Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Mikey Way Hates Unicorns.

by insanecousinbenji 2 reviews

Just why does Mikey Way hate unicorns? Short oneshot thing/ tragic backstory.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-06-14 - 745 words - Complete

1Funny
…”Almost as much as Mikey loves unicorns” Gerard laughed, Frank and Ray joining in.
“Don’t talk to me about unicorns” Muttered Mikey.
“Aww, why Mikey? you love them don’t ya?” Frank smirked.
Mikey’s eyes darkened in anger, “I hate unicorns.” He spat.

~

“Wow.”
A 6 year old Mikey Way gazed in awe at the spectacular creature gracing the page of the book resting on his mother’s knee.

“They are real… aren’t they mom…?” He asked his mother, eyes shining with hope at the thought of this fantastical animal; and who was Mrs Way to break her child’s young heart?

“Of course they are, sweetie.” She smiled down at him as he stroked the picture happily.

~

Two years later an 8 year old Mikey Way beamed up at his auntie as he unwrapped his birthday present, the shiny wrapping paper soon revealing the object of his affection; a toy unicorn.
It had a gorgeous rainbow mane that sparkled like bowie in the morning sun, a pale purple body and midnight hooves perfectly complimenting its crowning glory: a pearlescent horn that glistened like the moon in water. Mikey was besotted.

Mikey lugged his new toy around with him all that week and soon it was the last day of his aunt’s visit.

“Auntie Sam?...” Mumbled Mikey, his words muffled by his aunt’s goodbye hug. His aunt pulled away.
“Yes, dear?” She asked.
“Are unicorns really real?”

Gerard sniggered as he walked down the stairs but stopped as his mom shot him a look.

“Sure they are, Sweetie.” She replied, ruffling Mikey’s hair fondly before making her final goodbyes to the family; chuckling to herself as she walked out the door.

~

“Next lesson, class, you have to perform a presentation to the rest of the class about your favourite animal .”
Mikey’s ears pricked up as he started to pay attention to his teacher, Mr Brown.
“You will be graded on the information used, presenting skills and visual aids, remember to have fun though, kids!”
The bell then rang and 10-year-old Mikey Way left the classroom smiling to himself: Oh, he had this one in the bag!


“Michael Way.” The teacher called out his name and Mikey made his way up to the front of the classroom, clutching the bag containing his secret weapon.

Mikey had worried slightly at first about his presentation; what if someone else chose the same animal? – Luckily he was the last in the class and everyone else had chosen other, boring, animals like their dog or cat, or lions zebras and giraffes. But oh no, he was much more original, he thought to himself, before beginning his talk on ‘unicorns’.

Mikey explained all about unicorns to the class:
Their favourite foods (flowers and strawberries); Their natural habitats (forests in Europe); Their magical powers (including friendship); population decreases in modern times (big).

The class stared, enraptured to the very finale, at which point mikey pulled out from his backpack ‘Star’ the beloved, and slightly battered, unicorn toy; showing it proudly before the class.

The class just stared in absolute silence. And then the laughter started.

Shrieking cries of ‘unicorns aren’t real Mikey’ and ‘Unicorn boy’ and the ever popular ‘HaHa!’ as the class collapsed into hysterics. Even the teacher was chuckling.
Mikey just stuffed Star back into his bag, hurtling out the classroom and all the way home, sobbing.

When he got home Mikey ran to his room and picked up Star; a single tear running down his cheek as he cast her into the depths of his closet.
Star stayed in the closet but Mikey was known as ‘Unicorn Boy’ for the rest of that year.

~Epilogue~

Mikey sighed as opened his bedroom closet, remembering the conversation of earlier that day.
He pulled out Star from underneath a pile of crumpled t-shirts, clutching her close and stroking her tangled plastic mane.
“I don’t hate you, we’ll prove them wrong one day...”


Author's Note: I have returned and I come bearing this! It's the same Mikey from my other story.I thought of it after seeing Mikey's 'I hate Unicorns' tweet ;_; and it got into my head and I had to write it. I'm currently in the middle of writing chapter 4 of 'it always starts with lockers' so that'll probably be uploaded tomorrow or Sunday but it's kind of hard to write because I got out of it, I will update it soon though! ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story