Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Second To None

How Can It Get Worse?

by lalatherapist16 1 review

"Mikey, meet my Daddy."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-18 - 1695 words

0Unrated
After the - very awkward - dinner at my house, Jenna and were connected at the hip. There were rumors going around the school that we were dating.

Which I didn't mind. Jenna didn't deny or confirm them to anyone. Not even to me.

Should I ask her to be my girlfriend? The thought passed my mind more than once through the last two weeks we spent together.

Today was no different. She asked me if I wanted to go see the new scary movie coming out and I said yes. I love scary movies, just like my mom and brother. Frankie hates us when we trick him into watching one.

But now, I don't have to worry about him screaming or crying like a girl when someone gets stabbed. But would I have to worry about Jenna?

As we waited in line for the doors to open, she seemed as excited as I did. "Hey Jenna?" I asked, high on adrenaline. She looked at me.

"Yeah?" her voice was as soft as the early March breezes around us.

"If I asked you to be my girlfriend, what would you do?" I asked, regretting it the second it was out of my mouth.

She tipped her head to the side. "I'd probably kiss you." she said sweetly. I bit my lip.

"W-will you be my girlfriend?" I whispered. She took my hand and pulled me to her.

Her lips were soft and warm on mine in the cold night. The doors opened behind us with a loud bang, making me jump. We went in and took our seats, not letting go of each other once.

We ended up getting kicked out of the theater because we were laughing too hard. The movie had been about a mafia thug who ratted out his boss and then was tracked down and his family killed in front of him.

Not a laughable plot, but the killing scenes were what we laughed at. They all looked so fake.

As we waited for Linus, we laughed about it. "Okay, if someone's blood pressure was that high, they'd be dead already." I said, going on about the part where the wife had her throat cut and blood spurted about a ten feet from it.

"And if the mafia boss wanted him to suffer, he'd have found a much better way. Not just killing his family, but making him hear their screams of agony." she laughed, holding her side.

"How do you know so much about the mafia? Is it like a hobby or something?"
I asked, trying to keep the mood light. She instantly sobered, and I somehow knew I'd asked a bad question.

"You can say that." she looked across the dark street. "Mikey?" she looked at me. "How would you like to meet my Daddy?" she asked.

My stomach fell out of my ass, ripping my insides out with it. I swallowed hard. "S-sure? Do I look...I don't know. Okay?"

"You're perfect." The car pulled up along the curb in front of us, the lights off. We got in and before she shut the door, Jenna told Linus. "Linus, Mikey's coming home with me again. I want hi to meet Daddy.

Linus nodded and started the hour drive to the manor. My hands were shaking so hard it hurt and I wanted to vomit. Jenna noticed my hands and took them between hers. She leaned closer, whispering in my ear. "Relax." her warm breath made goosebumps raise on my neck.

"A few tips?" I whispered back.

"Don't lie to him. He'll probably ask to speak to you alone. And don't insult him. It's the worst thing you could ever do." she whispered. The car stopped moving and I felt the bile rise in my throat.

"Welcome to Phillip manor." Linus said, his voice happier. Well, not as flat a usual.

We climbed out, Jenna pulling me. She took me up the stairs, past the floor with her room to the one above it.

She turned us down a hall and stopped at a set of double doors. Knocking twice, a deep, rough voice called to us. "Come in!"

Jenna squeezed my hand and opened the door. "Hi Daddy!" she smiled, pulling me into the huge room. She kissed her dad on the cheeks and sat us on one of the long couches in the room, close to the man's desk.

"My sweet baby girl. Who is this young man?" he looked at me, making me nervous as hell.

"Daddy, this is my boyfriend, Micheal." she held my hand so tight I thought my fingers would fall off.

"Ah." he looked at me again, his dark yes training on me. I swallowed hard. "Jennabear, can you give me some time alone with Micheal?" I felt my heart drop.

Yeah, I knew this was happening, but I didn't think it would so soon. "Yeah." she stood up, letting go of my hand. "And Daddy." she leaned over his desk, whispering something to him.

He nodded. "No worry sweetpea." she looked at me and left the room, shutting the door behind her. "So Micheal..." he started, making me jump.

