away. "You shouldn't have done that my dear," He said, reaching for Usagi again.

"Blastoise, Water Gun!" Gary yelled.

"Blast," The blue Pokémon sent a torrent of water at Jaerth, hitting him in the face and chest, knocking him back.

"Stop that creature you useless thing," Jaerth said to the Poochyena. The Poochyena used Glare on Chip, stopping the cat Pokémon in midair long enough for the dark type Pokémon to leap at the Blastoise.

"Poochyena!"

"Blastoise!" The Poochyena hit Blastoise in the face, biting down on her nose. The water from the cannons on her back stopped as she reached up to remove the smaller Pokémon. Jaerth sneered and turned his attention back to Usagi as the blond leaped up from the ground.

"Get away from me you creep," Usagi said, taking stick that was lying on the ground next to her and banishing it at the man. She couldn't transform in front of Jaerth, it would give away her secret but she was determined to protect herself!

"That stick will do you no good," Jaerth said as he grabbed the other end of the branch, ripping it from Usagi's grip. Gary in the mean time was working on getting the Poochyena off of his Pokémon, grunting as he finally got it to let go and threw it a few feet away. Chip yowled and leapt on the Poochyena again, this time gaining the upper hand.

"Usagi!" He yelled as he realized that the strange man had her cornered again. Jaerth reached out to grab Usagi again only for the girl to be rescued by a different source.

"Magikarp!" The gold color Magikarp who had been following Usagi leapt from the creek and Tackled Jaerth in the face. "Karp karp!"

"Arggg" Jaerth reached to throw off the Magikarp, right into Usagi's arms. He looked around, seeing he was surrounded by Gary and his Blastoise, Usagi with the Magikarp safely in her arms and Chip who had beaten the Poochyena and now looked ready to start on him next. "Until next time my dear," He said to Usagi before turning tail to run, the Poochyena on his heels.

***

Usagi sighed as she sank down to sit on the ground. The Magikarp had been released back into the creek but he didn't leave and just follow Usagi and her group as they followed the water back to the main path.

"Is this how this whole Pokémon training thing goes?" She asked, looking up at Gary.

"Being chased by Beedrills? Yeah that can happen," He said as he poured out food for Chip and his Blastoise in a couple of bowls to eat. "Being attacked by some weirdo... maybe."

"That guy gave me the willies," Usagi said with a shiver. "I don't trust him."

"We'll keep an eye out for him," Gary promised then looked at the Magikarp that was swimming in circles in the creek. "What's the story with the Magikarp?"

"I found it in the woods after I stopped running," Usagi said. "I think it's sweet."

"It's a shiny Magikarp, you don't run into a shiny color one often," Gary said as he sat down across from Usagi on the ground.

"Shiny?" she asked, looking back at the gold color Pokémon.

"Hmm," Gary nodded. "Shiny Pokémon are Pokémon who have an unusual color. Magikarps are usually red."

"Ooh," Usagi said, she remembered the picture on the Pokédex had been red.

"He seems to like you," Gary said, the Magikarp was giving Usagi an adoring look. "You know, I think you should add him to your team. When he evolves, he'll become a powerful Gyarados."

"Do what? A what?" Usagi asked confused.

"Evolve. When a Pokémon grows to be powerful enough, it can evolve into a different, stronger Pokémon. Some Pokémon need help evolving with evolution stones or it has to be the right situation," Gary explained. "Some don't evolve at all. It really depends on the Pokémon. Some Pokémon who can evolve chose not to,"

"Oh... so what's a Gyarados?" Usagi asked.

"Ask your Pokédex," the other teen said. Usagi reached into her pocket and took out the pink Pokédex, opening it.

"Err, Gyarados?" She asked out loud.

"DING GYARADOS, THE ATROCIOUS POKÉMON. THE EVOLVED FORM OF MAGIKARP. THIS POKÉMON HAS AN EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE NATURE. HUGE AND VICIOUS, IT IS CAPABLE OF DESTOYING ENTIRE CITES IN A RAGE." The Pokedex said. At Gary's prompting, Usagi asked for more information. "WHEN MAGEKARP EVOLVES INTO GYARADOS, ITS BRAIN CELLS UNDERGO A STRUCTURAL TRANSFORMATION. IT IS SAID THIS TRANSFORMAION IS TO BLAME FOR THIS POKÉMON'S WILDLY VIOLENT NATURE."

"And you want me to have one of those?!" Usagi asked, looking at the Magikarp, finding it hard to believe the sweet nature Pokémon that saved her from being kidnapped could turn so violent.

"Only wild Gyarados are violent like that," Gary said. "But one that's evolved from Magikarp that's had a kind and loving trainer are some of the most loyal Pokémon. They are tame and a great Pokémon to have, they only get violent if their trainer is in danger."

"Oh," Usagi said, calming down a bit. "Is that what you want little guy? It won't be easy; we're on a very important mission to get me home."

"Karp karp karp," The gold Magikarp seem to smile and splash happily. The blond giggled and grabbed her bag, digging around until she found one of the Pokeballs that Gary's grandfather had given her.

"Alright then, we're a team," She said as she pointed the enlarged ball at the Magikarp. The Pokémon gave another happy 'Karp!' as he glowed red, sucked into the pall in a flash of light. The ball in Usagi's hand barely wiggled before it became still with a small ping. "I think... I'll call him Titan."

"Titan?" Gary asked curious.

"Ummhmm. It's Greek mythology, the titans were powerful beings that could destroy the world but some also helped humans," Usagi said, holding Titan's pokeball close. "The Pokédex said that Gyarados are capable of destroying the world but one close to its trainer is kind and loyal."

"Huh... I guess it is a good name then," Gary agreed.

"Meowth," Chip said with a nod of his head.

*****

Author note: Woot! I think this is the fastest I've gotten a chapter out in years.

So Usagi has gotten her second Pokémon. Why Magikarp? Magikarp and Feeble are the weakest Pokémon there is but they both turn into strong/beautiful Pok mon. Usagi didn't start out as the strongest sailor scout; I am willing to bet she thought herself as weak because she was a clumsy and a crybaby. But now she's the most powerful out of the group. So she can sympathize with her new Magikarp. I thought Titan was a fitting name.

And before anyone leaves a review or IM's me that Meowth cannot learn Water Pulse, yes it can. In the 3rd gen games, Water Pulse was one of the TM's Meowth could learn this move. Honestly, I was looking for a fighting move but came across this move instead. Titan is unlikely to evolve before Usagi battles the Pewter Gym leader, Chip is her only other Pokémon so he needs a move to combat a rock/ground type since he's a normal type.

All the Pokédex entries are from the games and since I use a combo of mange/anime/game for my stories background, all the scouts have their eternal forms since they got them at the end of Stars in the manga. But I'm also borrowing some moves from the fighting games they were in.

Edit 8-6-14: Fixed all the places where the word Pokémon was messed up. Changed the color of Usagi’s Pokédex from red to pink cause the color suits her better.
Sign up to rate and review this story