Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > TERRA

Telekinesis

by AzelmaandEponine 0 reviews

Kathryn asks her boyfriend, Frank Webb (Fang) to help her with revenge; Terra talks to her mother about prom.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Terra - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-06-26 - 962 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans or Carrie.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kathryn exited the movie theater, pulling Frank Webb behind her.

“What is with you, babe?” Frank asked.

“Shut up, you idiot!” Kathryn demanded. “I need to talk to you alone!”

Kathryn dragged Frank into his car.

“Hey, Frank, I need you to do something for me,” she purred seductively. She pulled him into a kiss. “Please?” she said when they broke apart.

“Okay,” he whispered. “Anything for you, Kitten.” Frank and her father were the only ones who could call her ‘Kitten’.

“Frank, I hate Terra Markov so much—I’m out of the Prom and my father won’t sue the school—I need you.”

“What, babe?”

Kathryn smirked.

“I need you to help me play a joke on Terra Markov.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

From Telekinesis: the Black Prom by Gerald Potter

We know that Terra possessed extraordinary telekinetic powers and that her mother had peculiar religious views. So, it is logical to assume that her mother’s reaction to Terra’s powers was extreme.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Wednesday night. Terra opened a book she had checked out that day in the library, which was called 'Psychic Powers of the Mind', and was written by Daniel Waters. She skimmed the pages until she found something of interest.

“Telekinesis,” she read to herself. “The ability to move objects or cause changes in objects by force of mind. This exceptional ability has usually been reported in times of crisis or extreme stress.”

So that’s what my power is called, Terra realized. Telekinesis.

She closed the book and put it in a dresser drawer, under her clothes, where the material for her dress was located. She had bought the material after school and had plans to start on it tomorrow.

“Terra!” Terra’s mother called from downstairs. “Supper is ready!”

“Coming, Momma,” Terra called back. She would have to tell her mother about the prom. She was going to bring it up at dinner.

Terra exited her room and went downstairs. She sat down at the table and poked at her spaghetti, unsure of how to bring up the Prom.

“Terra, you haven’t touched your spaghetti,” Mrs. Markov said.

“Momma, I need to try and be more like the other kids, to try and get along with everyone else. Please realize that,” Terra began.

“What are you talking about, Terra?”

Terra took a deep breath.

“Momma, I’ve been invited to the prom.”

Prom?” her mother repeated, sounding scandalized.

“Yes. Gar Logan invited me, and he’s a very nice boy—“

“No. You will not go.”

“He promised to pick me up at 8:00, to come in and meet you beforehand and have me back by 11:30, and—“

“No, no, no!”

“I’ve accepted,” Terra said. Mrs. Markov threw tea in Terra’s face.

“You are not going, and that is final,” Mrs. Markov said.

“Momma, please—sit down and talk with me—“Terra cried.

Mrs. Markov got up and began to walk away. Terra’s temper started to rise, and she used her powers to slam the door to the kitchen shut. Mrs. Markov spun around.

“Devil’s child,” Mrs. Markov whispered.

“No, Momma,” Terra said. “It’s called telekinesis. Other people can do it, too, I’m not the only one. I read about it. And I’m going to the Prom.”

“Go to your closet and pray,” Mrs. Markov said.

“No, Momma,” Terra said. Mrs. Markov raised her hand to strike Terra. “No, Momma!” Terra repeated, this time more forcefully. “Things are going to be different around here. I told Gar I’d go with him, and you can’t stop me. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

Mrs. Markov only stared at Terra in shock and disbelief.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
On Thursday afternoon, Raven was coloring the mural for Prom with Kori Anders.

“Raven?” Kori asked.

“Yes?”

“Everyone’s talking. Why is Gar going with Terra?”

“Because I asked him to take her. I can’t speak for you or anyone else, but I feel horrible about what we did, and I need to atone for it,” Raven said.

“I don’t really know what got into us,” Kori said. “I feel bad now. I pushed her and laughed about it. She panicked and we laughed at her. But this whole prom thing. Where does that leave the rest of us?”

“I don’t know,” Raven said. “I suppose Kathryn’s mad about it?”

“She is furious, Raven,” Kori responded.

As if on cue, Kathryn Walker walked across the gym floor over to where Kori’s sister Coma was standing.

“What’s going on over there?” Raven muttered. Kori shrugged, and they continued coloring.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Where is it, Coma?” Kathryn asked when she arrived where Coma was standing. Coma showed Kathryn the ballot.

“Here,” she said. “Hurry up, Karen went to the bathroom and I don’t know when she’ll be back. I’m not supposed to show you this.”

“Calm down,” Kathryn muttered, reading the list of names.

Victor Stone and Karen Beecher

Kathryn nearly snorted. Victor Stone was the school’s star jock, but Karen was the class president.

Kori Anders and Dick Grayson

As much as she hated Kori, she had to admit that it was possible.

Jenny Hex and Wally West

There wasn’t a chance. Jenny couldn’t win an election if her life depended on it. There was only one left.

Gar Logan and Terra Markov

Kathryn stared at the last pair in disbelief. So it was true.

“That bitch,” she whispered.

“I know, right?” Coma said. “So, what’re you going to do?”

“I’ll tell you later,” Kathryn said. She handed the ballot back to Coma and walked off, dialing Frank’s number on her cell phone.
Sign up to rate and review this story