Categories > Original > Horror > A TribeTwelve Story

The Letter

by alana554 0 reviews

I slowly made my way over to the mailbox. I shut my eyes tight and held my breath. Exhaling, I opened the mailbox.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-06-02 - 259 words

0Unrated
I felt an envelope in my hand. Relieved, I pulled out what I was holding. It was a wrinkled white envelope. In black, capital letters, "NOAH MAXWELL" was sketched on the front. "ALANA [censored because why did 11 year old me give out her last name]" was on the back. Horrified, I ran to Noah, clutching the envelope. He took it from my hands and went inside. I stormed inside as well. I stood on my toes, trying to see what it said. Noah ducked down so I could read. "DEAR NOAH MAXWELL, WE SEE YOU. WE KNOW YOU HAVE ALANA IN YOUR HOUSE. I KNOW SHE WAS THE ONE WHO GOT THE LETTER. I WAS WATCHING. I KNOW YOU WENT TO KFC. I WAS WATCHING. I KNOW YOU GOT A DISCOUNT. I WAS WATCHING. I AM ALWAYS WATCHING. ALWAYS OBSERVING. YOUR TIME AWAITS, NOAH MAXWELL. ALANA, YOU WILL COME TO US." Noah began breathing heavily. Then he lost it. "GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! FUCK YOU AND YOUR CRYPTIC BULLSHIT!" hollered Noah, bashing out the door. "WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! HUH?! SHOW YOURSELF, COWARD!" Then I heard Noah screaming. I ran into his room and hid under the covers. I heard footsteps coming in my direction. "GO AWAY!" I cried. "I WANT TO LIVE!"
After about five minutes of silence, I took a peek from under the covers. I saw feet standing beside the bed. I shrieked and ran past him. I didn't know for sure who it was, but why did I care? I had to get away.
Sign up to rate and review this story