Categories > Original > Fantasy > These Four Walls

Old Friends

by AlexisSCREAM 2 reviews

They couldn't forget.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2013-05-05 - 690 words

5Original
Hoshi found it strange, calling her older brother Roderick, but she could see how much it meant to him. It didn’t bother her as much as she’d expected; she loved seeing her brother smile whenever Hoshi called Roderick by his now-legal name.

Roderick was sitting on a swing in a park, swinging gently as he drifted in and out of random daydreams. He thought back to his childhood and how he was treated differently for not being thoroughly Japanese. It became more difficult as he grew older, as he realised that we was gay. He exhaled deeply and looked around. The park was empty, with the exception of two crimson-haired boys. They were whispering to one another and occasionally glancing at Roderick. They seemed to be about his age. The boys shared another exchange before clambering to their feet and making their way across the park, towards Roderick.

As they neared him, Roderick could see that they were identical twins. One was slightly taller than the other, and he wore a red shirt, with an unbuttoned black shirt over it. He had a red and black checked tie around his neck, and yet he still wore a dozen or so necklaces. Because his shirts were short sleeved, he covered his arms with black and red bracelets. His pants were punk-styled and complimented the rest of his outfit very well. To top it off, his boots were black and heavy, with chains and buckles. His red hair was a random mix of long and short, held back by a black and white checked bandana. He had a long side fridge, styled to the left, covering an eye. It was an interesting look, but it suited him. His twin wore a dark grey and black checked hoodie with a red low cut shirt underneath. One hoodie sleeve was rolled up to the elbow, revealing a mass of rainbow bracelets and the right sleeve was left down. He wore black skinny jeans and red converse. His long red hair was backcombed into a typical scene girl style. Roderick thought that it was quite easy to mistake the shorter boy for a girl.
“Hello, are you new?” the taller boy nodded. Roderick hadn’t expected the twist of a Japanese accent that the boy had. Perhaps he should’ve done.
“Yeah. I’m sorry, but, do I know you?” Roderick questioned, looking up at the boys. He could now see that they had dark purple eyes. Suddenly, he wasn’t too sure whether to hug the pair infrotn of him or run away in the opposite direction.
“No, but we like to greet people,” the taller one said with a devilish grin. Roderick’s eyes widened.
“Daeo, stop it. You’re scaring him!” the shorter twin said. Roderick’s eyes somehow widened even further and he almost fell backwards off of the swing.
“I knew it,” the wine haired boy mumbled.
“It is Yoshi, right?” the shorter boy asked. He had excitement scrawled all over his face.
“Yes, no, maybe. No, but yes?” Roderick fumbled his words and chuckled slightly at the two sets of very confused eyes that were staring at him. “I changed my name,” Roderick explained.
“Ah, cool. To what?” Daeo asked, adjusting his bandana.
“Roderick,”
“Roderick? What the actual fuck, man?” Daeo laughed.
“Dae, that’s impolite. You haven’t seen him for five years, and you already start laughing in his face?” the other twin said.
“Well, I’m sorry about that, Kyo, but, if you haven’t noticed, out old friend appears to have a terrible taste in names, ” Daeo joked. Kyo and Roderick shared a glance and burst out laughing.
“How have you guys been?” Roderick asked after the laughter had died down.
“Pretty shit, to be honest. We’ve missed you, you know? You made us look cool,” Kyo chuckled.
“And you, Roderick?” Daeo said, biting his bottom lip to suppress the laughter he was hold back, “How have you been?”
“I think I should explain that elsewhere. Can you come to mine?”
“Sure, right, Dae?”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Mom’ll kill us though.”
Sign up to rate and review this story