Categories > Original > Humor > High School Never Ends

Chapter Seven: Bowling For Soup

by MCR-99 1 review

Note: no soup mentioned. just bowling.

Category: Humor - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2013-05-09 - 1165 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: Bowling For Soup

"Let's go then guys!" Vic announced at the end of practice, and we all packed away and got ready to head out for bowling. Ash and Jaime were the first to go, Jaime carrying Ash from the room like a newly-wedded couple, then Sam went next, and the other's left at their own pace, leaving me and Vic just trailing behind and watching as the little huddle of friends mucked around before our eyes.

"Good practice, you guys are good." I say, trying to avoid the awkward silences.

"Thanks." Vic smiled to himself. "You're pretty good too, a really nice voice."

"Really?" I kinda sighed that one out, a happy-ish sigh. "Thanks."

"You should enter the talent contest with that, you'd probably win." The mere mention of a talent show made me nearly want to barf up the empty contents of my stomach.

"No." I mumble. "I won't be able to sing in front of the school."

"Why not?" Vic asked. "You sang in front of us, and you managed that pretty well.."

"Yeah, that was only a small group, but in front of the school? I can't do it."

"Well, what if I was up there with you, performing alongside you? Just like practice?" He suggested. "Because, I know you probably want me to be up there with you, and I want to because I want to help you with this stage fright of yours."

"I'll think about it, I've only just started here, remember?"

"Guys?!" I noticed the others had turned back to look at us, and realised we were stood in the middle of the hallway looking at one another. "You coming or what?"

"Yeah, okay." Vic took my hand and dragged me along, and we all ran towards the car park where there was a blue mini van parked. It was Ash's car, and she and Jaime got in the front, and the rest of us in the back, me and Sam in the very back of course. After about fifteen minutes we made it to the bowling alley Cosmic Lanes, and we all got out.

"Jeez, Ash, weren't you driving a little too fast?" Vic laughed, and Ash rolled her eyes.

"Give me a break, Fuentes, I got us there didn't I?"

"Fine, Finnagan, you win." Vic said, and we headed inside and got our rentals and set up the game, and who should walk in the door but Kellin, followed by the one and only Destiny. They looked pretty snuggled up together, and it made me a little cringy, when Sam waved a hand in front of my face and screamed in my ear.

"Your go, Sadie!" I jumped at the scream, and snapped back to where I was, then realised it was my go. I took a deep breath and walked over to the ball chute, collecting a ball and getting ready to shoot, then felt hands on mine and turned to see who it was.

"You're holding the ball wrong." Vic said as he moved my fingers about, and he was stood pretty fucking close to me, not that I wasn't enjoying this little comfort, until it was all ruined by Jaime going 'aww you guys look so cute together' and it just ruined the moment. Right, here went nothing. I took my shot, and got a strike on the first go, and turned back and went mental.

"Fuck yeah, fuckers, that's how it's done!" I then realised Kellin and Destiny were stood with us, and Destiny tried not to laugh, Kellin then hitting her arm and glaring at her.

"Oh, um, hi." I smile shyly, dropping my gaze from Kellin and his freaking gorgeous face. Wait, what was I saying? He had a girlfriend.. that wasn't right for him, is what I thought. "What do you guys want?"

"Oh, um, we were wondering if you wanted to come to Destiny's big birthday bash in about two weeks time?" Kellin was the one getting shy now.

"All of us?" I ask, and everyone else's heads perk up.

"Yeah, we are gonna need a band to play.." Kellin laughed a little, and Destiny moaned at him.

"But, Kellin!" She whined. "What about Sleeping With Sirens, your band? Can't you guys play?"

"No, Babe, we wanna enjoy the party." Kellin slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him, making Destiny smile, oh fuck they were about to kiss and.. yeah, they just kissed, ew.

"Guys, save the PDA for when no one's in sight! I can barely take Jaime and Ash's clothed fuckings!" I burst out with it, and made everyone laugh.

"So, are you guys coming or what?" Kellin got deadly serious.

"Sure, we'll go, but if you guys are gonna fuck, don't do it around me.." I mumbled the last bit.

"Cool, see ya then." and with that they were gone to another lane, and I took a seat by Sam, and Ash took her turn.

"I think he likes you.." Sam said in a sing-song voice, and I rolled my eyes.

"Kellin? He's not my type.." I mumble.

"You have a type now?" Tony laughed, and I frowned.

"Tony, please do not butt into our conversations.." Tony just rolled his eyes and laughed. "But, anyway, he doesn't like me.."

"He does!" Sam squealed. "I can see it in his eyes, he got nervous to talk to you!"

"Really?" I ask.

"How can you not see it?!" Sam squealed again.

"Whatever. I don't like him anyway." Sam raised an eyebrow at this.

"Sadie, I know you do, you're a terrible liar.." Sam laughed.

"Fine." I sighed. "I like him a little bit.. because he has a fucking girlfriend!"

"Destiny? Please, that bitch ain't right for him at all.."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"I've been here long enough to know she's a cheat.." Sam said, sounding kinda ghetto-y.

"A Cheat?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Yeah." Vic caught on in our little discussion. "With every guy she's dated, including me, she's always cheated on them with this one guy, who she changes the name of every time, and to make it even wierder, that guy goes to our school.."

"Well, who is the guy?" I ask.

"Danny Queen, he's a jock, a sophmore."

"That fucking bitch.." I mutter under my breath. "So, is she really cheating on Kellin?"

"Yeah, with Danny of course.." Vic said.

"Does he know?"

"No, he's unaware of it.."

"We have to tell him!" I jump up from my seat.

"Woah, slow your roll there girl." Sam says, jumping up with me and pushing me back down. "We can't tell him now, because Destiny will of course make something up."

"Well, when can I tell him, I mean, he has to know."

"At Destiny's party. You get him alone, and then you tell him." Sam has planned this all out, hasn't she?

"Got it." I say, and the game continues on..
Sign up to rate and review this story