Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Ever Look Back

Down To Sleep

by lalatherapist16 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-13 - 991 words

0Unrated
We ran at a dead sprint to the parking lot. As we got into the SUV, other girls were over by the gate, getting it ready for us. Gunning the engine, Ren sped to the gate as it opened.

She ran over bodies, sending them tumbling. "Look for the livings." She said to me and the girls in the backseat. I looked out the window, my eyes scanning buildings.

"There." Emma said from the backseat, pointing at a building with a giant chicken on it.

There was a swarm of bodies beating against the glass windows. "HELP!" I looked up at the bloodymurder scream. There was girls climbing the fire escape, zombies following them up.

They beat them back, but more and more came. Ren stopped and got out, slamming her door loudly. Some of the zombies turned and came to us.

She swiped them down and broke into a run. We got out and joined her, slicing and beating and stabbing them until the ground was clear. "Jump down to us!" She said as the girls looked at us. "We'll catch you!"

One stuck the legs over the rail and jumped, her mouth open in a scream. Ren caught her with a huff and set her on her feet. "Come on!" We caught the others. The one fighting them back jumped last.

As she got ready to come over, I saw one of the zombies bite her leg. She screamed and jerked, tumbling over the rail. Ren ran and caught her, falling to the ground.

I ran to them while the others took out the screaming zombies. Ren was moving the girl so that her head was in her lap. "I'm bit." The girl cried.

"I know." Ren said, brushing her hair away from her face. The girls group stood in a circle around us. The rain beat against my face as I watched.

"I don't want to be a zombie." She sobbed. Ren looked at the girls around us who were wiping away tears and covering their mouths.

"Give us a minute, okay girls?" They all nodded and walked over to our group, watching Ren carefully once they stopped. "What do you want me to do sweetie?" Ren asked the girl softly.

"Take care of them. Keep them safe." Ren nodded. "You're a good fighter. So are you." She looked at me. I shook my head slightly.

"I want you to kill me. But first, can you sing for me?" She asked. Ren nodded and pulled her fingers through the girl's hair again.

"I'll take care of them. I promise." She said softly to the girl, picking up her sword. She rested it on the girl's chest and started to sing. "Do you want to say goodbye?" The girl shook her head. "Lay me down to sleep, where the mother cannot seek. May she always hold you in her hands and give you peace. Walk with her through golden trees, blooming flowers and brushing leafs. May she hold you in her hands and give you peace."

As she sang, Ren took hold of her sword and held it over the girl's chest. The girl's hand wrapped around hers and helped her run the sword through her heart.

Her eyes were shut, but she gasped, her mouth hanging open as blood seeped out of her chest. Ren bowed her head and pulled her sword free, holding the girl's hand. "Thanks." She sighed happily, her head rolling a second after she spoke. I looked away as Ren moved the girl from her.

"This girl died as a warrior. And she will be treated as a fallen warrior." She said in a clear voice. "Everyone in. Gerard, you drive." She said as she bent to pick up the dead warrior girl.

She held the body like a child and headed to the back of the SUV, kicking the crawling zombies down so she could get into the back. I grabbed her sword and climbed into the drivers seat.

Once all the girls were in, I headed back to the school. After the gates opened and shut, things passed in a blur.

Ren took the girl inside and wrapped her body in a huge white sheet. The girls who were still alive clung to Ren's group like lost puppies. Sin didn't like it, but she didn't hate it.

Once the rain turned into a light sprinkle, Ren had me help her carry the girl out onto an open field on the campus and set her on the grass. We gathered dry wood from under tarps and over hangings and piled it around the body.

After a minute of total silence, Ren dropped a lit match on the wood. It burned to life, the sheet catching fire once it was touched with the fire.

The girls came out to join around the pyre. Everyone in the building came out, Bandit taking my hand beside me.

She watched the fire, the burning body, with tears in her eyes. Ren looked at her and picked her up, making her let go of my hand. Bandit hugged herself to Ren and stayed there. She whispered something to Ren, who nodded and kissed her forehead.

When the fire was nothing but ash and embers, we went inside. I looked at Ren, who still held Bandit. "Do you mind if she stays in my room?" I shook my head and kissed Bandit's forehead.

"Night ladies." I whispered before I kissed Ren on the lips. She smiled and headed down the hall to her room.

I smiled and went to my own. My family was asleep still.

Climbing into my hammock, I fell asleep easily. And had the worst nightmare ever.







So a quick update. I have to go do something that I'd really rather not and Bleh.

So R+R because you love me and yes that song is just something I randomly came up with.

Hugs and 2013,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story