Categories > TV > Young and the Restless > LIZZY

I've seen the real Bradley Carlton

by HP_Fairy 0 reviews

"Well, you'd better start explaining then!" I shouted, "Because I want the truth! And if you don't tell me, I'm telling everyone that you're George Kaplan!"

Category: Young and the Restless - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Daniel, Drucilla, J.T., Jack, Lily, Mackenzie, Nicholas, Nikki, Phyllis, Sharon, Victor, Other - Published: 2006-08-02 - Updated: 2006-08-02 - 552 words

0Unrated
I walked past the glowing, neon, lights of the Newman parking garage and climbed wearily into the empty elevator. I waited for the shrill "ding", before stepping out into a darkened hallway.

"Elizabeth, Sweetheart, there you are! I was looking everywhere for you! I wanted to"-"Not now, Nikki, please." I said, pushing past my grandmother.

I watched her making the ever so famous, "I-am-Nikki-Newman-how-dare-you-speak-to-me-that-way" face, as I walked down the hall, heading for the breakroom.

I needed to find somewhere to be alone and think. I didn't expect anyone to be in there, due to the fact that it was nearing eleven o'clock.

Well, I was surprised. I pushed open the door, and there, standing in front of me, to my displeasure, was the one and only Bradley Carlton.

********************************


"Oh. Brad. Sorry, I didn't realize...I mean, I'll uh, just go." I started for the door, but my Uncle got there first. "I'm sorry, Lizzy. I can't let you go."

I rolled my eyes. "Uh, why? Am I under arrest?" Bradley shook his head, frowning seriously. "No, but I'm in some trouble, and you may be too."

I froze. Did Brad know that I knew? I felt a shiver run up my spine. "Let me go", I said coldy, "I have somewhere to be." He shook his head. "No, Elizabeth. You're coming with me. You and I need to have a little chat with your pal, Jeffrey Todd."

J.T. No. "Curse you, Colleen", I thought to myself, "You and your big mouth! You told Brad! You had to have, I know I sure didn't!"

Brad was studying me carefully. "How much do you know, Elizabeth?" I shivered. This guy was creepy. I mean, I'd never liked him, but now...he was just plain creepy!

"This is my chance", I thought, "This is my chance to save my family and make up for what I've done wrong. If I call him out, he'll have to come clean! And then the whole town will know what Bradley Carlton has been hiding all these years."

"What do you know, Elizabeth?" He asked again, this time in a deadly whisper. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath.

"I know that you're not Brad Carlton", I said clearly, watching him shift uncomfortably in front of me, "And I know that your family was murdered, and that you're the main suspect!"

Brad shook his head wildly. "Lizzy, don't get ahead of yourself! I would never kill my family, it's all a misunderstanding!"

I laughed bitterly. "They were killed with a baseball bat, Brad!"

This seemed to get to him. "Elizabeth, how did you know about that? Who have you been talking to?"

I backed away, towards the door. "Paul", I said, "And J.T. We've been investigating you in Cleveland. I've been with them, I've seen the pictures. I've seen the real Brad Carlton!"

Brad grabbed me by the arm. "Elizabeth, keep your voice down! I didn't kill my family! I never murdered anyone! And I didn't kill Bradley Carlton!" He was shouting awfully loud for someone who didn't want to be heard.

Then again, so was I. "Well, you'd better start explaining then!" I shouted, "Because I want the truth! And if you don't tell me, I'm telling everyone that you're George Kaplan!"
Sign up to rate and review this story