Categories > TV > Young and the Restless > LIZZY

Split

by HP_Fairy 0 reviews

After ten years, all of Nick and Sharon's love was down the drain. Bradley Carlton has a secret that could get us all killed. Everyon's lives are falling apart, and it's all my fault. **Begins with...

Category: Young and the Restless - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Daniel, Drucilla, J.T., Jack, Lily, Mackenzie, Nicholas, Nikki, Phyllis, Sharon, Victor, Other - Published: 2006-08-01 - Updated: 2006-08-02 - 548 words

0Unrated
I ran and ran until I couldn't run anymore. I fell onto the cement sidewalk, breathing heavily, and willing myself to hear what was going on inside.

"I don't know, Nick. I just don't know what to do anymore. This isn't working out...for any of us." Sharon was pacing the doorway. I felt my knees scrape against the cold ground. My heart was pounding.

"Sharon, I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry." Nicholas was crouched on the steps leading into the living room.

I heard Sharon take a deep breath. "Well...I'll call my lawyer in the morning, then?" I froze on the sidewalk. No. No, no, no, no.

I saw Nick's head nodding through the crack in the half-open door.

"It's for the best."

I sprung up from the ground and burst through the door. "No!"

Sharon spun around, but didn't look surprised that I had been listening. Nicholas didn't react at all.

Tears were streaming down Sharon's face. Nick's also, now that I'd had the change to look. "You can't", I whispered, "You can't. Please, you have to work this out! Don't quit now, please!"

I was crying harder than either of them. They were upset, but neither looked devastated. It was as if they had known this was coming for the past ten years.

"Lizzy, please, stay out of this." It was Sharon who spoke. "No! I won't!" I yelled, fighting the urge to hit Sharon.

"Elizabeth", Nick said slowly, standing from the step, "It's going to be alright, this is for the best. Sharon and I can't go on like this, and we're not going to, for everyone's sake!"

"You're not thinking about anyone else!" I cried, "You're only thinking about yourselves! What about Noah, what about your son? What about Cassie? What about me//? "

"The world does not revolve around you, Elizabeth." Sharon said in a deadly whisper. That stung. "That's not what I meant." I said quietly.

Nicholas put his arms around me, giving me a comforting hug. "Liz, it's time to give it up. I know you've been working hard to put your family back together, but you need to understand that none of this is your fault in the first place!"

"Yes, it is." I choked. I pulled away from Nick, and walked slowly up the steps to the front door.

"Everything is always my fault. Nothing I do is right. I'm the reason Cassie is dead. I'm the reason you want to leave your wife for Phyllis! And I'm the reason Daniel, and Lily, and Dru, and Neil are all messed up! And most importantly, while I'm at it, I might as well throw in that it's my fault that Paul and Chris split up! Can anyone else think of anything?"

Nick shook his head. "Lizzy, please, stop it! None of this is your fault, okay? You haven't done anything wrong, at all, so quit blaming yourself, alright?" He sounded angry.

I turned to Sharon for her reaction. She was still crying, and was looking at me as if she'd never seen me before. Sighing, I collapsed into the doorframe and let myself cry. After ten years, all of Nick and Sharon's love was down the drain. Everyone's lives were falling apart, and it was all my fault.
Sign up to rate and review this story