Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Surrender the Night

The Meeting

by Chemical_30 1 review

Gerard meet the man who delivered the letter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-06-20 - 2131 words

1Exciting
Chapter 2:


Gerard took a deep breath and carefully folded the letter and put it in his pocket. He didn’t want Lindsay to know, she wouldn’t be able to handle the stress; she had enough to worry about with the baby on the way. Gerard suspected this was yet another false lead, but he always let his hope get in the way of practicality. He pushed the thoughts of his brother aside and focused on acting as if nothing had happened.

Like the night before Lindsay had dinner ready and they both sat down to eat. Lindsay was hesitant to ask about the trial, if something had gone wrong she didn’t want to be the one to bring it up. Gerard realized this and spoke up, “He was arrested. The jury only discussed it for ten minutes. I was so sure that he had gotten off.”

Lindsay smiled, “That’s great! I’m glad there was some justice for that family. Did they bring up Mikey?”

Gerard nodded, “Of course they did, but luckily the judge saw what utter bullshit the claim was.”

Nothing more about the trial was brought up and the couple ate in a casual silence. Gerard could not get the letter that was in his pocket off his mind. He didn’t want to get his hopes up; because he had, had too many false leads to believe that the letter was anything other than a cruel joke. Something about that letter made Gerard feel closer to his brother than he had been in years. Gerard and Lindsey watched a few hours of TV before retiring to bed.

Gerard rolled onto his side and stared out the widow, his mind was racing. Thoughts of his brother, of his parents, of his life before entering the police academy plagued his mind. Eventually he fell into a fitful sleep.

“Mom? Dad? Mikey?” Gerard yelled into the dark household. He’d been at a friend’s house all afternoon and had come home after curfew. Usually his parents would be waiting with the lights on in the living room for their son to get home and Mikey would be sitting on the steps in front of the door, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his older brother; but not tonight. All the lights were off and remains of his mother’s favorite vase lay shattered on the wooden floor.


“Mom, Dad…I’m home!” Gerard called out again. He felt his chest tightened, he knew something wasn’t right. Mikey should’ve come barreling down the stairs, excited to tell Gerard about his day at school. Gerard flipped on the lights and walked into the kitchen. He turned on those lights and what he saw made a scream erupt from his mouth.


His mother and father were lying on the kitchen floor; multiple stab wounds adorned their bodies. Blood was pooled around them. Their empty, grey eyes were staring up at the ceiling. Blood was splattered everywhere, on the cabinets, the walls, the floor. Despite the blood layering their surroundings, Gerard stared motionless at their bodies, searching for some sign of life, some movement or breath. After several minutes Gerard found himself stuttering his younger brother’s name.



“MIKEY! Where are you?” Gerard ran up the stairs to his little brother’s room.

The blankets were torn off the bed. Mikey’s pillows were scattered across the room. The closet doors were crooked and some of the clothes were discarded. The small bookshelf that held some of Mikey’s toys was on its side, some of its contents were on the ground broken into pieces. The curtains usually that hung above the window were torn down. Gerard ran over to the bed and quickly looked under it. No Mikey. He went over to the closets…no trace of his baby brother there.

“Mikey?” Gerard cried again running out of the room and into his bedroom. When he saw that his room was in the same condition as Mikey’s he looked both under the bed and in the closet. No Mikey. Gerard felt tears run down his cheeks as he sprinted into his parent’s room. It was the same in their bedroom as it was in the other two. Gerard prayed that Mikey would be in there, but sadly he ended with the same result. He ran into the bathroom and still no Mikey.

He ran back into the hallway screaming, “Mikey! Mikey! It’s okay…It’s me….It’s Gerard,” Hoping that Mikey had just hidden from the attackers and that he was afraid that they had returned. When the only answer Gerard received was silence he fell to his knees and let out a loud scream. Tears fell from his eyes and cascaded down his cheeks. Once he was able to gain control of himself he ran down the stairs and grabbed the phone that hung by the kitchen. He could see his mother’s lifeless face staring up at him.

“911, what’s your emergency?” asked a calm voice.

“Please you have to help me...my parents are dead…and my brother’s missing!” Gerard cried into the phone.

Gerard woke up with a gasp. Sweat collected by his brow and his shirt clung to his back. His hands were shaking as he pulled away the covers. He glanced over to the clock. 6:35 AM. He remembered that night clearly. After the police and coroner arrived and asked Gerard some questions his grandmother Elena came to pick him up. He didn’t go to school for the rest of the week. He sat in the guest room of his grandmother’s house; a room would become his in a matter of weeks, and waited until they found Mikey. They never did. Elena made all the arrangements for the funerals, both his mother and father were buried on the same day; they were buried next to each other under a willow tree at the Newark Cemetery.

He grabbed a pair of jeans, a clean pair of underwear, and a black sweater before going into the bathroom to take a shower. It was Saturday and he had the day off. That was until he had to meet with the person that delivered the letter last night. He hated when he thought of Mikey, or his dead parents, he always ended up reliving that horrible night eight years ago. Gerard let the warm water calm his nerves before stepping out of the shower and getting dressed for the day.