"You can call me Mikey." I said softly.

"Mikey, tell me something. What are your intentions with my baby girl?" I bit my lip and thought for a long second.

"Mr. Phillip, can I be totally honest with you? And please don't tell anyone. Especially not Jenna." I stood up and started pacing.

"You have my word, young man." he said, his voice calm. I wasn't sure how to say this, so I just let it come out.

"I've been in love with Jenna since I met her our Freshman year. If anyone ever, ever tried to hurt her, I'd probably try to kill them." I said, letting it all out now. "And, pardon my French, but every douchebag she's dated, I had to watch them hurt her. And every time it made me sick to my stomach." I clenched my fists.

"Why didn't you do something about it then?" I felt my cheeks go red.

"I'm not the bravest person. Well, when it comes to girls. Jenna more so than others. She's just so..." I was at a loss for words. "Amazing. I don't even think that covers her." I shook my head.

"I like you, Mikey." he stood up, walking around his desk. He put his arm around my shoulders. "I had the same issue with her mother." he picked up a picture frame from his desk. "There she is." he pointed to the spitting image of Jenna.

Long blond hair, green eyes, pale skin, thin, short body. "Can I ask what happened to her?" I asked softly.

"She died a bit ago, when Jenna was still a little girl. I knew she had cancer when we got married. We did everything we could. Every treatment, every hospital..." he took a deep, shaky breath. "But she just got sicker and sicker. And she finally, she just couldn't take anymore..."

I patted his shoulder. "It's okay." I said softly. He sighed and let go of me.

"Thank you, Mikey." he smiled at me. "I really do like you, Mikey. I think you're a good man for my girl." he put his hand on my shoulder. "How would you like a job in my business?" he asked me.

I stared at him. "I would love it." I said, stunned. He smiled at me.

"Good man!" he patted my back hard, making my shoulders hurt. "You start this weekend. It's an easy job, and well worth the money." he sat back behind his desk. "Micheal...Way, right? I saw your picture in Jenna's yearbook." he started writing.

"Yep." I smiled at him. "Oh crap you saw that picture?" he nodded. "My friend dared me to dye my hair green." I tried to explain.

He laughed. "I thought you said you aren't the bravest person?" I shut my mouth. I bit my lip on the huge smile.

"It wasn't brave. It was stupid." I laughed.

"You gotta be brave to do things you know are stupid." He said, looking up at me. "Oh, Jenna's probably right outside the door." he waved his hand at me.

I blinked and walked across the room, opening the door. Jenna would have fallen in if I hadn't caught her. "Well hi there." I smiled down at her.

Her face went bright red. "Hi." she said softly. "Did it go well?" she whispered.

"Guess who works here now." I smiled. She looked at me. I nodded. "Yep." I was so happy that I thought I would puke for joy.

"Oh wow." she smiled at me. "Now I can finally tell you what we do." she looked at her dad. "Unless you'd rather tell him, Daddy?" she asked softly.

"You go ahead Jennabear. He's your's anyway. I just pay him." he didn't look up.

"I finally have a right hand?" she asked, clearly excited. He nodded. "Come on then!" she pulled me from the room, almost bursting.

"So, what's my job?" I asked her once she shut the door.

"Well, it's easy. You do what I ask you to. Get your hands dirty." she smiled, leading me down into the front room.

"Get my hands dirty? What does that mean?" I asked, my mind frozen.

"Ya know. Do my dirty work." I looked at her blankly. "Sweetie, do you really not get it yet?" she asked. I shook my head. "I'm a future Mafia boss." she smiled.

"Mafia?!" I gasped. She nodded and stretched on her toes to kiss me.

"Mikey, will you be my right hand man? Until one of us dies?" I bit my lip as she pulled away.

Should I? It means spending every second with her... "Yes." I said, not totally sure. She clapped her hands and hugged me.

I held her tightly. It's my job to protect her now. To make her happy.

Until one of us dies.





Sorry it took so long. I'm super tired and I can't really think too much.

So R+R and all that kinky shit.

Hugs and Altoids,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story