Categories > Original > Romance > Would You Please Stay And Please Be Mine?

Chapter Nine.

by MCR-99 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-05-11 - 726 words

0Unrated
Chapter Nine
A few months later..- Sadie's POV

After a few months, we managed to adopt two little girls, Amelia and Courtney. Amelia was eight-years-old, with nice, dirty blonde, kind of golden, hair that hung messily over her shoulders. Courtney was seven, with straight black hair that ran down her back, and glasses. I loved my little girls, but it bothered me knowing Kellin would never really see them grow up to get married or have kids of their own, and I also knew I had to tell them. I decided we'd tell them together.

That night, we sat on the couch in the living room, the girls were watching SpongeBob, and we watched over them, like all parents do. Then, we came out with the truth.

"Girls, we have to tell you something." They turned to face us with wide, innocent eyes. Then, then got up from the position of laying on the floor, and sat on the sofa, one beside each of us. Me and Kellin looked at each other, before he told them.

"Daddy's dying." He said, and I studied the expression on the girls' face, looking for any signs of sadness, yet they didn't show any.

"How?" Amelia asked. Amelia understood the fact he was dying, but Courtney was still a little slow.

"Daddy's ill." I say. "Very ill. This disease is killing him." It pained me to say it; accept it. But it had to happen.

"How long?" Courtney asked, finally grasping the fact her father was dying. "How long do you have Daddy?"

"I have about six months left." He said, sadly. We were all silent for a while, before Courtney hugged him tightly, softly crying a little.

"I don't want you to die, Daddy.." She whimpered, and I nearly began to cry myself.

"Girls," I say, trying to change the subject. "Go get ready for bed, we'll be with you soon." The girls climbed from the sofa and padded over to the stairs, and I watched them go. They turned back to look at us with sad eyes, before climbing the stairs and going to their room. I sighed.

"That was hard." Kellin said, wrapping an arm around me. "But, it had to be done."

"Yes." I agreed, and slowly felt the tears fall again, which Kellin noticed. He hugged me tighter.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"The kids. They know now, but it's still gonna be hard for them, knowing that their Daddy barely saw them grow up." I sniffled quietly. "I mean, I know I've lived without a Dad, but I don't want my kids living without one either.."

"It's okay." Kellin kissed the top of my head. "We can get through this. Even if the medicines aren't taking any effect, I have a plan."

"What?" I look up at him.

"A memory box. We get a box, and fill it with letters, pictures, anything, that will keep me in the girls memory when I'm gone. So, when I'm gone, they won't forget."

"That's a good idea." I say. "I mean, we have loads of pictures of us and the girls. Our wedding picture, the girls when they first arrived here, all sorts."

"And, I can write them a diary of all their birthdays, christmases, saying I still love them, so they can read it when I'm gone." Kellin added.

"Perfect." I say, smiling a little. "We can do that then." We then get off the couch and head up to the girls room. Courtney slept on the bottom bunk, and Amelia was still awake on the top bunk. She looked at us, when we walked in, and sighed.

"What's up, sweetie?" I ask, resting a hand on her curled up form.

"Can't sleep." She sobbed a bit.

"Why?" I ask, concern in my voice.

"I-I don't want Daddy to die." She cried. "I don't."

"I don't either." I say. "But, it's too late to try and stop anything."

"Oh." She sighed, turning over to face the wall, and I kissed the top of her head as she slept, same with Courtney, before me and Kellin headed to bed ourselves, my mind reeling with the thoughts of the future.

OKAY. so I know I haven't updated this is AGESSS. But, here ya go. Hope you liked it! I promise to update more okay :) R&R! xo Sadie!
Sign up to rate and review this story