Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Eight: New Office

by MCR-99 2 reviews

Oli gets a new office.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-05-12 - 811 words

0Unrated
Chapter Eight: New Office

"Is he going to be long?" Oli asked the assistant to the person he was to meant to see. That person he was supposed to see was Mr. Lucker, he was head of department of the Police Force where Oli was to research the Origami Killings. The assistant behind the desk, a woman with blonde hair going down her back, looked up from typing on the computer to answer his question.

"No, he should be finished with his meeting soon." She then returned to her writing, and Oli sighed. He then took out his ARI glasses and glove, and slipped them on, browsing the menu of things to do. He took out the ball, and before him appear the holographic projection of a brick wall. Oli then proceeded to throw the holographic ball into the wall, and watching as the ball returned back to him. To the naked eye, or someone not trained with ARI, this would look weird, but to Oli and others with ARI, it was completely normal. Soon, the door to Mr. Lucker's office opened, and the two officers from the crime scene stepped out, shaking Mr. Lucker's hand in turn, before walking down the corridor.

"Destiny, I'm off for the evening." Mr. Lucker told the woman behind the desk, and Oli stood up.

"Sir, Detective Oliver Sykes is here to see you." Oli put away the ARI glasses and glove, just as Mr. Lucker turned to him.

"Oh, yes, Oliver, good to see you. Let's go for a walk." The two walked down the corridor, Mr. Lucker caught trying to tie his tie, as he spoke to Oli.

"So, you're the rookie then here, huh?"

"Yes, sir." Oli replied politely, this was his boss, it seemed, after all.

"Please, call me Mitch." Mr. Lucker, or Mitch, chuckled, before turning to Oli. "Can you tie this for me, I can never get it right."

Oli took the two bits of the tie in both hands, and carefully tied it, whilst speaking. "With all due respect, sir, I'd rather just call you sir or Mr. Lucker."

"Suit yourself." Mitch said, as Oli finished tying the tie, and he felt it to see if it felt alright, which it did. "Hm. This feels good."

"Thank you, sir." Oli smiled, before getting back on the subject. "So, what have you found, is this linked to the old murders?"

"Yes. I'm just going to a press conference if you want to hear more." Mitch said. "Or, you can go see Destiny about your new office."

"Thank you again, sir." Oli smiled, and Mitch walked off down the hall to the press conference, and Oli headed back towards Destiny, and stood at her desk. He caught sight of a basket with a golden watch hanging over it, and a sign inside the basket that read: 'For Andy's Promotion.". Inside the basket was a few hundred dollars.

"Nice watch you have there." Oli pointed to the basket, and Destiny looked up and smiled.

"It's for Officer Biersack's promotion. We're still a few dollars short, if you want to contribute to the cause." Oli got out his wallet and took out a five dollar note, putting it in the basket.

"Congratulate him on my behalf." He smiled, and then Destiny went back to working, before Oli spoke again.

"Um, Mr. Lucker said you could show me to my office."

"Oh yes." Destiny rose from her seat, and looked at Oli. "Follow me." The two walked down a different corridor, until they got to a brown door. Destiny opened the door, to an old and rustic office. Oli stared at it, bewildered.

"This? This is my office?" He said, shocked by the place, as he would of thought, with his position in the FBI and such, he'd be given a more adequate office.

"This is where I've been told to take you." Destiny said. "If there's anything else you need, just let me know." Destiny then left the room, and Oli could hear her heels coming in contact with the laminate flooring of the corridor. Oli shut the office door, and sighed. He then walked over to the desk in the middle of the room, which had collected a lot of dust, and swiped the things and dust of the desk-top, dusting off his hands once finished. Then, he pushed with all his might, and moved the desk by the pinboard, then drew the wheeler chair over to it.

"That should do it." He said to himself, before sitting in the chair and pulling out ARI again. He was brought to the main menu of ARI and moved his hands to go into the environment tab, selecting a nice forest landscape. Then, he opened the files.

"Let's get to work.." He said to himself, and began to review the evidence before him..
Sign up to rate and review this story