He made himself a cup of coffee and sat down at the dining room table to read the morning newspaper. After finishing his coffee Gerard starting to make breakfast for him and his wife; he had to keep himself busy he didn’t want Lindsay to figure out that something wasn’t right. He cracked some eggs into the fry pan and put a few pieces of bacon along with it. After those were done he cut up some fresh fruit.

Lindsay slowly walked down the stairs and saw her husband in the kitchen. “Gerard, honey, what are you doing?”

Gerard’s head shot up and he smiled, “I decided to cook breakfast today. It’s nothing special; Eggs, fruit, and bacon.”

Lindsay arched an eyebrow, “Is there something you wish to tell me dear?”

Gerard nearly dropped the egg that he was serving onto a plate, “No…why would I need to tell you something. Can’t I make breakfast for my beautiful wife without being accused of doing something wrong?”

Lindsay chuckled, “Of course you can. Just normally you don’t.”

Lindsay and Gerard sat down and ate their breakfast. No words were said until Gerard spoke up, “I have to go out later this evening. I don’t think I’ll be back in time for dinner.”
Lindsay looked at her husband confused, “Why? Isn’t today your day off?”

Gerard nodded, “Yes its Saturday, but Ray and Jerry wanted to go out tonight.” Gerard hated lying to his wife, but he knew that telling her what he was actually doing would cause her to have even more stress.

“Well, alright, just make sure you’re home at some reasonable hour.” Lindsay smiled. “And keep your phone near you. The baby is due any time now.”

“Of course darling, thank you for being so understanding.” Gerard stated and picked up both their plates and put them into the dishwasher.

The rest of the day went by agonizingly slow, and Gerard did his best to keep himself busy. Lindsay sat on the couch and watched her husband do minor tasks around the house that she’d been asking him to do but he hadn’t had gotten around to it yet. As Gerard finished fixing the small leak on the faucet he glanced at the clock. 6:30 PM. He knew that is was time to
go and meet the person who had delivered the note.

He stood up and walked into the living room. “Okay Lindsay I’m going to head out now. Keep the doors locked and remember that I’m only a call away.”

Lindsay rolled her eyes playfully, “Don’t worry Gerard; I’m quite capable of taking care of myself for a few hours. “

He kissed her on the lips, grabbed his coat and walked out the door. The drive to the café seemed to go on for hours, when in reality it was only a few minutes. He pulled into the parking lot and stopped the car. He ran into the warm coffee shop and looked around casually. In the far left corner he saw a small hooded figure sitting with a steaming cup of coffee. Gerard walked up to the front counter and ordered a regular cup of coffee. With the cup in hand he walked over to the left corner table and sat down.

Gerard glanced over at the person sitting across from him. He was surprised to see it was a young man, no older than twenty and his wide brown eyes displayed a look of fear. His hands shook when he reached for his warm drink and when he slowly removed his hood to reveal his shaggy brown hair. His eyes timidly wandered the coffee shop; Gerard could tell that he was very nervous and scared.

“Y-you’re Gerard Way right?” He asked in barely above a whisper.

Gerard leaned in closer to the boy, “Yes, did you drop off a letter by my house last night?”
The boy quickly nodded, “Yeah… yeah I did.”

“How did you know where I lived?” Gerard questioned, he knew he had to be gentle with this
boy, especially if he did know where Mikey was. Gerard had to play by his rules.

“I…have been watching you for a while now.” He mumbled.

Gerard took a deep breath, “And what is your name?”

The boy’s eyes snapped up and he looked up at Gerard before hesitantly saying, “Frank.”

“Do you have a last name?” Gerard pushed on.

Frank shook his head, “I’m just trying to get Mikey help. There’s nothing more you need to
know.”

Gerard’s breath hitched at the mention of his brother’s name, “Okay…why did you wait this
long to come forward with information. Mikey was taken eight years ago. Why wait until now?”
Frank took another sip of his coffee, “I couldn’t come forward until now. Look Gerard, Mikey’s time is running out. We have to get him out soon.”

Gerard pinched the bridge of his nose, “Frank, I’ve come across far too many false leads to just believe you right now. I need more information.”

Frank glanced around the café nervously again before saying, “I will give you your information over time, we need to plan this out. We can’t just barge in and save you brother, he’ll kill him. He’ll kill them all.” Frank, realizing that he gave out to much information, quickly stood up and pulled back on his hood, “I’ve got to go. I-I’ll be in contact again with you soon. Goodbye Gerard.”

“Wait! Who’s them? Are they’re more kids than just Mikey?” Gerard asked quickly.
Frank glanced at Gerard one last time before leaving the table, “Goodbye Gerard. Wait a few minutes before leaving.”

Gerard watched as Frank ducked out of the door and walked out of the parking lot and out of sight. Gerard waited another five minutes before standing up and walking to his car. He begun the short drive back home, and the entire way he couldn’t get Frank off his mind; Frank and the hope that maybe, just maybe, he would see Mikey again.
Sign up to rate and review this story